Struggling to do this for much longer

Chat about anything football related here!

Struggling to do this for much longer

Post by 9898 »

Watching David Moyes West Ham.

10 players revert to the defensive third when the opposition have possession.
Aim to suffocate the opposition.
Aim before every game is 0 - 0 with the hope of nicking a goal.
6'4 MIDFIELDER lumbering around the pitch.
Neutrals would not watch us and would say we are the most negative team in the PL.
Buys the Championship top scorer and turns him into a hard working midfielder.
Turned into a more negative team than Burnley.
No intention of integrating any footballers.
Manages with more fear than any other manager.

Horrible, turgid football with the hope of finishing 17th.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Re: Struggling to do this for much longer

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 pm Watching David Moyes West Ham.

10 players revert to the defensive third when the opposition have possession.
Aim to suffocate the opposition.
Aim before every game is 0 - 0 with the hope of nicking a goal.
6'4 MIDFIELDER lumbering around the pitch.
Neutrals would not watch us and would say we are the most negative team in the PL.
Buys the Championship top scorer and turns him into a hard working midfielder.
Turned into a more negative team than Burnley.
No intention of integrating any footballers.
Manages with more fear than any other manager.

Horrible, turgid football with the hope of finishing 17th.
Good, hurry up and fuck off then.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

One thing I will agree with you,Moyes can be negative at times.He could definitely be a bit more expansive with his Football,especially,when we are playing weaker opposition.

However,you cannot say,we are the most negative team in the PL..THAT IS BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT.

We are nearly averaging 2 goals a game and we have played 6 of the Top 7 last year in just 7 games.

Though without Antonio,he has to sort that big problem out.If he don`t,then things could go down hill quickly for us and him.He needs a few Plan B & C,not just Plan A.

Towie

Post by Towie »

The games against Citeh 2nd half & Liverpool I agree.
Don’t want to watch my team camped on our 18yd box, can understand why he does it, just don’t like it.

But the games against Arse, Leicester, Wolves & Spuds you can hardly describe as turgid. It was a display of good counter attacking football. Also Spuds games we largely controlled the 2nd half and they were the team counter attacking.

Another woeful attempt of fishing by Numbnuts.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:43 am The games against Citeh 2nd half & Liverpool I agree.
Don’t want to watch my team camped on our 18yd box, can understand why he does it, just don’t like it.

But the games against Arse, Leicester, Wolves & Spuds you can hardly describe as turgid. It was a display of good counter attacking football. Also Spuds games we largely controlled the 2nd half and they were the team counter attacking.

:D :D
So, the Spurs result wasn't entirely down to the fact that Spurs took their foot off the peddle when 3 - 0 up?
I suggest you go back and watch the other games again.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 pm One thing I will agree with you,Moyes can be negative at times.He could definitely be a bit more expansive with his Football,especially,when we are playing weaker opposition.

However,you cannot say,we are the most negative team in the PL..THAT IS BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT.

We are nearly averaging 2 goals a game and we have played 6 of the Top 7 last year in just 7 games.

Though without Antonio,he has to sort that big problem out.If he don`t,then things could go down hill quickly for us and him.He needs a few Plan B & C,not just Plan A.
Do not quote stats but answer this question.
Are we playing attacking football?
Actually, are we playing semi attractive football?

Before you answer, bare in mind that Soucek came out yesterday and said we need to be more attacking.

The other question is how will these tactics fair when the 'proper' football returns and this pretend stuff ends.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Don't like it troll boy. Don't watch it. Simple.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

numbskull has been de-malfunction and still smarting from our famous fight back against Spivs.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:28 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 pm One thing I will agree with you,Moyes can be negative at times.He could definitely be a bit more expansive with his Football,especially,when we are playing weaker opposition.

Do not quote stats but answer this question.
Are we playing attacking football?
Actually, are we playing semi attractive football?

Before you answer, bare in mind that Soucek came out yesterday and said we need to be more attacking.

The other question is how will these tactics fair when the 'proper' football returns and this pretend stuff ends.
So you think that we played boring Football at Leicester and home to Wolves?And they are both very good teams too.I have been supporting West Ham for nearly 50 years and I'd say them 2 performances were up there with some of the best at least this century..We wasn`t lucky,we thoroughly deserved them..Yes,we have had some decent results in the past 20 years,but most of them,we rode our luck to get them.These 2 we didn`t.

Liverpool and City have dominated for the past few years in the PL..I don't think it`s a great idea to go gung ho against these,because they will simply destroy you.Let`s look at the positives,we got a point v City instead of losing by our usual 4 or 5.

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Aren`t we all on a level playing field?We are in the same boat?

Explain?

See the difference between you and a lot of our fellow posters on here,we see both sides of things..The negatives and the positives..You only like to look at one side.I don`t mind a bit of Devils Advocate,but you are just so damning about everything.

When you take everything into consideration with GSB and their poor running of the club in general,you have to congratulate Moyes and his staff on the job his doing.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:25 am
Towie wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:43 am The games against Citeh 2nd half & Liverpool I agree.

:D :D
So, the Spurs result wasn't entirely down to the fact that Spurs took their foot off the peddle when 3 - 0 up?
I suggest you go back and watch the other games again.
So you agree West Ham controlled second half vs your team Spuds. Whether they took foot of gas or not 2nd half was controlled by us.

Prick.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.