Haller.

Chat about anything football related here!
boxman

Re: Haller.

Post by boxman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:37 am

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:44 am
Has he joined yet? Still think this story is nonsense? :)
think we'll get this done and it's going to be really soon, I expect to see a slick WHU video pop up in my youtube feed any minute now

as for the initial story rubbishing haller to west ham yes, it was absolutely nonsense.. hallers comments attributed to the story are old from end of season, all this rejection claims essentially came from an inaccurate article that was regurgitated around the globe, no doubt they got massive amount of clicks so mission accomplished.. still doesn't mean there is a sliver of truth to it.. its just a easy and profitable "story"

the only thing we actually have at this stage are the initial leak from the italian journo, very quiet from all parties involved in the transfer, i suspect our 40m bid was accepted about a month ago when the frankfurt board came out and stated they are open to letting haller leave for 40m, this was when we were first linked - as reported by the hammerchat clan
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 pm
West Ham have recently pulled out of the Maxi Gómez negotiations, as reported by Sky Sports, so there are currently questions being asked regarding the striker situation.

If things stay as they stand, Chicharito will be the club’s main striker – with Jordan Hugill and Xande Silva as back up.

Oh Dear......... :? :(
0 x
Flairon

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Flairon wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 pm
West Ham have recently pulled out of the Maxi Gómez negotiations, as reported by Sky Sports, so there are currently questions being asked regarding the striker situation.

If things stay as they stand, Chicharito will be the club’s main striker – with Jordan Hugill and Xande Silva as back up.

Chicharito is not a profolic goal-scorer and had injury on-off like a tap! I looked up at C & H and they put a poster of West Ham done deal with Haller for £40m, but as f&cking usual, at the bottom lines, they said "Sources at West Ham saying that is not true but Haller is one of the list target men but nothing has been made yet. FFS!!!!! I am SICK and BORED of this boring words "Sources at West Ham saying this is not true". only 3 f&cking weeks left and time is running out thanks to stupid 1 month time-waster on Gomez Clown!!!
0 x

Caboose

Post by Caboose » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 am
punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am

Is a £25m player impressive these days?

Maybe ten years ago

He looks a good prospect and hopefully he’ll turn out great for us but when players like Perez are being sold for £30m I don’t see spending £25m is something tas shout about, even if you gauge players on what they cost

Especially been it’s been covered by the sale of your top scorer and you’ve saved millions by releasing the biggest sicknote since Darren Anderton
A player's ability isn't only reflected by his price tag. How much did Balbuena cost ? Or Fabianski ? On the other side of the coin how much did we waste on Andy Carroll who even 6 years ago cost more than those two put together.

And Diop, who only cost a tad more than £25 million, has proved to be pretty damn good so I'd say a £25 million player can be very impressive. Unless of course they happen to be called Tyrone Mings.
Fucking right. Fucking stupid just judging a player on transfer fee size.
0 x

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm
Flairon wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Chicharito is not a profolic goal-scorer and had injury on-off like a tap! I looked up at C & H and they put a poster of West Ham done deal with Haller for £40m, but as f&cking usual, at the bottom lines, they said "Sources at West Ham saying that is not true but Haller is one of the list target men but nothing has been made yet. FFS!!!!! I am SICK and BORED of this boring words "Sources at West Ham saying this is not true". only 3 f&cking weeks left and time is running out thanks to stupid 1 month time-waster on Gomez Clown!!!
Ibbs you talk a load of bollocks sometimes. Why say Gomez is a clown cos if he joined us youd be creaming your boxers. If you believe in what CandH says then I think youre going to get shocked mate.
1 x

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am

Is a £25m player impressive these days?

Maybe ten years ago

He looks a good prospect and hopefully he’ll turn out great for us but when players like Perez are being sold for £30m I don’t see spending £25m is something tas shout about, even if you gauge players on what they cost

Especially been it’s been covered by the sale of your top scorer and you’ve saved millions by releasing the biggest sicknote since Darren Anderton
A player's ability isn't only reflected by his price tag. How much did Balbuena cost ? Or Fabianski ? On the other side of the coin how much did we waste on Andy Carroll who even 6 years ago cost more than those two put together.

And Diop, who only cost a tad more than £25 million, has proved to be pretty damn good so I'd say a £25 million player can be very impressive. Unless of course they happen to be called Tyrone Mings.
goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

Thats for whiskey not Punk.
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Ibbs you talk a load of bollocks sometimes. Why say Gomez is a clown cos if he joined us youd be creaming your boxers. If you believe in what CandH says then I think youre going to get shocked mate.
We wasted 1 month trying to get Gomez which is driving me nuts.....I hope West Ham get Haller soon whatever.
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Parry Hotter wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

We wasted 1 month trying to get Gomez which is driving me nuts.....I hope West Ham get Haller soon whatever.
If lessons werent learnt from the past i would be surprised. Doubt we wasted a month, and didnt the window only officially open 12 daya ago.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:38 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

Thats for whiskey not Punk.
With all due respect, AC was signed years ago and his price was adjusted after an unsuccessful spell on Merseyside. If he had continued his Newcastle form and not been a sick note well auntie has balls and all that!

The other examples you give are cbs and a goalkeeper, who despite VVD & MDL (I ain't spellin dutch!) are never going to be in the same bracket as goalscorers, young ones at that
0 x
You can't spell hatred without red hat.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Caboose wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Fucking right. Fucking stupid just judging a player on transfer fee size.
I agree - that was my point entirely

I was responding to a comment that we had brought in a £25m player and it sounded like we should be grateful for that but so what?? Price is irrelevant and do we really slap the club on the back because they have paid what is now a common price for a player?

It’s the least we should expect with the money they’ve saved and brought in this summer. But if they want to move up to the next level they need to start paying the big money for the proven players - that’s something they keep suggesting but failing to do either by not offering enough for players that can improve us or trying to run before they can walk by attempting to sign players that are almost certain not to be interested in joining West Ham at our current level
Last edited by punkrockhammer on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Social Media