Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Antonio

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:59 am

OZHAMMER wrote:How’s the British quota looking? Must be getting a bit thin now?
Is it a British quota or an English quota? And if it isn't an English quota why not if the object is to produce more players for the national team. I genuinely don't know. Or does the quota just mean players who have been through academy set ups here irrespective of nationality, such as Quina. I am ready to be enlightened by anyone's wisdom.

And if it's British (or English of course) Declan Rice won't count will he ?
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

only1salty

Post by only1salty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 am

Its homegrown quota

Must have come through an academy or been with a club for 3 years prior to the age of 21.

Cannot have a British quota - against EU laws.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 am

only1salty wrote:Its homegrown quota

Must have come through an academy or been with a club for 3 years prior to the age of 21.

Cannot have a British quota - against EU laws.
Thanks for that. So as things stand at the moment we need to have a minimum of 8 and can offer these as squad members

Byram, Cresswell, Oxford, Rice, Fredericks, Cullen, Antonio, Noble, Snodgrass, Quina, Wilshere, Carroll, Hugill. Clearly some of those may leave but it wouldn't surprise me if Trott, Holland and Browne are given squad numbers so there doesn't appear to be a problem.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:How’s the British quota looking? Must be getting a bit thin now?
Is it a British quota or an English quota? And if it isn't an English quota why not if the object is to produce more players for the national team. I genuinely don't know. Or does the quota just mean players who have been through academy set ups here irrespective of nationality, such as Quina. I am ready to be enlightened by anyone's wisdom.

I recall that every time the issue of ‘the quota’ was raised in the past, James Collins name was mentioned, so I assumed that it was British.

But it appears that I read that wrong.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I recall that every time the issue of ‘the quota’ was raised in the past, James Collins name was mentioned, so I assumed that it was British.

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Any youngster over the age of 19, we buy from a foreign club will never be eligible as home grown because he will not be able to fulfill the 3 years with the club, or English club, until his 21st .

They are now looking to change the rule, that the player needs to spend 36 months up to the age of 18. They are also looking at having 2 or 3 club trained players meaning only youngsters who have spent their entire youth training at the club are eligible, eg Noble
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Any youngster over the age of 19, we buy from a foreign club will never be eligible as home grown because he will not be able to fulfill the 3 years with the club, or English club, until his 21st .

They are now looking to change the rule, that the player needs to spend 36 months up to the age of 18. They are also looking at having 2 or 3 club trained players meaning only youngsters who have spent their entire youth training at the club are eligible, eg Noble
Which of the alphabet soup meddling fuckwits is it that you refer to as "THEY" ? The F.A. ; UEFA ; FIFA; or fucking UKIP.

Reading between the lines what it seems "they" are saying is that it doesn't matter how crap someone is as long as they've spent their entire youth career at their club. Which is a fancy arsed way of saying "dumb down" isn't it ?
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:

Which of the alphabet soup meddling fuckwits is it that you refer to as "THEY" ? The F.A. ; UEFA ; FIFA; or fucking UKIP.

Reading between the lines what it seems "they" are saying is that it doesn't matter how crap someone is as long as they've spent their entire youth career at their club. Which is a fancy arsed way of saying "dumb down" isn't it ?
That is exactly what they are saying, they, the English Premier League, want more true Brits playing for the top clubs even if they are the worst players ever seen and would not even make it into a Conference side. By doing this apparently we will be more competitive in International games....... :lol:
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

What?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

That is exactly what they are saying, they, the English Premier League, want more true Brits playing for the top clubs even if they are the worst players ever seen and would not even make it into a Conference side. By doing this apparently we will be more competitive in International games....... :i am genuinely amused:
So it's the EPL rather than the FA then. Whatever happened to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" ?
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote: That is exactly what they are saying, they, the English Premier League, want more true Brits playing for the top clubs even if they are the worst players ever seen and would not even make it into a Conference side. By doing this apparently we will be more competitive in International games....... :i am genuinely amused:
So it's the EPL rather than the FA then. Whatever happened to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" ?
Oh come on. Don't you know that there are armies of people at all these alphabet companies whose employment is justified by dicking about with the rules every year. Actually trying to solve a problem is secondary to causing chaos
0 x

Social Media