And that was that

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: And that was that

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:02 pm
9898 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15 am Happy we signed no player yesterday as it became obvious they were just looking for 'fan pleasers' and not players to progress the team.
Better to save the money, or, as I think will happen, buy one or two Championship players who may progress the team.
Sick of these useless lumps like Diop being signed and touted as potential stars.
Anyone plucked from the chumps now will come knowing we only want them cos nobody decent would come .

Personally I’d rather struggle through with what we have rather than buy Craig fucking Dawson or similar.
To be honest, I dont have an issue with Championship players as long as they add to the team. I like Bowen and I like Antonio.

Its important that any player fits into the way we play unless we buy them to sit on the bench to come on and utilise a Plan B. If a player fits a philosophy he is more likely to settle in quickly rather than a player who may be better on paper that does not fit at all. I am sure that is where Pellegrini went wrong with us.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:07 am All done from a Covid affected business perspective..other words cost cutting...ball park figure,they've put/saved
as things stand with saved wages and transfer profits, 25/30 mill in to the coffers... so far...somewere... :?
We can have an Educated guess where it'll filter it's way to.

Everytime we appear to be turning a small corner...they fuck it up...thing is now it's not in their control anymore,
We had 15 fuckin CBs turn us down....15....and we pay top money...you have to ask yourselves why...they're not liked
or respected in the footie world...they are hindering our Club...it's shambles...nothing less.
And when I say they..I mean US now, the Club..so obvious now, a players hears.."Oh West Ham are looking at you"....
"Let em Fuckin look"..... :lol: :lol:

Chelsea 5/6 chioce CH blows us out...yeah like he was ever gonna come...Cheats aren't called the Cheats for Nothing..
just a Piss Take to fuck us up...pulled out 10 mins left..they must be pissing themselves..."Silly Fuckers believe anything"... :lol:

Every Single person with any football Knowledge/Interest,from "Experts"...media.. ex players/Managers...so on
Fans Forums,such as this.. Knows that a defensive MF back up was imperative for us..don't think we even looked in
that area..indeed let Cullen go who could have filled in OK for 2/3 games if someone got a knock,now we just have
Nobes..who admits himself he struggles playing every game now.

Not quite Harrys "Bare Bones"...but close...we shouldn't be that way FFS....

Anyway I'm off to Support Porto....don't care what the Majority say...fuckin good player..who they... Moyes especially
fucked up,drove him out...putting him on for 2/3 mins....fuckin piss take...so obvious...

Lazy Player..... my fuckin Arse he was.... :lol:
Cant believe people still rate Anderson. Horses for courses I suppose but was he really playing better than Bowen or Antonio ? Hats off to this manager who dropped him because his performances were shit rather than played him because he cost a lot.

Price tag and potential mean shit. Antonio cost fuck all and is the top scorer in the Prem since Lockdown with 10 in 11 games. Anderson had one or two decent games in two seasons....even Etherington had more than that !!!

Just my opinion.
"Cant believe people still rate Anderson". Why not ? You blaming him for the Everton game ? The attack actually did quite well and created chances and caused problems. We were let down badly by an insipid midfield ,I'll excuse Snoddy who was played out of position but did at least contribute. When you see our captain take the field sometime in the future I think you'll soon rue the decision to let Anderson go. And in case you have forgotten he was one of the players if not the main reason we avoided relegation a couple of years ago. It's all about opinions but as far as I'm concerned he's been fucked about by a manager who has proven he doesn't know how employ more talented players.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:29 pm

"Cant believe people still rate Anderson". Why not ? You blaming him for the Everton game ? The attack actually did quite well and created chances and caused problems. We were let down badly by an insipid midfield ,I'll excuse Snoddy who was played out of position but did at least contribute. When you see our captain take the field sometime in the future I think you'll soon rue the decision to let Anderson go. And in case you have forgotten he was one of the players if not the main reason we avoided relegation a couple of years ago. It's all about opinions but as far as I'm concerned he's been fucked about by a manager who has proven he doesn't know how employ more talented players.
goodpost:)

h69

Post by h69 »

h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 am

Cant believe people still rate Anderson. Horses for courses I suppose but was he really playing better than Bowen or Antonio ? Hats off to this manager who dropped him because his performances were shit rather than played him because he cost a lot.

Price tag and potential mean shit. Antonio cost fuck all and is the top scorer in the Prem since Lockdown with 10 in 11 games. Anderson had one or two decent games in two seasons....even Etherington had more than that !!!

Just my opinion.
No, I'm not specifically blaming him for the Everton game. I did not watch all of it but the parts I watched he did nothing wrong.....actually, he did very little at all for a £35m footballer.

I am more basing my opinion on his whole time with us. I can only remember a handful of games that he really took by the scruff of the neck (Newcastle away and Southampton Away plus a couple of home ones I cannot remember who the oppo was) and very few in the last year.

I don't think he is shit or even lazy but more often enough, I barely notice him....if he cost 800K I could deal with that but for 35m I expect more.

Truth is in my opinion, he was dropped for players that make a bigger positive difference to the team and that is the way it should be in my book.

i even think Masuaku has been playing as a better winger than Anderson recently so Anderson deserves to be on the bench. He can try and play his way in like Balbuena has done now (I assume he will keep his place) or he can be sold as if he is as good as you think, we should get many offers.

I doubt it is a straight swap between Noble and Anderson anyway. I would imagine that Souček, Rice and Fornals are keeping Noble out of the side at present. Anderson would have to displace either Bowen, Masuaku or Antonio.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

h69 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm

No, I'm not specifically blaming him for the Everton game. I did not watch all of it but the parts I watched he did nothing wrong.....actually, he did very little at all for a £35m footballer.

I am more basing my opinion on his whole time with us. I can only remember a handful of games that he really took by the scruff of the neck (Newcastle away and Southampton Away plus a couple of home ones I cannot remember who the oppo was) and very few in the last year.

I don't think he is shit or even lazy but more often enough, I barely notice him....if he cost 800K I could deal with that but for 35m I expect more.

Truth is in my opinion, he was dropped for players that make a bigger positive difference to the team and that is the way it should be in my book.

i even think Masuaku has been playing as a better winger than Anderson recently so Anderson deserves to be on the bench. He can try and play his way in like Balbuena has done now (I assume he will keep his place) or he can be sold as if he is as good as you think, we should get many offers.

I doubt it is a straight swap between Noble and Anderson anyway. I would imagine that Souček, Rice and Fornals are keeping Noble out of the side at present. Anderson would have to displace either Bowen, Masuaku or Antonio.
How often has he had the luxury of playing with a midfield of Rice, Soucek and Fornals ? Never I think.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:02 pm

Anyone plucked from the chumps now will come knowing we only want them cos nobody decent would come .

Personally I’d rather struggle through with what we have rather than buy Craig fucking Dawson or similar.
At present the squad size is 21 players, if Anderson leaves on loan that takes us to 20.....(including 3 goalkeepers), of which nine are 30 or over...if we bring in Dawson it would make 10 over 30......and wasn't it Dawson who has been relegated twice in the last 2 years with Watford and WBA... hardly the recommendation to sure up our defense from a serial relegation candidate

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It's not about showboating...it's about being effective...Soucek is effective...Rice is effective...so can a little flick, a step
over, a dummy be effective..you need everything in your side,if you wanna be successful.....
you need your Brookings and Devos along side your Bonzos and Martins...thats what makes a team...
Grafters/Tough Tacklers and the Playmakers knitting together....you're to heavy one way or the other,you become a
mid table side,with the occassional relegation battle,gotta find that nice little balance.
Thats where the Manager comes in...he puts the team together...some Managers are to defensive,some try and
play clever football,with no bite in the side.
We've been both over the years...we've never found the Balance...maybe a couple times we've touched on it...
we know which teams and when.
Take Man City..all the Class they have...Dirty bunch of clinical fucks when they need to be...you need both sides.

My take is Anderson just hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip...he just doesn't play under Moyes...
And all this coming on for 3-4-5 mins now and again piss take....Andersons a better man than me cos I would tell Moyes
where to get off....maybe he has..... :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Tbh wouldn’t bother me if we got Dawson an old school no nonsense centre half
Diop back soon
Ogbog and Balbuena doing ok
That kid meant to be ok can’t think of his fucking name
Maybe a chumps left back.

Not all gloom and doom.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm It's not about showboating...it's about being effective...Soucek is effective...Rice is effective...so can a little flick, a step
over, a dummy be effective..you need everything in your side,if you wanna be successful.....
you need your Brookings and Devos along side your Bonzos and Martins...thats what makes a team...
Grafters/Tough Tacklers and the Playmakers knitting together....you're to heavy one way or the other,you become a
mid table side,with the occassional relegation battle,gotta find that nice little balance.
Thats where the Manager comes in...he puts the team together...some Managers are to defensive,some try and
We've been both over the years...we've never found the Balance...maybe a couple times we've touched on it...
Take Man City..all the Class they have...Dirty bunch of clinical fucks when they need to be...you need both sides.

My take is Anderson just hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip...he just doesn't play under Moyes...
And all this coming on for 3-4-5 mins now and again piss take....Andersons a better man than me cos I would tell Moyes
Personally I’m glad to see the back of the mincing cunt.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:26 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm It's not about showboating...it's about being effective...Soucek is effective...Rice is effective...so can a little flick, a step

Personally I’m glad to see the back of the mincing cunt.
Don't Mince your words Dwayne...say what you feel..... :lol: