Ben Rahma

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Ben Rahma

Post by hd1 »

It should be announced later this morning

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am
Hammertime wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Probably the same people that reported he'd failed his medical!
Yes. There are a section of our fans (and indeed a section in society in general) that put out false stories....the failed medical, the Josh King huge salary demands. Who knows why they do it ? To enhance their agenda against the club, to get themselves in the limelight and make themselves feel famous. Each to their own but in my opinion they are sad fuckers.
Unfortunately sometimes the media pick those stories up and it generates a lot of unrest. Kaveh Solekhol on Sky is quite famous for doing so as is that Italian journo that is always tweeting about us.

I think it is sad that people go to such lengths as to create fake accounts to promote stuff like this to get their 15 mins but it is one of the downsides of social media.
The sadder thing is that there are so many who regard those rumours and innuendos as fact. I suppose the sad fuckers, an apt description, are guaranteed to occasionally call one right if they put out enough rumours.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:52 am

Yes. There are a section of our fans (and indeed a section in society in general) that put out false stories....the failed medical, the Josh King huge salary demands. Who knows why they do it ? To enhance their agenda against the club, to get themselves in the limelight and make themselves feel famous. Each to their own but in my opinion they are sad fuckers.
Unfortunately sometimes the media pick those stories up and it generates a lot of unrest. Kaveh Solekhol on Sky is quite famous for doing so as is that Italian journo that is always tweeting about us.

I think it is sad that people go to such lengths as to create fake accounts to promote stuff like this to get their 15 mins but it is one of the downsides of social media.
The sadder thing is that there are so many who regard those rumours and innuendos as fact. I suppose the sad fuckers, an apt description, are guaranteed to occasionally call one right if they put out enough rumours.
Thats true indeed but they don't have to get it right to get their moment in the sun and get people melting down. Its all about followers I guess.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:52 am

..... and here is why my interest in the transfer window is limited to the “done deal” story on the official site.
Anything else up until that point, for me is just noise.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:27 pm Douglas Bader would pass our medical.
And still put better crosses in.

Had to edit. Thats if he's on the wing. Might struggle in midfield but at least he'd have gave 100%.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Just spotted driving north fucking quickly to Villa Park.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

https://www.claretandhugh.info/report-b ... s-medical/

So what we are going to do? :roll: :roll:

another Wilshiere?
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I should have lumped on at 66/1 :lol:

I mean, how is it even possible for a player to fail a medical at West Ham ?

We signed Carroll and Wilshire ffs !!

No, this stinks. Really badly. If I didn't know better I'd say the midget cunt had no inclination of signing him for that amount at all. Putting the parameters so high for passing the medical that it was impossible to pass. He may I suppose be asking Brentford to halve the price.

And mysteriously the news breaks that late a deal for Josh King is off the table.

Laughing stock doesn't cover it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I was not very impressed with him in the play off final.

Having said that, I spoke to a friend that apparently watched quite a bit of Championship football last season and he assured me that I would be pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

If I am not mistaken he is a right sided player. Is that correct? If so, I assume he will be competing with Bowen and Yarmolenko for the right sided midfield/winger position.
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:51 pm I was not very impressed with him in the play off final.

Having said that, I spoke to a friend that apparently watched quite a bit of Championship football last season and he assured me that I would be pleasantly surprised. Time will tell.

If I am not mistaken he is a right sided player. Is that correct? If so, I assume he will be competing with Bowen and Yarmolenko for the right sided midfield/winger position.
Yes, I too wasn't over impressed with him in the Play-off final, which was the only game I've ever seen him play.

But whether or not you think he'd fit in, and many do, for this to go tits up now will have a worse psychological effect than if we were never in for him in the first place. He played 38 league games last season for Brentford.

I don't buy it. And why leave it so late ?

Supposedly in for King now.....absolute tosh as It's too late. And his injury record is poor. If Benrahma can fail, what would King do, even if there is any substance to it.

What better way to get all the critics off your back for a breather than tell the world and his wife we're bidding a large fee for the Championship's best player ? With the fall-back option of saying 'we did try'.

I loathe that little cunt with a passion.