West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
downunda

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by downunda » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 pm
BCHammer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 pm

He really upped his game under Moyes in a back 5 and looked pretty decent at times.

But in a back 4 he is atrocious and nothing but a liability.

I thought at the end of last season it looked like he had legs to run out of defense and would be good for Pelle's system, but it just looks he doesn't have a clue whats going on a round him.
Mate I used to be a central defender at my peak (yeah ok it wasn't a high peak) and if I was the left side of a defensive partnership having to cover either Masuaku or Cresswell I'd have been tearing my fucking hair out.

We have to look at the bigger picture imo.
I would say its more like, Diop getting the Jitters not knowing what Ogbonna will do next.
1 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 am

downunda wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 am

I would say its more like, Diop getting the Jitters not knowing what Ogbonna will do next.
Diop had been playing on that left hand side along with Balbuena, and I, like you feel that he has not got that confidence with Oggy as he had earlier on with Balbuena. It almost looks like he is expecting Oggy to make an error and is pulled out of position going to cover it. The same can be said when he was on the left side covering Arthur.
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:47 am

I was quite confident earlier in the week about getting a result,bit after the Arnie shenanigans,now I'm not so sure.

Pissed me right off tbh.I'll be surprised if he plays.We will see.Do think there will a few goals,but Arnie just might have upset the apple cart.We will just have to wait and see.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:13 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:47 am
I was quite confident earlier in the week about getting a result,bit after the Arnie shenanigans,now I'm not so sure.

Pissed me right off tbh.I'll be surprised if he plays.We will see.Do think there will a few goals,but Arnie just might have upset the apple cart.We will just have to wait and see.
We have done alright when he hasn't played Terry, in fact the 6 PL games he hasn't played in we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 and scored a few goals as well, if he plays he will come in for some stick, mainly from the gooners, I would of thought. Hopefully our lot will have a bit more tolerance, but you never know. I think we should take a leaf out of Paleriders book.....And respect the point. ( But I still think we could just nick the 3 points.... :lol: )
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:13 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:47 am

We have done alright when he hasn't played Terry, in fact the 6 PL games he hasn't played in we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 and scored a few goals as well, if he plays he will come in for some stick, mainly from the gooners, I would of thought. Hopefully our lot will have a bit more tolerance, but you never know. I think we should take a leaf out of Paleriders book.....And respect the point. ( But I still think we could just nick the 3 points.... :lol: )
I actually think the opposite

If he plays, I think he’ll have his name booed and unpleasant songs sung about him tbh

Can’t see him wanting to risk any injury and MP wanting a negative atmosphere, either
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 am
andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:13 am

If he plays, I think he’ll have his name booed and unpleasant songs sung about him tbh
So once again the infamous "twelfth man" will be turning out for the opposition.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am
punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 am

So once again the infamous "twelfth man" will be turning out for the opposition.
It’s just how it is these days

I’ve not read one suppprtice comment anywhere about Arnie so you have to assume he would get a rough ride

Personally, I think we need him today but fuck knows where his head is so I guess he’ll have ‘a niggle’
0 x

Haribo

Post by Haribo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am
It’s just how it is these days

I’ve not read one suppprtice comment anywhere about Arnie so you have to assume he would get a rough ride

Personally, I think we need him today but fuck knows where his head is so I guess he’ll have ‘a niggle’
I actually think it's the perfect time to play him, when I've watched him before getting a lot of stick he has done everything he can with his performance to stick two fingers up.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am

Just our luck that having had their defence decimated for weeks with injuries L'Arse have almost a full strength squad to pick from today.

I'm not confident.
1 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 am

Call me a nutcase but i really fancy us today. 2-1.

COYI whufc_crest
0 x

Social Media