Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

goodpost:)
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:51 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent..

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

What needs to happen before some of you guys get it...
You'll do ANYTHING to protect them Tories MK. ;)
I've questioned the Government right thru this and what it's doing...use of Nightingales,Vaccine roll out...Stats they
put out....doesn't mean I'm right in what I would have done differently..

But when people say it's deliberate scaremongering...that I'm afraid is the biggest load of ballshit i've ever heard mate..
Makes absolutely no sense...and no one is backing up,why they would do it...to deliberately ruin the Economy,
goes totally against everything they stand for...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am

I didn't bring the 1918 thing up was a reply to BD....I suggested that if Spanish Flu was the problem now instead of covid
we would take the precautions and do pretty much the same thing we're doing now in preventing it because we have
the Knowledge etc now...and less would have died...

Third time put these figures up...they're out there for everyone......Cancer Kills approx 450 a day...heart decease is
slightly higher...500/600.......Covid is taking for last couple of weeks over 1200....

The Average Age we die in this country is 82....More of us are dying ...Covid stats suggest it's starting to hit harder
on the slightly younger....plenty of 50 year olds in hospital receiving treatment...

Mate a 100,000 EXTRA deaths this year and you refer to it as a Doable Manageable Stat....
I can put Legit Stats up ..which I try not to do ...Stats that like I Say are out out there, independent Stats...that are far worse
that the ones the Official Gov ones...

Can you explain the purpose of the Government Scaremongering...Consequently Slowing the Economy putting people
out of work...creating a myriad of problems,and will prob lead to them being voted out next Election..

You guys are way off with so much.....Surprising to me ...cos you're a clever lot on here....
Clearly we will never agree. But to quote a figure of 100,000 EXTRA deaths is complete bull. And I suspect you know it. The figures I quoted, showing the numbers who have recovered, are the official ones so I'm sorry you either have to accept them as factual and stop telling us there are "independent stats that are far worse", or accept the fact that these other figures could also be wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Similarly to state Covid is the biggest killer is wrong. Again I am relying on government stats because I am assuming they are probably the most reliable. Heart disease deaths amount to roughly 170,000 every year which is marginally more than cancer, 165,000. And it is worth mentioning those deaths are WHOLLY attributable to either heart disease or cancer which is quite possibly not the case with Covid.

As for the political implications I don't think the public will necessarily vote against the government based on it's handling of the situation. Anyone who listens to or reads the news will realise that, if anything, Starmer would have introduced even more draconian measures. The only person with any sort of political profile who spoke out against lockdowns, certainly in the early stages, was Nigel Farage but he has become quite silent recently. So if people vote based on how Covid measures were handled there is nothing to choose between the parties.

But finally can I ask you this ? Do you not think it is encouraging that so many millions have caught the disease and recovered from it ? Don't you think that is a statistic worth bringing into the public domain occasionally, instead of the daily death figures which we are being fed constantly ? I don't blame the government alone for this because the government can't be held responsible for the media but for heaven's sake let's at least recognise this thing is NOT a death sentence to every man, woman and child who gets it. Yes, it will accelerate the deaths of some people, as will many diseases. Yes, we need to be aware of the basic measures we can take to reduce the risk of becoming infected. But don't you, when you're out walking or going for your daily jog, find it totally depressing that some people are so shit scared of others that they will go to almost any lengths to avoid any form of social interaction ?
Bingo !

Love yer last paragraph.... so true
Bring back Jonathon !

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:44 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 am

So masks and social distancing are limiting the spread of covid then?

Or does it only work for influenza?

Simple is definitely showing through here.
I have no fucking Idea where you're coming from.....WTF do you want me to say...Jesus Christ,you're hard work...

YES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WEARING MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID AND
OTHER INFECTIOUS DECEASES INCLUDING FLU ....................

Mate why are you like this.....this thing is killing our people...we have to slow it and eventually try and eradicate it..

Simple..Thick ..Idiot....C'mon your better than that...........people start chucking insults when they are fighting a losing
battle......
Where I'm coming from is, the same people that shout from the rooftops that covid is spreading due to people not following the rules properly and not wearing masks, are the same people that say people are not catching influenza because we are wearing masks and socially distancing.

The two things can't be true, I hope you can see that, it's not rocket science.

Why has flu all but disappeared this year? Are influenza deaths being counted as covid deaths? If so why would that be the case? Unless you actually believe that the restrictions are working in reducing the spread and deaths related to Covid and have virtually eradicated influenza.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Latest Flu and Covid report from the Govt. It's a big boring read but once you get to the bones of it, it does clarify the distinctions between influenza related and Covid related infections/deaths.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ort_w3.pdf

Influenza hasn't gone away at all, although admittedly the number of cases this year is lower due in part to a record uptake of flu vaccinations, social distancing and increased hygiene practices. Reasons I believe, that have been mentioned in other posts on this thread.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 pm Latest Flu and Covid report from the Govt. It's a big boring read but once you get to the bones of it, it does clarify the distinctions between influenza related and Covid related infections/deaths.

Influenza hasn't gone away at all, although admittedly the number of cases this year is lower due in part to a record uptake of flu vaccinations, social distancing and increased hygiene practices. Reasons I believe, that have been mentioned in other posts on this thread.
I'd love for you to explain how you got to that conclusion please Billy?

From what I read they are working out who has influenza from a web based model and Google searches. (Pga 29-31)

SARI watch (pages 45 & 49) show next to no hospital or ICU admissions?

Can't see any comparison of uptake on vaccine, other than school children?

And finally page 76 influenza activity remains at interseasonal levels. That means during the peak of the influenza season there hardly is any.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I would imagine lockdowns, tier systems and people generally more cautious about going out would be a large factor in reduced numbers of flu. Maybe covid is more contagious and more easily spreadable along with peoples natural immune system being able to fight flu more than covid and also the flu jabs all contribute to lower numbers of flu.

Just putting it out there. And for those that wanna misread, I’m not saying accountable for all cases or lack of
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm I would imagine lockdowns, tier systems and people generally more cautious about going out would be a large factor in reduced numbers of flu. Maybe covid is more contagious and more easily spreadable along with peoples natural immune system being able to fight flu more than covid and also the flu jabs all contribute to lower numbers of flu.

Just putting it out there. And for those that wanna misread, I’m not saying accountable for all cases or lack of
Yep that's definitely it, virtually no hospital/ICU admissions, influenza is cured.

Shame that Japan had a nasty outbreak of influenza during the scamdemic. Maybe their masks and social distancing isn't as good as ours.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm I would imagine lockdowns, tier systems and people generally more cautious about going out would be a large factor in reduced numbers of flu. Maybe covid is more contagious and more easily spreadable along with peoples natural immune system being able to fight flu more than covid and also the flu jabs all contribute to lower numbers of flu.

Yep that's definitely it, virtually no hospital/ICU admissions, influenza is cured.

Shame that Japan had a nasty outbreak of influenza during the scamdemic. Maybe their masks and social distancing isn't as good as ours.
Coz that’s exactly what I said wasn’t it 🤦🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:42 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

Coz that’s exactly what I said wasn’t it 🤦🏻‍♂️
You do realise when you say "maybe" that doesn't actually dissolve you from the fact you believe what you wrote.

Do you actually know that covid comes from the same coronavirus family as the common cold?
It's a super cold which in reality hardly affects the majority of the population, we have a natural immunity to coronavirus's because we get them multiple times a year. that's why such a high percentage of people who've had it or will have it in the future are asymptomatic.

Remember the times when you or someone you know went to the doctors and were sent away having been told that you just have a virul infection?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:04 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 pm Latest Flu and Covid report from the Govt. It's a big boring read but once you get to the bones of it, it does clarify the distinctions between influenza related and Covid related infections/deaths.

I'd love for you to explain how you got to that conclusion please Billy?

From what I read they are working out who has influenza from a web based model and Google searches. (Pga 29-31)

SARI watch (pages 45 & 49) show next to no hospital or ICU admissions?

Can't see any comparison of uptake on vaccine, other than school children?

And finally page 76 influenza activity remains at interseasonal levels. That means during the peak of the influenza season there hardly is any.
I had another link for the flu vaccine uptake and I forgot to put it up. my error.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/reco ... ely-to-die
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?