No Pace.Rip it up and start again.

Chat about anything football related here!
ironblood

Re: No Pace.Rip it up and start again.

Postby ironblood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 pm

No pace and clueless, has nobody ever thought about the best form of defence? Its to attack!! For me only Carroll and Kouyate were up for it, the rest were a waste. Watford were allowed to play out from the back as we only ever had one or two chasing them down? where were our midfielders? If your a counter attacking team you need to be fast and we're not fast enough. So our midfield should have move into the watford half to back Carroll up' especially as Hart spent all his time pumping the ball up to a lonely Carroll........fucking pointless.
Oh, one last thing, what the fuck have the Grimm brothers done wrong apart from selling our home, cos thats the only thing thats ever upset me? They came in when we were in the shit, they turn up to watch our team play shit (just like the rest of us) and all some people do is give them grief. Start looking at the players, for christ sake thier paid enough and while some of our fans moan about the board and manager.....they ar'nt on the pitch.
Bollocks....maybe it's just me.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I can't wait for this .

Tick tock tick tock .... :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 pm

ironblood wrote:No pace and clueless, has nobody ever thought about the best form of defence? Its to attack!! For me only Carroll and Kouyate were up for it, the rest were a waste. Watford were allowed to play out from the back as we only ever had one or two chasing them down? where were our midfielders? If your a counter attacking team you need to be fast and we're not fast enough. So our midfield should have move into the watford half to back Carroll up' especially as Hart spent all his time pumping the ball up to a lonely Carroll........fucking pointless.
Oh, one last thing, what the fuck have the Grimm brothers done wrong apart from selling our home, cos thats the only thing thats ever upset me? They came in when we were in the shit, they turn up to watch our team play shit (just like the rest of us) and all some people do is give them grief. Start looking at the players, for christ sake thier paid enough and while some of our fans moan about the board and manager.....they ar'nt on the pitch.

Welcome to the forum young jack

Off to bed now no doubt we see you around

Enjoy mate.
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:31 pm

We are basically relying on the oldest team in the PL with no pace anywhere.We are sitting dummies with no outlet. :( This is down to our owners who have this bloody thing in their heads that experience is "everything"..WRONG,Youthfulness plays a major part in today's game and we need a balance between both.
3 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 pm

palerider wrote:With nothing else to watch I had the Leeds v Boro game on earlier.

Leeds were in cruise control until Adama Traore came on. We were linked with him I believe in the Summer.

I'm glad we didn't get him as he has no end product. But he's like shit off a shovel and Leeds panicked. Putting two, sometimes three men on him. A better team than Boro would have exploited the extra space.

Even the best defenders are scared of pace. All the best sides have it.

But we're not one of the best sides.

That's why they're the best sides !!
0 x

NEHammer

Postby NEHammer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm

We don't have the skills to pass the ball about and possess, the pace to counter, or the discipline at the back to play Pulisball.
0 x

belfasthammer

Postby belfasthammer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 am

AGREE totally We need to blood youngster , get in some battling pros who actually take pride in their work and move on some of the crap. Unfortunately not enough days to January 31st to shift them all. On a personal front the owners and the way the club is being run are recipes for disaster and it will take some work and a massive bit of luck to survive this year.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 am

ironblood wrote:No pace and clueless, has nobody ever thought about the best form of defence? Its to attack!! For me only Carroll and Kouyate were up for it, the rest were a waste. Watford were allowed to play out from the back as we only ever had one or two chasing them down? where were our midfielders? If your a counter attacking team you need to be fast and we're not fast enough. So our midfield should have move into the watford half to back Carroll up' especially as Hart spent all his time pumping the ball up to a lonely Carroll........fucking pointless.

Funniest 2nd half of a post I ever seen. Where’s that joke thread and where are the moderators?
1 x
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 am

Newmarket wrote:I can't wait for this .

Tick tock tick tock .... :i am genuinely amused:

I was tempted Newms, but nah, better not :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

downunda

Postby downunda » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 am

Unfortunately while Snitch and Snatch were rubbing their hands together during the summer, other teams were spending the t.v. money on quality players. This is where we are now, I think we are possibly the worst team in the league.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”