Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:42 pm Our last two results, in games which I predicted we would lose, have been excellent. So not wishing to tempt fate I will again be the voice of doom and gloom.

Tottenham have better players than us in most areas of the field. They have a manager who, unlike Brenda in the Leicester game, has the tactical nous to make changes if the system he starts with isn't working. If Spurs play Sanchez we could get some joy with Antonio's physical approach, and the Rice/Soucek combination can compete with Spurs.

But I'm afraid overall I can only see a Spurs win. As I said I'm not going to tempt fate. Realistically I would pinch myself to check I was awake if we won, go out for several beers (oh wait a minute, fuck you Boris) if we won. But I expect something like a 3-1 loss.

But at least after this game, and the ones against Man City and Liverpool I might become more optimistic. ;)
I agree with you mate.

We are 4/1 to win the game.They have better players,but if Moyes get`s it tactically right,we can win it..Would be fantastic if we did though.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

A couple of years ago I’d have said this is the one fixture to play Noble in .
Now though it mustn’t be allowed to happen .

Strangely , in keeping with his Dino-management, I fear the bug eyed one will go with the former .

He must have been racking his manky Scottish brain for weeks trying to justify bringing our captain back for this .

I fear he will.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:35 pm A couple of years ago I’d have said this is the one fixture to play Noble in .

Strangely , in keeping with his Dino-management, I fear the bug eyed one will go with the former .

He must have been racking his manky Scottish brain for weeks trying to justify bringing our captain back for this .

I fear he will.
Would be a ludicrous move. I expect him to resist the temptation and name an unchanged team tbh. To do otherwise would risk him losing what goodwill he has gained from the last 2 results.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Does anyone think old strange features, will get a 5 mins cameo at Tottenham and show everybody he's arrived ?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:35 pm A couple of years ago I’d have said this is the one fixture to play Noble in .

I fear he will.
Two excellent performances against very good teams,that we were totally in control of.

It would be total suicide to bring him back.

Though I do remember a similar scenario under BFS,when we were 3rd in the PL and Nolan and Carroll had been out injured for a few months..He brought them back for our Christmas fixtures and we only won 3 from 21 more game the rest of the season.

I think it pissed the rest of the players right off.

Hopes Moyes don`t do anything stupid,like turn up? :lol: :lol:

I say lock Moyes up in a shed for the game and leave to the tried and trusted crew on the touchline. :D

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:35 pm

I fear he will.
Two excellent performances against very good teams,that we were totally in control of.

It would be total suicide to bring him back.

Though I do remember a similar scenario under BFS,when we were 3rd in the PL and Nolan and Carroll had been out injured for a few months..He brought them back for our Christmas fixtures and we only won 3 from 21 more game the rest of the season.

I think it pissed the rest of the players right off.

Hopes Moyes don`t do anything stupid,like turn up? :lol: :lol:

I say lock Moyes up in a shed for the game and leave to the tried and trusted crew on the touchline. :D
Lock him in a shed with Gonzo - reminds me of Arthur two-sheds Jackson

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm Does anyone think old strange features, will get a 5 mins cameo at Tottenham and show everybody he's arrived ?
Of course ,old Maureens ordered extra peanuts for the ugly cunt to catch.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:23 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm Does anyone think old strange features, will get a 5 mins cameo at Tottenham and show everybody he's arrived ?
Of course ,old Maureens ordered extra peanuts for the ugly cunt to catch.
Last 30 minutes. To a rousing reception -----oh, hang on a minute.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

I've got a funny feeling in my piss that we will win this one......or it could be I've got a dose, guess ill find out this weekend ;)
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"