Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by Dagger »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:16 am
Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am crazy ant it

thought if they played Haller drop Fornals and play Antonio in his place we would be stronger
and that was after the wolves game

still think that team last night with Antonio and Haller switching around up top between them would be a handful
but you cant argue about Fornals effort last night or in previous games

whufc_crest
I don`t want to put a curse on it,but Antonio up front is less likely to get injured. On the wings he tends to sprint a lot more and gets tight or pulled hamstrings.Up front,he uses more his strenghth,rather than his pace.
fair point mate did get a few hamstring problems so best left alone

just really saying how differently everyone views a player, not knocking Fornals as said his 100% player

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 am

And looks to put in a lot of work pressing the opposition .
He does indeed. Whether he's any good at getting the ball back is another matter. Pressing is important in a team like ours.
Yep. Fornals can pick a pass, seems always to be involved in goals and works well with Soucek and Rice. A young player who is getting better each day he gets used to our league. I rate him pretty highly, he is one of the most creative players in the team because even though he is not as easy on the eye to watch as Lanzini and Anderson, he more often influences the game.

Bowen is also a great signing but he had an eye for goal for two or three seasons down in the champ not just one so not surprising he is starting to have an impact

As for Antonio, if you read the Wolves forum for a laugh, he is the only player they mention as he bullied Conor Coady last night.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:02 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am

He does indeed. Whether he's any good at getting the ball back is another matter. Pressing is important in a team like ours.
Yep. Fornals can pick a pass, seems always to be involved in goals and works well with Soucek and Rice. A young player who is getting better each day he gets used to our league. I rate him pretty highly, he is one of the most creative players in the team because even though he is not as easy on the eye to watch as Lanzini and Anderson, he more often influences the game.

Bowen is also a great signing but he had an eye for goal for two or three seasons down in the champ not just one so not surprising he is starting to have an impact

As for Antonio, if you read the Wolves forum for a laugh, he is the only player they mention as he bullied Conor Coady last night.
Antonio will scare any defence with his power and pace. Without him we're much much easier to defend against.
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Antonio will scare any defence with his power and pace. Without him we're much much easier to defend against.
Though I am not a fan of Antonio as a striker ( just do not think he can get us the goals consistently ) his work rate , power and pace are what worries opponents ( I see that now ) . What was going to make the difference in our attack was how well the fullbacks could get down the line , and how well Fornals , Bowen and Soucek could get into attacking areas to support him . That happened yesterday against Wolves , we don't actually need Antonio to be scoring the goals if those around him can .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Though I am not a fan of Antonio as a striker ( just do not think he can get us the goals consistently ) his work rate , power and pace are what worries opponents ( I see that now ) . What was going to make the difference in our attack was how well the fullbacks could get down the line , and how well Fornals , Bowen and Soucek could get into attacking areas to support him . That happened yesterday against Wolves , we don't actually need Antonio to be scoring the goals if those around him can .
He is almost like a decoy and takes so much defending against that it leaves the others with more room. The mark of a good player.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:08 pm

He is almost like a decoy and takes so much defending against that it leaves the others with more room. The mark of a good player.
You boys are right. Imagine if Antonio played on the left with a proper goalscorer up top. That could be the winning combo
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:26 pm

You boys are right. Imagine if Antonio played on the left with a proper goalscorer up top. That could be the winning combo
Yeah but I think Terry is right though. Antonio up front seems to mean he gets injured less. His build means the constant wing play wears him down.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Good analysis - he has the effect of smuggling goals into the team

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm always amazed at how players are valued. Imo Antonio is very limited technically but he's as stroing as an ox and if I was a central defender I'd hate to play against the bloke. Even his un[predictability can be an asset. After all how can a defender expect to know what he's going to do when he probably doesn't even know himself.

But back to values. Antonio is limited but, imo, offers so much to the team in his current role. He offers a hell of a lot more than the last limited lump, Andy Carroll, we had up front. Yet Carroll was valued, at what is laughably called his peak, in tens of millions whilst Antonio would probably fetch what in today's market ? Even £10 million would be seen as an optimistic ask for him.

It's the same with Rice. I know they play in different positions but if Harry Maguire is worth £70 million what should Rice be valued at ? Don't get it at all tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

And yet another catch 22 thing....Bowens been really impressive,could well go down as one of our best buys since Devo..... :lol:
But...he keeps Yarmo out,who I rate just as highly...
I can't put a team together where they both get in...Mainly cos the strongest team for me Has Mickey,Haller and Anderson
Starting.
Even with Moysies set up/approach can't get em both in.

Personal note,have a feeling in 15/20 years time we might be looking back on Soucek as our next "Legend"
Seems to tick all the boxes...can't really think of a player we've ever had like him...Kouyate maybe.
Doubt very much Declan will be around long enough to achieve that...but you never know..