Carroll to China in January

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Carroll to China in January

Post by Flairon »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:So according to The Sunday Express, 2 Chinese clubs are lining up £20m bids for Andy Carroll and will pay him £300k a week.

I love Carroll but if any such bid were to come in, there is literally no way we couldn't accept it.

I could not agree more. Snatch the money and run....... goodpost:)
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

Taansend wrote:
Lyalls Cockney Kings wrote:
No. The secrecy and lack of detail regarding this latest injury absolutely stinks. Clearly he has a chronic injury that is highly likely to recur again and again.

He will never manage more than a few games ever again. But the club will not admit it in the hope that someone like the Chinese will take a gamble. Sullivan and Gold would give him away now in my view.

The problem is getting rid is not the answer because they will not improve the squad but just get us some no mark South American reserve striker that nobody has ever heard of or ever will hear of again. So you may as well hope Carroll stays just to score the odd goal.
I hear you, John, but I would rather stick to blind optimism than common sense so I am picking Carroll & Sakho to score 25 goals between them by the end of the season :D
I'd be impressed even if they did that in training in a season tbh
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Is it April 1st already ?

I must have been in hibernation.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

China? No. Breaks too easily.

Oh, hang on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

11 games into the season and still no sign of him!!! He will take another 2 games to get match fit when he returns. Not helping the cause much is he.
Given his injury record id say his agent was Merlin after getting him a 6 year contract at 90 Grand a week.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

IronsForever wrote:11 games into the season and still no sign of him!!! He will take another 2 games to get match fit when he returns. Not helping the cause much is he.
Given his injury record id say his agent was Merlin after getting him a 6 year contract at 90 Grand a week.
The personal rate of Tax at his suggested wage would be 45%. If he paid himself an allowance through his own company then the corporate tax rate would be 25%. Probably the way to go.

Pay your self a salary per average wage in China @ 3% tax. The rest of the annual salary taxed at 25%
That leaves your career savings to spend as you wish - like dogs @ 15K a pop

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

If the interest is serious surely we'd be better off not playing (or training) him at all in December just in case he gets injured again and ruins any potential deal.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Gonzo wrote:If the interest is serious surely we'd be better off not playing (or training) him at all in December just in case he gets injured again and ruins any potential deal.
I think that may explain the mysterious "mystery" injury he was about to return from and hasn't. If that's the case, we will not see him in a West Ham shirt again.

It's a shame because on his day... blah blah blah... For that money, or a quarter of that money I would sell.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

bigfacemike wrote:
Gonzo wrote:If the interest is serious surely we'd be better off not playing (or training) him at all in December just in case he gets injured again and ruins any potential deal.
I think that may explain the mysterious "mystery" injury he was about to return from and hasn't. If that's the case, we will not see him in a West Ham shirt again.

It's a shame because on his day... blah blah blah... For that money, or a quarter of that money I would sell.

Me too mate, I like him too and get excited when he plays but his appearance record for us is appalling.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

IronsForever wrote:11 games into the season and still no sign of him!!! He will take another 2 games to get match fit when he returns. Not helping the cause much is he.
2 games to get match fit and a very real possibility that the useless fucking article will injure himself again during those 2 games. I never bought into the "All Scousers are theiving bastards" argument until they mugged us off over sicknote.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?