West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Shite against NUFC losing 0-2 , did well against what looked a poor performing Arsenal who where more clinical in front of goal beating us 2-1 , and overran a poor performing Wolves and scored a few winning 4-0 , or did we just make Arsenal and Wolves look poor ? .
One enforced change from the team that lost at Arsenal and that was Balbuena in for Diop , but the biggest change I could see on the pitch was the movement of our front three and how well Masuaku was getting down the left flank .
Even our back 3 looked solid .
So what does this all mean , have we become a much better side from the one that was so poor against NUFC , in my eyes we looked like we actually knew what we were doing .
Moyes appears to have got it tactically right , and the selection , only time will tell .
Though why he left it so late to bring on Haller we were cruising from the 75 minute , and why was Noble brought on for Bowen ? when we had Yarmalenko and Anderson on the bench .
Onwards and upwards hopefully , COYI . whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 am
But In that Line up/Set up would swap Anderson for Fornals ..all day long,he's a far better player.
Utter bollocks. ;)

On his day Anderson can be a match winner as he showed on occasions in his first season. But those days became very few and far between and he hasn't pulled up any trees when he's been brought on to try and gee things up. Fornals isn't a flashy player, and I know some people do love their show ponies, but his work ethic and ability to see openings makes him a must imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am Shite against NUFC losing 0-2 , did well against what looked a poor performing Arsenal who where more clinical in front of goal beating us 2-1 , and overran a poor performing Wolves and scored a few winning 4-0 , or did we just make Arsenal and Wolves look poor ? .
One enforced change from the team that lost at Arsenal and that was Balbuena in for Diop , but the biggest change I could see on the pitch was the movement of our front three and how well Masuaku was getting down the left flank .
So what does this all mean , have we become a much better side from the one that was so poor against NUFC , in my eyes we looked like we actually knew what we were doing .
Moyes appears to have got it tactically right , and the selection , only time will tell .
Though why he left it so late to bring on Haller we were cruising from the 75 minute , and why was Noble brought on for Bowen ? when we had Yarmalenko and Anderson on the bench .
Only reasons i can see for Nobel instead of anderson or Yarmelenko are A: A pat on the back B: Keeping a clean sheet, and the latter two arent renowned for defence or tracking back.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am Shite against NUFC losing 0-2 , did well against what looked a poor performing Arsenal who where more clinical in front of goal beating us 2-1 , and overran a poor performing Wolves and scored a few winning 4-0 , or did we just make Arsenal and Wolves look poor ? .
Only reasons i can see for Nobel instead of anderson or Yarmelenko are A: A pat on the back B: Keeping a clean sheet, and the latter two arent renowned for defence or tracking back.
A. a pat on the back , for what and Why ? B. To keep a clean sheet , so he sends on Noble on the 88 minute :? , Actually Anderson is quite adept at putting in the tackles and tracking back , not seen much of it lately but he is quite capable . ( Wouldn't have said Noble was a decent tackler or that spritely at tracking back either ) . so neither of the reasons you suggest actually convince me EJ .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
But In that Line up/Set up would swap Anderson for Fornals ..all day long,he's a far better player.
Utter bollocks. ;)

On his day Anderson can be a match winner as he showed on occasions in his first season. But those days became very few and far between and he hasn't pulled up any trees when he's been brought on to try and gee things up. Fornals isn't a flashy player, and I know some people do love their show ponies, but his work ethic and ability to see openings makes him a must imo.
We have to agree to disagree there mate...I like Fornals really do,and would love to work him into the team,
same as Lanza for that matter...But Anderson can do everthing Fornals can do but better and has that bit of Magic as well.
So Either or...theres only one....
But Moyes shares your view on it not mine...he's the boss...long as we win.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am

Utter bollocks. ;)

We have to agree to disagree there mate...I like Fornals really do,and would love to work him into the team,
same as Lanza for that matter...But Anderson can do everthing Fornals can do but better and has that bit of Magic as well.
Utter Bollocks............. :lol: :lol: been said to me a few times...usually politics tho.....

h69

Post by h69 »

Utter bollocks. ;)

Spot on. I think too many fans like players that look good (like Lanzini and Anderson) even if they have no end product but although Fornals shinned that chance over, he made two of the goals last night...again. He has a great eye for a pass and is in the team on merit.

No need to change.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am

Utter bollocks. ;)

I agree that Anderson CAN do those things but it is too rare to see him actually DO them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Worth a watch 😄
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am

A. a pat on the back , for what and Why ? B. To keep a clean sheet , so he sends on Noble on the 88 minute :? , Actually Anderson is quite adept at putting in the tackles and tracking back , not seen much of it lately but he is quite capable . ( Wouldn't have said Noble was a decent tackler or that spritely at tracking back either ) . so neither of the reasons you suggest actually convince me EJ .
Pat on the back for services rendered.....keep the little chappies interest on the boil, who knows?! i wouldnt even have him taking up someone elses space on the bench.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest