Burnley vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Burnley vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am

Going to be a tough one as Burnley was bashed 5-1 at home against Everton and looked so poor so they will have point to prove for and Pellegrini should be aware of. The only positive is that the lack of timing if they want to improve while West Ham improved against Southampton because they have an extra day to prepare as West Ham could probably not win if it was on Boxing Day.

Squad will be unpredictable as some will rest and hopefully a couple of players will be back.

Fabianski

Zabaleta (hope he will over-come his iillness)
Diop
Ogbonna (Balbuena probably not ready yet)
Cresswell (Please never put Masuaku there)

Snoddy
Obiang
Rice
Anderson

Antonio
Chico if he passed fit or Arnie or Carroll or Perez

Hope it will be a good game and hope West Ham will be prepared and ready for any Burnley point to prove.

Predictions: Burnley 1 - 2 West Ham whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
1 x

h69

Re: Burnley vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by h69 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:36 am

Burnley 0-2 West Ham

I think they are going down regardless of this result. This will be a big transfer window for Dyche.

Burnley, Huddersfield and Fulham to go down.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:46 am

Perez isnt doing it for me , Hernandez/Carroll just dont suit our style of play or system , so Silva should get his chance .
lineup (1).png
lineup (1).png (132.12 KiB) Viewed 885 times
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
2 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Clayton wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:46 am
lineup.png

Perez isnt doing it for me , Hernandez/Carroll just dont suit our style of play or system , so Silva should get his chance .
Want to see more creativity in the middle so Anderson comes of the wing .
I seem to remember Anderson being employed infield earlier in the season to little effect. I think isolating him out wide with the option to drift in is much more effective as it allows him to use his pace and move between the lines better. Put him at the No. 10 role and he'd probably be marked out of the game. Seeing as it's Burnley and presuming that neither Arnie or Chicha are available I would play either Snodgrass or Noble in the forward mid position, ahead of Rice and Obiang and lets see the Silva kid, he can't be worse than Perez was in the box!

Fabs

Zabs, Diop Ogbog, Cress

Rice Obiang

Snoddy/Noble

Antonio Anderson

Silva
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Haribo

Post by Haribo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:51 pm

I've never seen him play but I thought he was a winger
0 x

Haribo

Post by Haribo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Sorry Silva I mean
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:23 pm
Clayton wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:46 am
lineup.png

Want to see more creativity in the middle so Anderson comes of the wing .
I seem to remember Anderson being employed infield earlier in the season to little effect. I think isolating him out wide with the option to drift in is much more effective as it allows him to use his pace and move between the lines better. Put him at the No. 10 role and he'd probably be marked out of the game. Seeing as it's Burnley and presuming that neither Arnie or Chicha are available I would play either Snodgrass or Noble in the forward mid position, ahead of Rice and Obiang and lets see the Silva kid, he can't be worse than Perez was in the box!

Fabs

Zabs, Diop Ogbog, Cress

Rice Obiang

Snoddy/Noble

Antonio Anderson

Silva
Bit harsh on Perez imo. Had two decent chances, the first admittedly he totally mishit, but the second would have been a goal had it not been for an excellent last ditch tackle by the Saints defender which sent it out for a corner. I'd like to see Silva because, by all accounts, he is something of a talent. But I would bet Pellegrini will break him in gently and introduce him from the bench in one or two PL games, or maybe throw him in against Birmingham in the cup like he did with Diangana against Macclesfield earlier in the season.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

deanox

Post by deanox » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:25 pm

I think he will give Perez another game, unless he is looking at playing Carroll who can help defend corners and free kicks as I'm sure Burnley will try and out muscle us on set pieces.
IMO this probably isn't the game to start Silva, I would let him have his chance against Birmingham and only bring him on if we were a few goals up and cruising.
But to be honest if Arnie and Hernandez are back I doubt he will even make the bench.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Perez will start, there's no way Pelle will chuck Silva in for his first start against the 'robust' defence of Burnley.

Arnie should be on the bench and would expect him to start against Brighton.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Cresswell, as he looked impressive overlapping Pam last night, and defensively we looked much better on the left. Might be too soon for Zaba so probably something like;

Fabianski

Antonio Diop Ogbonna Cresswell

Snodders Noble Rice Obiang Anderson

Perez
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm

hd1 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:20 pm
Perez will start, there's no way Pelle will chuck Silva in for his first start against the 'robust' defence of Burnley.

Arnie should be on the bench and would expect him to start against Brighton.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Cresswell, as he looked impressive overlapping Pam last night, and defensively we looked much better on the left. Might be too soon for Zaba so probably something like;

Fabianski

Antonio Diop Ogbonna Cresswell

Snodders Noble Rice Obiang Anderson

Perez
I think they said Zabaleta was ill, rather than injured, so I guess it depends on the illness. I'd imagine Cresswell will start as he did nothing wrong against Saints. Wouldn't imagine it'll be too different to Saints game tbh. If fit I'd expect Zabaleta to start at RB with Antonio taking Diangana's place in the starting line up.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media