Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

A great result in the end, being put through the mill is usual West Ham way..

Didn’t let us down, but I thought the game passed nobes by, didn’t really have any impact apart from a couple of lovely (missed) sliding tackles.
Have we really got no one else to try out in the last 8 games.
If we lose lingard and Antonio and god forbid souchec I may need to dust me boots off.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:05 am
hd1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:41 pm Never in doubt. Great performance and we've shown we can win without Dec and Mickey despite all the negative whingers saying otherwise.

We've got no-one to fear between now and the end of the season.

Always believe
Never in doubt , what match was you watching ? , poor thing still going on about negative whingers ? , some of us still have a opinion and at the moment are still able to express it .
Still proud to be a Hammer , always will be , and a win at the end of the day is still a win , even if we were lucky 1st half and we looked crap second half .
Clearly touched a nerve :D

We looked as likely as them to score and Souceks goal was disallowed, which was the game I was watching. Last season we would have capitulated, and whilst we did against Arsenal in most other games we've been solid and protected our lead without any worry, and I wasn't worried last night.

Negativity drags you down, gets into your every thought and stops you enjoying great games and performances. Carry on being like that, I'm enjoying it

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

hd1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:31 am

Negativity drags you down, gets into your every thought and stops you enjoying great games and performances. Carry on being like that, I'm enjoying it
No it doesn't.

It sets your expectations lower and when they are surpassed the ecstasy of winning is far far greater than when you have this misplaced belief that our squad is awesome, the manager is like Alf Ramsey and our owners are a gift from the gods.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:05 am

Never in doubt , what match was you watching ? , poor thing still going on about negative whingers ? , some of us still have a opinion and at the moment are still able to express it .
Still proud to be a Hammer , always will be , and a win at the end of the day is still a win , even if we were lucky 1st half and we looked crap second half .
Clearly touched a nerve :D

We looked as likely as them to score and Souceks goal was disallowed, which was the game I was watching. Last season we would have capitulated, and whilst we did against Arsenal in most other games we've been solid and protected our lead without any worry, and I wasn't worried last night.

You surely cannot be watching the same team as me then , we have for the most part not been that solid at the back without any worries protecting our lead ( yes we have for the most part taken the lead ) . Many matches it has been worryingly back to the walls stuff trying to protect what we have instead of improving on what we have , that is how I see it .
And just for your understanding I do not suffer with negativity at all so it will not be dragging me down , I suffer I suppose with having a opinion other than support the manager at all costs . We all see things differently its what makes the world a interesting place to be , though I have had my doubts of late .
I have seen the good things our manager has done this season , the progress this team has made , but have also seen how they are held back by poor decisions from the dugout . That's an opinion not negativity , I want them to be the best they can .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

only1salty wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 am

No it doesn't.

It sets your expectations lower and when they are surpassed the ecstasy of winning is far far greater than when you have this misplaced belief that our squad is awesome, the manager is like Alf Ramsey and our owners are a gift from the gods.
Our manager IS like Alf Ramsey though .

If you think about it ...
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz delivers an updated review on the previous review. It's even more fresher then.

Johnson deserves praise as he played with a pleasing assuredness missing in some of his previous games. And we must mention Craig Dawson who has been an absolute hero but was the worst player on the pitch by such a margin that he was lucky to complete the game. Christ what a fucking stinker

Last edited by BlackDiamond on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whilst extremely happy with the win I must say how concerned I am with the way we seem to collapse in the 2nd half of games.

Conceding 5 goals in 2 games is worrying.

With rice out and Antonio seemingly unable to last 90 mins there next few games could prove to be difficult to say the least.
Flairon

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am
only1salty wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 am

No it doesn't.

Thought about it. Nothing like him whatsoever. You on drugs?
One took 3 Hammers to the pinnacle with an accent on par with Her Majesty and the other aint going no higher than 4th, lets be fair here, with an accent like Billy Connelly but no where as funny. If I missed the connection you best point it out. :D :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am

Thought about it. Nothing like him whatsoever. You on drugs?
One took 3 Hammers to the pinnacle with an accent on par with Her Majesty and the other aint going no higher than 4th, lets be fair here, with an accent like Billy Connelly but no where as funny. If I missed the connection you best point it out. :D :)
He’s like a Racehorse. Blinkered and not for turning .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:01 am Also , a word of praise for Mr West Ham .

Really seemed to raise his game last night and was always looking for the ball .
He gave me a couple of heart attacks but apart from that well done Noble .

Can he do it 4 or 5 games on the spin though.
Ditto.

I am one of them Noble critics,but hats off to him last night.

6 days break and I think he will be ok.