Do you think PL Players wages should be cut by half in this current climate?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Do you think PL Players wages should be cut by half in this current climate?

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am

Thoughts?
0 x

palerider

Re: Do you think PL Players wages should be cut by half in this current climate?

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

Only a half ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

terrya1965

Re: Do you think PL Players wages should be cut by half in this current climate?

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:30 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am
Only a half ?
It would be nice if they excepted more,but I doubt it?

Let`s be honest,you can only spend money on food,toiletries and cleaning accessories at this moment in time..You don't need new trainers to show off in,do you?It`s not like they are going to run out of money anyway,is it? ;)
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:48 am

The decent ones out there will volunteer to take pay cuts anyway.

Barca players have showed the way .

Let’s hope our players do it voluntarily or donate half their wages to those that need it.

It may not always get reported but I’m willing to bet players such as Snodgrass are already doing it.

Would YOU help Sullivan out ?
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am

It’s certainly a media hot topic currently that’s focused on the very rich and their philanthropic efforts.
I agree they should btw (from upcoming salaries) but I also don’t feel that footballers need be singled out.
There’s plenty of others in equally privileged positions.

Ironically, as private health facilities gradually becomes requisitioned by the government during this crisis, then the mega rich suddenly have a selfish interest to donate as well as a philanthropical one.

As Tim said, it’s likely that a large number of big earners are probably already donating personally and quietly to NHS and other necessary funds.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Guardiola donated a million euro's recently and I would bet the Liverpool squad are doing their bit;they seem all in it together.

Marcus Rashford has his charitable foundation and plenty of others are probably helping.
0 x

Post by 9898 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:25 pm

I am sick of hearing 'football (sport in general) will change forever after this virus'. What a load of poppycock. Absolute rubbish.
Why will it change? No one has stated why it will change......because it won't.
The first industry that will be back to normal, maybe even grow, will be entertainment.
Struggling clubs will still struggle but everyone else will carry on.

Revenue streams will grow and players wages will increase.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Which is more important. A doctor, whose role in life is healing the sick, or a footballer whose job involves running around a field kicking a football occasionally. We all know the answer. But saying wages should be cut is a nonsense.

Wages would reduce tomorrow if there was a collective effort by the clubs to pay realistic salaries but of course there won't be, Law of supply and demand always wins in the end.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Always try and think what I would do in a situation,so as a PL Footballer...
Would make sure any debts I might have ...mortgages,business commitments..etc are covered..
Then be more than happy to give up the rest of a Months Salary...but only to go to those that need it,
not to save the club money...so would prob just want to do it on a personal level...not have it
docked by the club for them to use..funny if supported another club,prob be more than happy
to trust them,but with our owners,I really dont know...
(Different for clubs in Divs 1 an 2 tho...)

So would make sure Family members and Friends are not struggling first of all...then see where
else could help out..

But if was TOLD we're cutting your wages by 50% for the benefit of the club by our present owners
...they'd be finding themselves in a court case...

But to be fair would be same at all other PL Clubs...My Money.. I chose what to do with it...

Side note..was pretty certain Declan would be Staying with us for next year or 2 (if we stayed up...)
But our owners wont tolerate any financial hit in their own pockets....so as far as they are
concerned he could/would become a ..Needs Must...that's a worry
0 x

BonesWhu

Post by BonesWhu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Premiership players surrounded by so many parasites honestly can’t see it happening. Apart from few squad players I’m confident they could all take 90% pay cut and still put petrol in there Ferraris. Sign of Modern times I’m afraid. Where are my wife works people that always off sick are playin the 12 week self-isolation game on full pay and people that don’t have sick are having to cover for them. This is bringing out the best and worst of people hope bosses remember who had the Dunkirk Spirit and who had the fuck you Jack I am alright spirit when this is all over.
0 x

Social Media