BBC JUST ANNOUNCED MOYES HAS LEFT WEST HAM

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

Re: BBC JUST ANNOUNCED MOYES HAS LEFT WEST HAM

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 pm

So Moyes has gone some people saying his choice and others the boards,some claiming one manager is coming others name someone else is coming,me thinks a lot of guess work involved,this is exactly what the majority wanted a quick change so before the slagging off starts let's at least see who we're moaning about.COYI
0 x

Mikeveep

Well said IFRe: BBC JUST ANNOUNCED MOYES HAS LEFT WEST HAM

Postby Mikeveep » Wed May 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Ditto IF....

We were certainly getting the ball from defense to attack quicker this last few games than any time in the last six years.

No interminable passing along the back line,usually ending up with the ball with the full/wing back with the whole of the opposition still to be passed.

Recently Rice and Oggy have been surging forward drawing a man before releasing the ball.

Was a significant improvement imo.
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:This just highlights the lack of professionalism and seat-of-his-pants-makes-it-up-as-he-goes-along leadership of Sullivan.
Up until the last few games Moyes was definitely getting a new contract, Moyes was the man.
Then all of a sudden C&H stop calling him 'Moysie' and start putting the boot in. A sure sign Sullivan had changed his mind.

Now if Sullivan had made his mind up at the time that Moyes was ONLY ever going to be temporary we could've had a manager lined up months ago. Transfer plans in the works, staff hired and framework up and running.
But once again it's all last minute and on the back foot.

And as much as I wanted Moyes to go, the lack of courtesy is amazing. What should have been a firm handshake and a thanks for the hardwork, ends up as 'maybe we'll give you the job if we can't find anyone better'. It's a crazy, crazy way to run a football club. How on Earth, after 20 odd years in the game do they not learn?

Given the dwarf's wish to be loved by an adoring public I suspect the decision has been largely based on the operceived hostility of the majority of fans against appointing Moyes.

As you say it did appear at one time he was nailed on to stay if we survived but the mood has changed. Don't read C & H myself but your reading of the situation is probably the correct one.

A truly pathetic, shoddy and amateurish way to run a business if true.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 pm

I shall miss his gung ho approach.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I would not have been too disappointed if we had kept Moyes in the sense that he did the job he was asked and did it professionally and came across well in the media. He helped turn Arnie around and he got enough results with a squad missing at least one of 3 or 4 key players every week. For his sake I hope his reputation is repaired enough to see him again, nice guy good luck.

With that said I think it is right to look elsewhere, it was clear he was going to become another Allardyce, unwilling to be adventurous especially certain games like vs Stoke or vs Burnley where we scraped a draw. Cup exit was pathetic, Moyes doesn't quite get an FA Cup win will be remembered for life for us fans, Premier League or not.

Been a horrid season to forget, got to hope the new guy gets it right. Top 10 and good cup runs is good enough for us but also exciting football. If we are going to get torn apart by big teams least have a go. Moyes just would not have worked out like Allardyce did not, the fans be against him unless he could somehow replicate Everton days. And that is a nearly impossible task.
0 x

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am

Hildreth_1101 wrote:I would not have been too disappointed if we had kept Moyes in the sense that he did the job he was asked and did it professionally and came across well in the media. He helped turn Arnie around and he got enough results with a squad missing at least one of 3 or 4 key players every week. For his sake I hope his reputation is repaired enough to see him again, nice guy good luck.

With that said I think it is right to look elsewhere, it was clear he was going to become another Allardyce, unwilling to be adventurous especially certain games like vs Stoke or vs Burnley where we scraped a draw. Cup exit was pathetic, Moyes doesn't quite get an FA Cup win will be remembered for life for us fans, Premier League or not.

Been a horrid season to forget, got to hope the new guy gets it right. Top 10 and good cup runs is good enough for us but also exciting football. If we are going to get torn apart by big teams least have a go. Moyes just would not have worked out like Allardyce did not, the fans be against him unless he could somehow replicate Everton days. And that is a nearly impossible task.

I don't even insist on a good cup run as that can be a matter of luck. What I do want is us to compete in both the cups and we didn't compete against Wigan. Watching the game we looked like the Div1 team and they had the two best palyers on the park. One of my many cripes against BFS is that he never really competed in the cups, especially in the FA cup. For someone good enough to run Real Madrid isn't amazing that none of his teams have ever come clsoe to winning a cup competition!
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 am

I'd like to thank Moyes for highlighting the way the club's run, he obviously upset the poisoned Dwarf. He came to repair his reputation and save us from the drop, both boxes ticked. It really wasn't the hardest season to avoid the drop, although I feel he made hard work of it at times. Thanks o wrinkly Messiah, enjoy your bonus and go get a facelift.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
Calm down. I am pretty sure they know who they want.
Anyway player contracts don't age out until June 30th and there is a world cup coming so there will be little movement before then as it tends to ripple down from the top and top players generally move after the WC and top clubs use it to scout players.

Very ironic that some on here are complaining that we are interviewing before getting rid of Moyes (incorrect)
Others are complaining the club have not approached anyone before Sunday (Get a list but approach them after end of season)

The owners have lots to blame for but you really could not make our fans up :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Didn't they claim to know who they wanted mid season all those years ago when they wanted to sack Grant ? Didn't go to well then and I see nothing to suggest it will go well this time. It is normally a very good idea to have somebody waiting before dispensing of the services of an existing incumbent. I know the Moyes situation, with his short term contract is different, but I would hope it was a decision taken some while back and not on a whim after a conversation with his bloody son. And if the decision was taken that Moyes wasn't the long term solution surely a sensible strategy would have been to have the replacement lined up ready for a seamless changeover.

As things stand we have no manager, no coaching staff of note, and the World Cup will soon be upon us. If, as I think is likely, nothing is sorted before the World Cup we will be going into the new season's pre season programme (who organises that if not the manager btw) with thwe situation still unresolved.

People say we are run like a circus. We aren't. I would imagine the average circus is run more professionally.

I personally think that is a load of bollocks but each to their own. Arsenal fans dont seem to be melting and neither do Everton fans.....yet our fans are already whining that we have not ghot a manager withing the first 12 hours....you really could not make it up.

It also seems to be bizarre that people dont watch for patterns......every time there is a world cup, there are very few player moves until the tournament has ended.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Didn't they claim to know who they wanted mid season all those years ago when they wanted to sack Grant ? Didn't go to well then and I see nothing to suggest it will go well this time. It is normally a very good idea to have somebody waiting before dispensing of the services of an existing incumbent. I know the Moyes situation, with his short term contract is different, but I would hope it was a decision taken some while back and not on a whim after a conversation with his bloody son. And if the decision was taken that Moyes wasn't the long term solution surely a sensible strategy would have been to have the replacement lined up ready for a seamless changeover.

As things stand we have no manager, no coaching staff of note, and the World Cup will soon be upon us. If, as I think is likely, nothing is sorted before the World Cup we will be going into the new season's pre season programme (who organises that if not the manager btw) with thwe situation still unresolved.

People say we are run like a circus. We aren't. I would imagine the average circus is run more professionally.

I personally think that is a load of bollocks but each to their own. Arsenal fans dont seem to be melting and neither do Everton fans.....yet our fans are already whining that we have not ghot a manager withing the first 12 hours....you really could not make it up.

It also seems to be bizarre that people dont watch for patterns......every time there is a world cup, there are very few player moves until the tournament has ended.

Arsenal are a bit of an unknown quantity as they haven't had to appoint a manager for some time. However Arsenal do seem a very well organised, efficiently run club. Everton's board have acted decisively in recent times, suggesting plans were well advanced once they had decided on a change.

Our previous experiences include telling Zola his job was safe and almost immediately replacing him with an absolute buffoon. Then having decided they had, in fact, appointed a buffoon and lining up a replacement, they managed somehow to cock that up after the buffoon had said his "goodbyes" to the crowd. Eventually sacking the buffoon they appointed Allardyce, whose last 2 years were surrounded by stay or go stories virtually every week. And of course they eventually appointed Bilic after being, allegedly turned down by Benitez, Emery, Ancelotti and, quite probably, a whole host of others.

So please excuse my complete lack of faith in the competence of this board to manage to run a bath correctly, never mind a multi million pound business. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

Arsenal are a bit of an unknown quantity as they haven't had to appoint a manager for some time. However Arsenal do seem a very well organised, efficiently run club. Everton's board have acted decisively in recent times, suggesting plans were well advanced once they had decided on a change.

Our previous experiences include telling Zola his job was safe and almost immediately replacing him with an absolute buffoon. Then having decided they had, in fact, appointed a buffoon and lining up a replacement, they managed somehow to cock that up after the buffoon had said his "goodbyes" to the crowd. Eventually sacking the buffoon they appointed Allardyce, whose last 2 years were surrounded by stay or go stories virtually every week. And of course they eventually appointed Bilic after being, allegedly turned down by Benitez, Emery, Ancelotti and, quite probably, a whole host of others.

So please excuse my complete lack of faith in the competence of this board to manage to run a bath correctly, never mind a multi million pound business. ;)

Previous experiences granted but I this is 2018 so what are people moaning about now......Zola ? FFS they need to move on. Currently I don't see any issue with what is going on and people melting that the Transfer window opens today so that means we have to have a manager in place have clearly got selective memories of seasons gone past. Even without a world cup, few deals can be done before July 1st anyway and most re done near the end of the window.

Sometimes our fans can find things to whine about that beggars belief
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”