The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 am
Castiron wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am
😂 I forgot to add female commentators!
Was the mention of "finger" in the reply to your OP the prompt you needed to remember female commentators ?
Possibly, although she'd probably tell me it's not a high enough press ffs!.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:06 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm

I backed them.They look decent.

The most enjoyable game of the Championships was Turkey v Wales.

Great game for Entertainment.
Fucking hell. I'm shocked. It must have turned into some game. I switched off after about 15 minutes as I thought it was utter cack. Turkey were garbage against the Italians and didn't look any better against the sheep botherers.

And in the later game Italy pissed all over the Swiss who should have beaten the phlegm spitters by a cricket score last Saturday. Don't think Italy will win it but they are a very decent side indeed.
Trust me Whiskyman,it was an entertaining game.You shouldn't have switched off mate.

Maybe you preferred the the tippy tappy sh*t that we seen by the likes of Spain and Germany this week?This was end to end mate.Throughly enjoyed it..The best game I have seen in the tournament so far..

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am Not sure if it's because I'm a grumpy old git now, as my wife and daughter tell me often, but I'm finding the whole thing very annoying.
From over zealous commentators, the wank fest over certain players/teams.
The never ending political correctness shoved down the throat.
The fucking high press, The low block.
VAR and that fucking rediculous rule that the linesman (sorry, assistant referee, who doesn't have any say on any matter, because he will be ruled out by fucking VAR) doesn't raise his flag until the offside player has touched the ball.
The thought of watching that cunt Ronaldo's gurning fucking face everytime he scores.
Alex Scott. Jermaine Jenas. Just fuck off.
Southgate talking as though he's suddenly some footballing Einstein.
And finally the over the top hype over England and the innevatable kick up the bollox when they actually come up against anyone half decent, and are sent home with their tails between their legs....again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality rant and bang on with most of it. Thanks for that. I’m still enjoying some of the games though…….ya grumpy old git :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Fucking hell. I'm shocked. It must have turned into some game. I switched off after about 15 minutes as I thought it was utter cack. Turkey were garbage against the Italians and didn't look any better against the sheep botherers.

And in the later game Italy pissed all over the Swiss who should have beaten the phlegm spitters by a cricket score last Saturday. Don't think Italy will win it but they are a very decent side indeed.
Trust me Whiskyman,it was an entertaining game.You shouldn't have switched off mate.

Maybe you preferred the the tippy tappy sh*t that we seen by the likes of Spain and Germany this week?This was end to end mate.Throughly enjoyed it..The best game I have seen in the tournament so far..
Thinking about it Tel, although I agreed it was a decent watch, that Holland v Ukraine game was pretty tasty too. I’d love to say better but unfortunately coz we were watching via fire stick in my mates newly built garden bar, it kept crashing on us
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

Refereeing has been outstanding.
Let far more tackles and rough stuff go than in the PL. Don't fall for play acting.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. Personally I enjoy seeing teams where the players pass to teammates and try to create openings rather than humping the ball upfield and hoping someone makes a mistake. As soon as I heard that dickhead Savage wittering on in praise of the poor man's Andy Carroll in the Wales team I feared the worst.

I'm happy with my decision to switch off mate. I saw Turkey and The Druids in their fist matches and I must admit their performances did influence my viewing choices. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

JayK wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am Not sure if it's because I'm a grumpy old git now, as my wife and daughter tell me often, but I'm finding the whole thing very annoying.
From over zealous commentators, the wank fest over certain players/teams.
The never ending political correctness shoved down the throat.
The fucking high press, The low block.
VAR and that fucking rediculous rule that the linesman (sorry, assistant referee, who doesn't have any say on any matter, because he will be ruled out by fucking VAR) doesn't raise his flag until the offside player has touched the ball.
The thought of watching that cunt Ronaldo's gurning fucking face everytime he scores.
Alex Scott. Jermaine Jenas. Just fuck off.
Southgate talking as though he's suddenly some footballing Einstein.
And finally the over the top hype over England and the innevatable kick up the bollox when they actually come up against anyone half decent, and are sent home with their tails between their legs....again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality rant and bang on with most of it. Thanks for that. I’m still enjoying some of the games though…….ya grumpy old git :lol:
I am 😂

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Who’s that lumpy bird on itv at the moment?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:01 pm Who’s that lumpy bird on itv at the moment?
Chelski bints manager Emma Hayes.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:10 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:01 pm Who’s that lumpy bird on itv at the moment?
Chelski bints manager Emma Hayes.
Fuck me must have been an eating partner of Lampard.