West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by h69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm
The back four today were tremendous and played as a unit , especially the way our midfield played in support as well . Rice was outstanding and Noble managed to play at full intensity while he was on , probably knowing when he was coming off . Pellegrini has got it sussed and realises that Noble cannot play consecutive games for the full 90 minutes . As for our attack Nasri has made all the difference with the way our game flows .
Agree. I thought Noble ran himself into the ground today alngside the excellent Rice and Nasri was superb. Pellegrini knew what he was doing getting him in despite some opposition. Anderson was Excellent, Antonio just needs composure and a final ball to be a real weapon.

As for Arnie. Gave his all today so no problem. If he goes so be it if not I am sure he will continue to be a good player.
Has not caused any issues, made no statements but players come and go and unlike Payet, he looks like he will keep playing properly until he has left so I have no issue with it. Been an excellent player so far for us.

I doubt Liverpool will relish playing us as teams that pass the ball seem to play into our hands at home now.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:35 pm

h69 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm
Clayton wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm
The back four today were tremendous and played as a unit , especially the way our midfield played in support as well . Rice was outstanding and Noble managed to play at full intensity while he was on , probably knowing when he was coming off . Pellegrini has got it sussed and realises that Noble cannot play consecutive games for the full 90 minutes . As for our attack Nasri has made all the difference with the way our game flows .
Agree. I thought Noble ran himself into the ground today alngside the excellent Rice and Nasri was superb. Pellegrini knew what he was doing getting him in despite some opposition. Anderson was Excellent, Antonio just needs composure and a final ball to be a real weapon.

As for Arnie. Gave his all today so no problem. If he goes so be it if not I am sure he will continue to be a good player.
Has not caused any issues, made no statements but players come and go and unlike Payet, he looks like he will keep playing properly until he has left so I have no issue with it. Been an excellent player so far for us.

I doubt Liverpool will relish playing us as teams that pass the ball seem to play into our hands at home now.
Good post but Liverpool and City and in another league to the rest.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

I had a bloody brilliant time today! We were great. Diop would have been MOTM had Rice not scored the goal, but Dec absolutely deserved it as a result.

Nobes was fantastic too, as was Cress and I thought Anderson and Antonio had great games too.

Glad Arnie came off, as the frustration showed.

Ground was pumping, as was Carpenters afterwards.

All that, and I got a cheeky photo opp with Marlon AND got myself interviewed by Australian tv, as seen by anyone who has me on Facebook or Twitter 8-)
3 x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bubbles (noun)
1. A thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or another gas.
2. Michael Jackson's monkey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:41 pm
A regal Austrian wave...we have had worse.
Better than the Austrian wave, recently used by Wayne Hennessey....
4 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Towie wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm
Just back from game, got to take missus out now!

Anyway, think back 12 months to the Moyes sit on your 18yd box defending for life drab 0-0 with Arsenal.

Now compare to the way we went toe to toe with them this time, playing especially first half the better football.

Thanks Pelle, I’m enjoying my football again.
The difference from now to 12 months ago is almost total mate.
12 months ago was a toxic mess that turned into a civil war between fans and brought about some of the darkest days I’ve ever known as a WHU supporter.
The club need to use these good times as a platform of momentum to push on and not use them as a buffer for more mediocrity.
Hopefully this will be the case.
3 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm
Towie wrote:

Anyway, think back 12 months to the Moyes sit on your 18yd box defending for life drab 0-0 with Arsenal.

Now compare to the way we went toe to toe with them this time, playing especially first half the better football.

12 months ago was a toxic mess that turned into a civil war between fans and brought about some of the darkest days I’ve ever known as a WHU supporter.
The club need to use these good times as a platform of momentum to push on and not use them as a buffer for more mediocrity.
Probably needed them dark days for the twins to realize its build or go.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Well done to all with special mention to Declan. :D
1 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm
Towie wrote:

You are spot on, but mainly I was referring to the style of football, and how we are happy to go toe to toe with the big boys.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

1985whu

Post by 1985whu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 pm
Well done to all with special mention to Declan. :D
I've just got back to Dorsetshire after the game and am reasonably happy. Good to get 3 pts but also a clean sheet.

I thought Arsenal were fucking dogshit though, it has to be said that Abameyang and Lacazette were poo. Ramsey was their only decent player and he didn't even play the whole game.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Brilliant performance, great result.
Pellegrini's absolutely world class. Exciting times ahead.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media