Quina

Chat about anything football related here!
aklhammer

Quina

Post by aklhammer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 am

Seems to have gotten himself a foothold in the Watford 1st team right before we play them. Lots of Watford fans and commentators laughing at how cheap they bought him off us, that they have landed a bargain at our expense. I get the impression we were forced to sell him for something now, but have no idea what the real situation was. He scored a belter at the weekend against Cardiff. He still has a long way to go to prove he can really cut it, but did we mess up here? Would this guy have got in our 18/19 squad? Hoping he doesnt score against us because people will use it as a platform to rub it in our faces more.
0 x

Flairon

Re: Quina

Post by Flairon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 am

From what I understand, his 1st team chances were limited as a result of which he refused to sign a new contract and we were effectively forced to sell before he got to leave on a freebie.
0 x
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:11 am

Flairon wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 am
From what I understand, his 1st team chances were limited as a result of which he refused to sign a new contract and we were effectively forced to sell before he got to leave on a freebie.
I think that's pretty much right although who knows what he may have decided to do had Pellegrini been our manager at the time negotiations started which I believe was round about December. Could be wrong but my understanding is that the Watford deal was pretty much agreed in January but, for whatever reason, didn't actually happen until the simmer.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am

Moyes wanted to turn him into a 6 seater , so he fucked off.Scored a lovely goal the weekend.
I'd rather have Diagrana right now .
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am

IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am
Can't argue with that. Hope the youngster gets more play time, he has been electric everytime I've watched him.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 am

aklhammer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 am
Seems to have gotten himself a foothold in the Watford 1st team right before we play them. Lots of Watford fans and commentators laughing at how cheap they bought him off us, that they have landed a bargain at our expense. I get the impression we were forced to sell him for something now, but have no idea what the real situation was. He scored a belter at the weekend against Cardiff. He still has a long way to go to prove he can really cut it, but did we mess up here? Would this guy have got in our 18/19 squad? Hoping he doesnt score against us because people will use it as a platform to rub it in our faces more.
What difference will it make if people rub it in our faces , if the guy makes it someone made a big mistake letting him go , what difference will it make to us . Doubt any off us really understand why he was let go , especially when we had so many players even older and less gifted .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:08 am

aklhammer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am
IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am
Can't argue with that. Hope the youngster gets more play time, he has been electric everytime I've watched him.
Electric ? Hope you're not saying he was shocking. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:46 pm

We are loaded out wide. Understandable he wanted an opportunity elsewhere, equally understandable that we let him go.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:46 pm
We are loaded out wide. Understandable he wanted an opportunity elsewhere, equally understandable that we let him go.
Yep. Agree

Dont think the club did anything wrong to be honest. We have lots of attacking quality out wide and while he was an exciting prospect, the noises from both us and Chelsea were that he had an attitude that stinks and demanded to play.

Hope he does well but it was likely the right move for both parties. Grady gets to break through too.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Silly boy really because He is a " Pellegrini type player " Probably would have seen him develop nicely under the new management.
Good luck to him, he felt he had to leave in order to grow as a player because he wasn't getting a run in the team.
I like him but he still looks lightweight. Diagrana is also lightweight but posses a decent burst of speed which can get him away from the hustle sometimes. Quina from what i have seen doesn't have that burst of speed. Look at the best players in the world. Hazard can change into top gear in a second, so too Ronaldo and Messi. Arnie also has that short burst of acceleration that leaves the defender dead. If you dont have that in ya locker you need other qualities , like being strong on the ball, similar to Antonio etc etc.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media