The Noble Myth

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The Noble Myth

Postby palerider » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Englishhammer wrote:Back on topic....I haven't bothered reading the rest as it was hard to find anything mentioning Noble recently.

Personally, unless Noble gets his consistency back I'm happy for him to be on the bench and have Kouyate, Obiang be first choice over Nobes and youth.

I'm all for Noble starting and keeping his place, but if he doesn't perform players should be dropped. This should apply to EVERY player. Something Slav is alien to I know. I mean....when we had a RB in Byram Slav would still rather put Kouyate, Antonio, anyone else there. The man has no logic so we never know what to expect.

Spot on.

I suspect Noble will start tomorrow. If he plays well he should keep his place. If he doesn't he shouldn't as we now have options.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Englishhammer

Postby Englishhammer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:05 pm

palerider wrote:
Englishhammer wrote:Back on topic....I haven't bothered reading the rest as it was hard to find anything mentioning Noble recently.

Personally, unless Noble gets his consistency back I'm happy for him to be on the bench and have Kouyate, Obiang be first choice over Nobes and youth.

I'm all for Noble starting and keeping his place, but if he doesn't perform players should be dropped. This should apply to EVERY player. Something Slav is alien to I know. I mean....when we had a RB in Byram Slav would still rather put Kouyate, Antonio, anyone else there. The man has no logic so we never know what to expect.

Spot on.

I suspect Noble will start tomorrow. If he plays well he should keep his place. If he doesn't he shouldn't as we now have options.

Exactly. Other players isn't just about back up but competition so everyone on their toes
0 x
Atheists are intellectually lazy.

Raven

Postby Raven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 pm

English,

I reckon that Noble recognises that he is no longer the first name on the team sheet, but , as you say, he still has an important role to play.

My question is, when do we relinquish his Captaincy role and to who?

My answer is Now and to the Z man
0 x

Englishhammer

Postby Englishhammer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Raven wrote:English,

I reckon that Noble recognises that he is no longer the first name on the team sheet, but , as you say, he still has an important role to play.

I find this one very hard. Controversially I'm inclined to stick with Noble for this season. But at the same time A captain should be playing. I'd tell nobes "perform, or not only do you lose your place, but captaincy next season".
We have very few candidates i think. Hardly any natural leaders.
Zab is proven but would that cause internal problems having a newbie no matter how good he is?
If Reid was more vocal and less injury prone he would be my obvious choice. It's a tough one.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 pm

palerider wrote:

Do we ? With Kouyote out for gawd knows how long , who would you replace him with Al ?

More to the point , who would Bilic replace him with ?

I'll tell you . The same player that the Allosaurus replaced Nolan with :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Ironworksfc

Postby Ironworksfc » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Completely agree that if players don't perform, they shouldn't keep their place unless injuries state otherwise. Ding agree with the stick he gets and hope to see him start tomorrow
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 am

Newmarket wrote:
palerider wrote:

Do we ? With Kouyote out for gawd knows how long , who would you replace him with Al ?

More to the point , who would Bilic replace him with ?

I'll tell you . The same player that the Allosaurus replaced Nolan with :i am genuinely amused:

Well Tim, being West Ham fans, you and I both know that Carvalho won't be a done deal until he's signed. If he does he's a direct replacement.

But otherwise, and I'm not hoping Nobes plays like a cunt to prove a point, but Arnautovic, Obiang, Lanzini, Ayew and Antonio has a good look to it, with Fernandes waiting in the wings.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 am

Englishhammer wrote:

I find this one very hard. Controversially I'm inclined to stick with Noble for this season. But at the same time A captain should be playing. I'd tell nobes "perform, or not only do you lose your place, but captaincy next season".
We have very few candidates i think. Hardly any natural leaders.
Zab is proven but would that cause internal problems having a newbie no matter how good he is?
If Reid was more vocal and less injury prone he would be my obvious choice. It's a tough one.

A captain shouldn't be a mouse squeaking out his motivation he needs to be vocal. If players egos are so centred on who is captain then they aren't thinking what's best for the team. I would go for Zab, new or not i feel he has the better qualities of any other choice.

Mind you I base that on what I have seen of him so I might be in error.
0 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

Englishhammer

Postby Englishhammer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:27 am

I change daily.....now we are on a match day I'm more inclined Zab should captain no question if Nobes doesn't play and perform regularly. No others come close. Him and Hart are used to winning games and you can tell they were pissed off pre season letting soft goals in.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am

You can't replace your captain with a new signing.......Sends out the wrong message re club loyalty (especially as you are taking the armband away from 'Mr West Ham')

Reid for me.......He's vocal and inspirational and is West Ham.......would make a fine captain....
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”