Domingos Quina

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Domingos Quina

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

Been a lot of talk on here about how good/average/shit he is so maybe now we'll find out. The Watford business model is to buy cheap and sell expensive, as they did with Richarlison with spectacular success. So I'm guessing they're hoping Quina makes an impact.

He seems to be highly rated by a lot of pundits so I'm guessing there may be something wrong with his attitude in the eyes of the management.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

palerider

Re: Domingos Quina

Postby palerider » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 am

I too am wondering if he really is the rat's pyjamas.

He's 18 I believe ? Rooney hit the headlines at 16. An exception maybe but for all the talk about Quina, the old phrase about if you're good enough you're old enough does have an element of truth.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 am

Seems very ambitious....as you should be,think we were just a stepping stone for him,
opposite to Ricey in a way........Declans ambitious,but has spent time learning and building
his strength up, getting ready for his chance,but,
Seems like Quina wanted 1st team games from the off,could have been at Arse I believe but
chose us..easier route ..
Not that I'm against the ...if your good enough your old enough approach,but you can be good
enough but not strong enough, as it was with him...

Anyway...Enough of this.... :lol:
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am

We will see, he would have walked for free next season and for whatever reason he didn't want to stay, He is just trying to make the correct choice for his career, and he seems to be looking for a team that might give him time in the first team which he did not recieve here. Watford could prove to be a smart choice for him compared to Barcelona or something.
0 x

garnett

Postby garnett » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am

He looked absolutely overjoyed at the prospect of joining Watford, he must learn to control his emotions when facing a camera :lol:
3 x

h69

Postby h69 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 am

mkhammer wrote:Seems very ambitious....as you should be,think we were just a stepping stone for him,
opposite to Ricey in a way........Declans ambitious,but has spent time learning and building
his strength up, getting ready for his chance,but,
Seems like Quina wanted 1st team games from the off,could have been at Arse I believe but
chose us..easier route ..
Not that I'm against the ...if your good enough your old enough approach,but you can be good
enough but not strong enough, as it was with him...

Anyway...Enough of this.... :lol:

Had a touch of the Reece Oxford about him regarding his attitude and I believe his agent is a prize A cunt who told him now he is a Euro u19 winner he should be a first team regular.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 pm

At less than a million Quina was worth a punt for Watford.
I'd say the fact that the likes of PSG and Barcelona, who were touted as destinations, passed on him should tell us something. Probably that he's not the next Messi.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Based on what I have seen the guy doesn't look strong enough physically for the Prem at this point in time. Not sure this will ever change, but only time will tell!
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:58 am

Neville Bartos wrote:At less than a million Quina was worth a punt for Watford.
I'd say the fact that the likes of PSG and Barcelona, who were touted as destinations, passed on him should tell us something. Probably that he's not the next Messi.

Might well be Quina's problem. A sniff of interest from PSG and Barca and, hey presto, hello Billy Big Boots. Don't wish him any harm but I don't see anyone at West Ham wringing their hands together and saying "if Only".
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 am

I thought it was a loan deal? Did we sell him in the end?
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”