West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

think his playing attaciing football

under Allardyce we would have shut shop at half time
put on Noble and anyone else that can defend hooked Haller and one of the other attacking players

I personally would rather lose trying to win than win playing to defend if you know what I mean

must admit I think Fornals should have been replaced with Noble (Gasp) as we needed the hole to be plugged as you could see it even via the box

whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I'm hoping it was a lesson learnt the other night in how to kill off teams, but having said that Utd looked a different team when They brought on Fernandes and Rashford.
I think it says something about us that we played really really well against them for 60 odd mins and we are disappointed we didn't win.
Solksjaer is in fucking cuckoo land if he's happy with their performance, if that was against Liverpool it would have been about 5-6 nil and over by halftime.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:43 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 pm

A steady top 8 side , why ? , what about winning something , what about attractive attacking football ( not every team loses that play it ) . What exactly did Moyes achieve at Everton apart from mediocracy , he didn't win anything , he got into europe a few times but even Bilic managed that , he got to the final of one F.A cup in eleven years of management at Everton and couldn't even win that .
Don't get me wrong I do not see our owners bringing anything to the table like they promised so Moyes is more then likely the best of a average bunch looking for a job we could hope to get .
Do I want to see him fail , certainly not , and I hope he gets the backing from GSB as Pellegrini ( another poor decision by our owners ) got , so he can at least attempt to build a team in his image , and then if it goes pear shaped it will be down to his decisions and his alone .
So let's ask you a very basic question. Who would you like to see appointed as our manager ? You say Pellegrini was a poor decision and perhaps it proved to be. But there were a great many, I was one of them,, who thought his appointment was a good one bearing in mind his achievements with two Spanish clubs probably regarded in Spain as about the same level as we are here in England. The highest profile manager we have had was Allardyce and we know how popular he was do we not ?

It would be very nice if we , as a club, had sufficient stature in the game to be able to go out and persuade someone like Pochettino to sign a long term deal but we can't. Our ownership's reputation, as well as the club's history of underachievement, is a barrier to the appointment of any manager other than those who, like Moyes, probably see West Ham as as good as it gets for them.

I wasn't exactly over the moon when Moyes was appointed. But I like to think I am realistic enough to realise he is as good as it's likely to get. And bearing in mind the idiots in charge gave us Avram Grant, Moyes is probably better than we have a right to expect under the present regime.
As I said above " , I do not see our owners bringing anything to the table like they promised so Moyes is more then likely the best of a average bunch looking for a job we could hope to get .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:19 am

Yeah get what your saying Towie...we have no real creativity....what we do will get us 8/9th maybe but any higher,
you need more...but we're not an ugly side to watch.....Dec,Bowen,Micky.Yarmo,Lanza,Arthur,Oggy,Ben now hopefully,
are all good to watch,and we do play some nice stuff at times...not gonna set the world alight,but ok.
He must have hopefully anyway,an Idea of expanding a bit,he brought Ben in..

All I'm getting at is he's doing what needed to be done...get us like Everton were...still are.... :lol: a steady top 8 side,
occasional Euro footie,where maybe players wanna come,and build on that....year or two our owners jack,new owners
and ..Thanks Dave...a new younger Manager....Gerard for me at moment...
A steady top 8 side , why ? , what about winning something , what about attractive attacking football ( not every team loses that play it ) . What exactly did Moyes achieve at Everton apart from mediocracy , he didn't win anything , he got into europe a few times but even Bilic managed that , he got to the final of one F.A cup in eleven years of management at Everton and couldn't even win that .
Don't get me wrong I do not see our owners bringing anything to the table like they promised so Moyes is more then likely the best of a average bunch looking for a job we could hope to get .
Do I want to see him fail , certainly not , and I hope he gets the backing from GSB as Pellegrini ( another poor decision by our owners ) got , so he can at least attempt to build a team in his image , and then if it goes pear shaped it will be down to his decisions and his alone .
Like I said..I don't want us to Stay an average top 8 side...just get us there...say maybe a 7/8th this year a 6th place
Euro quali next year,also might be just enough to keep Declan happy,and more likely to get better quality players in...
Basically do a Spuds..........start getting treated seriously,so managers and players want to come...
Hopefully an exciting younger manager...
So my idea...and pipe dream.... :lol:
That Happens....18 months 2 years time our owners fuckin retire...new owners get someone like Gerard in, we have him
for a couple years before he replaces Klomp in Scouseland...not sure theres room for another Spud,but maybe a Leicester,
being able to mix it in top 6.

Sugo had their throw of the dice with Peller,in trying to be proper owners...they've now gone ..Fuck that for a game
of soldiers...can shove that investing lark...so like we all know...everything depends on them doing the off.

But and here it is again...the Catch 22...we start moving up table bit of Euro footie....Pressure off Sugo and they hang
around for longer.

So end of the day..........................I don't have a fuckin clue............ :lol:

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

If you seriously think a slowcoach like Nobes can plug any holes you are living in cloud cuckoo land. He didn't plug any against Villa but we got lucky by a disallowed goal that we would have been livid if we had been on the wrong end of that decision.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dagger wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm think his playing attaciing football

put on Noble and anyone else that can defend hooked Haller and one of the other attacking players

I personally would rather lose trying to win than win playing to defend if you know what I mean

must admit I think Fornals should have been replaced with Noble (Gasp) as we needed the hole to be plugged as you could see it even via the box

whufc_crest
Nobles for Fornals that would have made a change as Moyes usually does that to Bowen but that is usually with 2 minutes plus extra time to go , but what exactly would Noble of done that Fornals couldn't with Moyes tactics ? .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm think his playing attaciing football

whufc_crest
The problem wouldn't have been solved by replacing anybody with Noble, although he was the only recognised midfielder, unless we call Benrahma a midfielder, on the bench. When Fernandes came on , followed very soon by Mata, we were always going to be overwhelmed in midfield. So imo taking off Fornals, a midfield player, and Bowen, a striker but also someone who does his share of tracking back we took off two of the hardest working players in the side. And we brought on Benrahma and Lanzini. See the problem ? ;)

The fact that Noble was the only midfield option sums up the weakness we have in those positions imo..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

"but what exactly would Noble of done". Could have just left it at that. :lol: :lol: :lol: . But of course "he's one of us". Wish someone would tell the opposition. Don't worry Moyes will slot him in against WBA whenever that is. When someone isn't good enough it's no good waiting a few weeks and then kidding yourself he suddenly is.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:43 pm

So let's ask you a very basic question. Who would you like to see appointed as our manager ? You say Pellegrini was a poor decision and perhaps it proved to be. But there were a great many, I was one of them,, who thought his appointment was a good one bearing in mind his achievements with two Spanish clubs probably regarded in Spain as about the same level as we are here in England. The highest profile manager we have had was Allardyce and we know how popular he was do we not ?

It would be very nice if we , as a club, had sufficient stature in the game to be able to go out and persuade someone like Pochettino to sign a long term deal but we can't. Our ownership's reputation, as well as the club's history of underachievement, is a barrier to the appointment of any manager other than those who, like Moyes, probably see West Ham as as good as it gets for them.

I wasn't exactly over the moon when Moyes was appointed. But I like to think I am realistic enough to realise he is as good as it's likely to get. And bearing in mind the idiots in charge gave us Avram Grant, Moyes is probably better than we have a right to expect under the present regime.
As I said above " , I do not see our owners bringing anything to the table like they promised so Moyes is more then likely the best of a average bunch looking for a job we could hope to get .
I entirely agree with your assessment of the ownership. But even with new owners, unless we get bought by a sovereign state, like Man City, with money to burn and the promise of millions to splash out in the transfer market, we aren't likely to attract better, are we ? West Ham doesn't have a high enough profile to have up and coming coaches like Julian Nagelsmann or Diego Martinez knocking on our door.

I'm surprised our South American correspondent, yes that's you Andy out in Brazil, hasn't been pushing the credentials of one Argel Fucks. No, that isn't a typo. Apparently he is available having been sacked from his last job after only a few days in the job. He might not be any bloody good but , boy, what a headline writer's dream. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

I don't want Noble near the first team or on the bench but to just sit in front of the defence and stop fernandes just doing what he wants is well within in him for 20 mins and who else would do that job from the bench, maybe Snodgrass

think we should have better on the bench but we have not (defending wise) unless you put Lawson on and that would not have been that bad a call just to hold what we had at least he would not charge forward, watch the game again and where the fuck was our defensive midfield

not popping at them as happy to see gun ho fottie but when you do that you get caught

but I say again I'm not that upset as we played well for a long period of the game IF is a big word but IF we had taken our chances we would have put it to bed before half time simple but we didn't