Lee Mason

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Lee Mason

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:20 pm Has he got a French Cousin called Gauzere....shambles of a ref at the Wales England Rugby game as well..
Rugby has rules ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:34 pm As long as the FA and the PL continue to allow the PGMOL to be unaccountable this level of incompetence will continue.

The other issue is that they are not that well paid in comparison to the players they are in charge of. A retainer of around £40k with bonuses for games they officiate gives them around £70k, which as we all knows is around an average West Ham fans wage.

Joking aside, I know a lot of fans earn nowhere near that, but being a professional at the top of the game and for the amount of time they are away from home etc its not that great., however I'm not sure that a bigger salary would bring any better quality in the current crop of cockwombles, but it would hopefully bring through a better quality of younger refs?
I’ve spent a shit ton more time away from home than those clowns and never earned nearly as much. Don’t feel sorry for them with regards that
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:20 pm Has he got a French Cousin called Gauzere....shambles of a ref at the Wales England Rugby game as well..
Rugby has rules ?
Yeah Kinda.... :lol:

Seriously tho...a lot more than footie and a lot harder to get right..loads of judgement calls...
Which are ALL accepted by players..

Ref Saturday was a Nightmare,never seen such bad calls,(all against England,)in my time watching Rugby..
The Refs in Rugby are always bang on and fair.
Jonathon Davies Nominating MOTM said...not allowed to give it to the Ref. ..so I'll give it to Adams..

He def had a Few Francs on wales.....

hd1

Post by hd1 »

JayK wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:27 pm I’ve spent a shit ton more time away from home than those clowns and never earned nearly as much. Don’t feel sorry for them with regards that
So have I, and I don't feel sorry for them, but they are not doing a 9-5 job 5 days a week either. What's needed are more better trained referees on a wage commensurate with the value of the game. Players are paid tens of thousands per week, clubs are paid hundreds of thousands for each televised game, referees are paid £1400 per week at best (and yes I know that is a lot, it is the context which I'm trying to get across). You can understand why some of them behave like power hungry twats over the rich little millionaires, not that I condone it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:27 pm I’ve spent a shit ton more time away from home than those clowns and never earned nearly as much. Don’t feel sorry for them with regards that
So have I, and I don't feel sorry for them, but they are not doing a 9-5 job 5 days a week either. What's needed are more better trained referees on a wage commensurate with the value of the game. Players are paid tens of thousands per week, clubs are paid hundreds of thousands for each televised game, referees are paid £1400 per week at best (and yes I know that is a lot, it is the context which I'm trying to get across). You can understand why some of them behave like power hungry twats over the rich little millionaires, not that I condone it.
True, but they earn what they’re worth in some respects. Mike Dean is over paid
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:35 pm True, but they earn what they’re worth in some respects. Mike Dean is over paid
Ha! So true :D