Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:05 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Key to funds is Anderson...We fucked up all round with Anderson.
You’ve changed your tune :lol:
:lol: ............I meant we fucked up by not persevering with him and then letting him go out on loan,then not making sure he got
game time where ever he went.

I'd never 2 time Felipe...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm

I know transfer fees are likely to drop significantly as financial realities start to bite but, unfortunately, if Lingard does continue Wednesday's form I think Man U will want significantly more than £20 million. He's a home growner and they still attract a premium. Remember we were quoted £30 million for bloody Tarkowski ffs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't think they'll be wanting silly money for him...will he be 29 next year,in final year of contract,can't see them making
room or getting starts in the present team,they wont want him benching if that for a season and he goes on a freebie..
Maybe a deal with Issa involved...(just came to me...)
Reckon a lot depends on ..does he wanna come or not,we continue on as we are,be a few more players wanna be here.

The Catch 22 Again.....he has a Stormer and we get Euro Quali.....he's a 40 mill job...we fall back to 8/9th and he's a bencher,
we get offered the same player for 15/20 mill.
I’d not like to see Diop go in all honesty. Right age profile and in a decent defensive unit, which we now seem to have, could become a star turn. Reads the game as weir as anyone imo.

I’d like us to be looking for “young and hungry” players who will be happy to learn the PL, and are happy with occasional pitch time at first. Add into the mix a couple of decent strikers, I would still like Kevin Volland if we can get him, and then we can clear out the likes of Lanzini, Fredericks, Noble, Reid & co
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

He looked like he had been playing with Benrahma and Antonio for years, the link up play was brilliant. If it continues we have a great loan signing.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, time for my view like it or not.

Firstly, what a debut, couldn`t have asked for more albeit against a bang average Villa team.
So, been watching the boys vids through gritted teeth, Gonzo trying to convince me moyes is a tactical genius switching players around and solving the isolated striker issue, sorry mate not buying the argument, but the enthusiasm he portrayed nearly had me,

My take on the performance is this, back to basics, I hope it continues but I doubt it because moyes will begin to toy with him, he has already stated he doesn`t really know where he fits in HIS system, he didn`t play as if he had done for years with others it was all natural, moyes didn`t have the time to put the lead on the dog and show him where he can or cannot walk, but he has now.
So the free running free role we all saw and enjoyed may not last, everything he did against Villa came from HIS head and heart and he fucking loved it.
We all scream and shout at our tv`s knowing what should be done, where players should run into space where passes should and when be placed but it doesn`t fit in system, the game we all love is simple in principle, but over thought and over complicated by managers who know better but don`t, Jesse solved the isolation problem by knowing the space was there to be exploited and his instinct told him it was the right thing to do, but our other midfielders Lanzini, Anderson etc can all do what Jesse did but have all been pigeonholed into the system.

I wait to see what Jesse Lingard we will see today, lead on or lead off, Ole will be watching. whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:26 am Morning, time for my view like it or not.

Firstly, what a debut, couldn`t have asked for more albeit against a bang average Villa team.
So, been watching the boys vids through gritted teeth, Gonzo trying to convince me moyes is a tactical genius switching players around and solving the isolated striker issue, sorry mate not buying the argument, but the enthusiasm he portrayed nearly had me,

My take on the performance is this, back to basics, I hope it continues but I doubt it because moyes will begin to toy with him, he has already stated he doesn`t really know where he fits in HIS system, he didn`t play as if he had done for years with others it was all natural, moyes didn`t have the time to put the lead on the dog and show him where he can or cannot walk, but he has now.
So the free running free role we all saw and enjoyed may not last, everything he did against Villa came from HIS head and heart and he fucking loved it.
We all scream and shout at our tv`s knowing what should be done, where players should run into space where passes should and when be placed but it doesn`t fit in system, the game we all love is simple in principle, but over thought and over complicated by managers who know better but don`t, Jesse solved the isolation problem by knowing the space was there to be exploited and his instinct told him it was the right thing to do, but our other midfielders Lanzini, Anderson etc can all do what Jesse did but have all been pigeonholed into the system.

I wait to see what Jesse Lingard we will see today, lead on or lead off, Ole will be watching. whufc_crest
I didn’t see any of the Villa game except the goals but it was nice to hear of a player coming in and making an impact straight away instead of having Moyes famously “ease” them into the team over a period of time .

If what you say is true then let’s just hope Moyes can just see what’s in front of him and let Lingard continue with what amounts to a free role.

I dislike Moyes as much as you do and can see why you think Lingard will have that unpredictability coached out of him but as long as we keep winning I’ll be quietish :D
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:12 pm

Don't think they'll be wanting silly money for him...will he be 29 next year,in final year of contract,can't see them making
room or getting starts in the present team,they wont want him benching if that for a season and he goes on a freebie..
Maybe a deal with Issa involved...(just came to me...)
Reckon a lot depends on ..does he wanna come or not,we continue on as we are,be a few more players wanna be here.

The Catch 22 Again.....he has a Stormer and we get Euro Quali.....he's a 40 mill job...we fall back to 8/9th and he's a bencher,
we get offered the same player for 15/20 mill.
I’d not like to see Diop go in all honesty. Right age profile and in a decent defensive unit, which we now seem to have, could become a star turn. Reads the game as weir as anyone imo.

I’d like us to be looking for “young and hungry” players who will be happy to learn the PL, and are happy with occasional pitch time at first. Add into the mix a couple of decent strikers, I would still like Kevin Volland if we can get him, and then we can clear out the likes of Lanzini, Fredericks, Noble, Reid & co
Would love to see him playing...but not sure moyes would bring him in even if Oggy or Dawson go down..Balbeuna might
have the edge in Moyes eyes...way to good to be not playing...think the Mancs were sniffing 18 months or so ago,is
why sprung to mind,but they've moved on now probably.Would imagine he'd like to move on as well,if an offer came in.
Think we gotta see this year out,keeping as close as we can to present first 11...6 pick themselves moreorless plus Micky...
Bowen Starts...leaves 2 spots from 4/5 possibilities Lingard will be a Starter,leaves 1 spot for Lanza,Fornals,Ben,Yarmo,
Moyes been bigging up Ben chasing back....so he might be edging that.Not perfect for Fornals but he might have to work
on a more defensive side to his game...so we bring him on instead of Nobes,to switch things around a bit,give him more
game time,another guy to good for the bench.
Pretty much stating the obvious most of that TBH.

A Euro quali 5/6 place finish will get a better quality of Players WANTING to come...not Paychequeing as happens here.
Be a few changes next season I reckon...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:45 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Would love to see him playing...but not sure moyes would bring him in even if Oggy or Dawson go down..Balbeuna might
have the edge in Moyes eyes...way to good to be not playing...think the Mancs were sniffing 18 months or so ago,is
why sprung to mind,but they've moved on now probably.Would imagine he'd like to move on as well,if an offer came in.
Think we gotta see this year out,keeping as close as we can to present first 11...6 pick themselves moreorless plus Micky...
Bowen Starts...leaves 2 spots from 4/5 possibilities Lingard will be a Starter,leaves 1 spot for Lanza,Fornals,Ben,Yarmo,
Moyes been bigging up Ben chasing back....so he might be edging that.Not perfect for Fornals but he might have to work
on a more defensive side to his game...so we bring him on instead of Nobes,to switch things around a bit,give him more
game time,another guy to good for the bench.
Pretty much stating the obvious most of that TBH.

A Euro quali 5/6 place finish will get a better quality of Players WANTING to come...not Paychequeing as happens here.
Be a few changes next season I reckon...
Mourinho was certainly a Diop fan when he was Man U manager. As you say too good not to play but just the sort of player calibre we need as back up if we are to sustain any sort of challenge. Same as the Fornals/Benrahma thing. I’d prefer Fornals in that centre role but if Moyes prefers Benrahma ,well he’s the guy paid to make those decisions, and no one can argue with the results he’s getting at the moment..

Hopefully we can bring in one or two quality additions to bolster the squad. Key for me is quality. No more of the numbers for their own sake signings. Had far too much crap like that when Twitchy was wheeling and dealing.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The oracle that is Ex says he’ll be available for £10-15m as he’ll only have a year contract left .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm The oracle that is Ex says he’ll be available for £10-15m as he’ll only have a year contract left .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And did you know the moon is made of green cheese ?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:20 pm Initially I was indifferent to nay as over here in Canada Im more familiar with the social media JLingz, but quite happy to have at least the one body in the transfer window. I got more excited about it as everyone else seemed happy and positive about it.

Then yesterday happened.

Maybe I am the eternal pessimist West Ham fan, but I just hope that wasn't a one off high and things won't taper off to a little more mediocre. Just trying not to get way too excited on one performance and truly hope this is what we will see for the rest of the season.

As for contracts, they basically tell the bank how much to transfer each week, they can be amended or changed at any time, Arnie got through them like TP. If we keep him I just hope it is not in some sort of swap deal with Dec.

My overall conclusion is Moyes knows what he is doing with his transfers and we - and more importantly GSB - have to trust him.
The pessimist in me in alive and well. Maybe he was tired, but that was an insipid performance from him today.