Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Clayton »

West Ham are in talks to sign 28 year old Slavia Prague right-back Vladimir Coufal . Is this what Moyes classes as young and hungry ? .
https://www.hammers.news/club-news/repo ... mers-move/

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 pm West Ham are in talks to sign 28 year old Slavia Prague right-back Vladimir Coufal . Is this what Moyes classes as young and hungry ? .
Recommended by Soucek,fine by me.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 pm West Ham are in talks to sign 28 year old Slavia Prague right-back Vladimir Coufal . Is this what Moyes classes as young and hungry ? .
Blimey this one was doing the rounds 2 months ago .

That is one hell of a dither...
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:36 pm You think Snodgrass is a perfectly good squad player ? in what position would that be ? .
Yes, absolutely as he has proved time and time again, whether it 's playing central or out wide

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 pm Is this what Moyes classes as young and hungry ? .
He didn't say that EVERY signing would be 'young and hungry', he outlined that as his ideal scenario and what he wants this club to become.

Logically, if you think it through, you need a solid base to start as he rightly said that some of these youngsters are not ready to go straight into the squad/team. So, if you have a gap where you need experience, you fill it with experience not a youngster who's not ready.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:36 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:01 pm
In your scenario, the club will view it as an adjustment not a disaster.

Lose a CB and they will move Rice

Lose Rice or/and Soucek and they will use Cullen/Noble or both or even draft in Snodgrass

The obvious risk here, is you invest £30M in the transfer market and then David Moyes leaves him on the bench and then perfectly good squad players like Cullen or Snodgrass are left out the match day squad entirely.

Which is fine if your a stubborn old sod like our manager but not so good when you have a load of unused assets on the payroll, contributing fuck all.

So it all comes down to trust and good faith and I doubt there is much there in both directions.
You think Snodgrass is a perfectly good squad player ? in what position would that be ? . As for Cullen he hasn't even proved yet he is even capable of being a backup for whatever position he is suppose to fill .
Pretty sure I would not want Noble or Snodgrass covering for either of Rice or Soucek , Cullen to a lesser degree but in reality we do not even know if he is up to the job . We need a perfectly good backup DM and we do not have one . Think Moyes must think they are adequate though .
Moyes has said he will only bring in players who get to start , he doesn't want players brought in to sit on the bench .
I think Snoddy is a perfectly good squad player and should be ahead of certain players every time. 2019-20 season: 5 assists (only Fornals had as many) 5 goals (only 2 players had more Antonio and Haller ) plus several chances created from very few opportunities. I'm afraid he is one of the players that some criticize to deflect blame from others but the stats show otherwise and they back up what I see. Hard facts are all that matter in this league.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:55 pm

You think Snodgrass is a perfectly good squad player ? in what position would that be ? . As for Cullen he hasn't even proved yet he is even capable of being a backup for whatever position he is suppose to fill .
Pretty sure I would not want Noble or Snodgrass covering for either of Rice or Soucek , Cullen to a lesser degree but in reality we do not even know if he is up to the job . We need a perfectly good backup DM and we do not have one . Think Moyes must think they are adequate though .
Moyes has said he will only bring in players who get to start , he doesn't want players brought in to sit on the bench .
I think Snoddy is a perfectly good squad player and should be ahead of certain players every time. 2019-20 season: 5 assists (only Fornals had as many) 5 goals (only 2 players had more Antonio and Haller ) plus several chances created from very few opportunities. I'm afraid he is one of the players that some criticize to deflect blame from others but the stats show otherwise and they back up what I see. Hard facts are all that matter in this league.
Hear,hear.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Hear,hear.
Thirded.

Scottish footballers lives matter !!
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Blimey this one was doing the rounds 2 months ago .

That is one hell of a dither...
Thought that was Lukas Masopust the Right-sided midfielder .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ok fair comment , but when has he done it in the league of late ?