West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Towie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am
punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 am

I actually think the opposite

If he plays, I think he’ll have his name booed and unpleasant songs sung about him tbh
So once again the infamous "twelfth man" will be turning out for the opposition.
Well I won’t be booing him today, and hope others don’t too.
The result is the main thing today, a happy Arnie we have a chance. A moody Arnie because fans booing him will be like playing with 10 men.

Let’s get behind him and cheer him on.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am

Towie wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am
Whiskyman wrote:

So once again the infamous "twelfth man" will be turning out for the opposition.
Well I won’t be booing him today, and hope others don’t too.
The result is the main thing today, a happy Arnie we have a chance. A moody Arnie because fans booing him will be like playing with 10 men.

Let’s get behind him and cheer him on.
I hope there’s no silly bollocks booing today.
Nasri will already be getting it from the Arsenal away end so the last thing we should be doing is booing our own players (player) FFS.
Regardless of what anyone’s thoughts are it’s completely self-defeating.

That said..... if he’s walking around sulking and we’re 3 down at half time I think people’s attitudes may change rapidly.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:57 am

downunda wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:19 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Don't know how long you've been following the Hammers mate but there have been a lot worse than Ogbonna. I can remember Neil Ruddock, Matthew Upson, Gary Breen our own James Tomkins who, imo, avoided a lot of criticism because he was home grown, and of course the 3 standouts, for me at least, Gary Strodder, Paul Hilton and Colin Foster.
I never said Ogbonna was the worst player I have seen mate. In my opinion he was once a good player but I have very little confidence in his ability now days.

He is happier when Carroll is playing because it gives him the option to just hoof the ball forward instead of playing out from the back. This is something he is not confidant doing and can easily get caught out.

Statistics aren’t the only thing to go by, I prefer to watch the game, normally more than once and judge on what I see. Obviously this then comes down to a matter of opinion, this is why I don’t fully agree with your comments regarding the players above.

The length of time being a West Ham supporter is certainly not relative to a person’s knowledge of a player’s performance within a team. Having said that, as an ex season ticket holder, and first attending Upton Park in the mid sixties, I don’t really think that should come into question.
I can't watch when the ball goes near Oggy. How can you clear yer lines and put it str8 into the other players foot. Not even a player from their side made a pass better than that. The guy doesn't give a shit, if he did he would pump the ball into row Z. Not for me Oggy.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 am

To be fair, I pay my money for my seat and the Arnautovic brothers are being cunts...

I think we are fully entitled to call him a cunt today.

I should expect it will be dependent on his attitude (and how well we are playing in general) IMO.
0 x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bubbles (noun)
1. A thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or another gas.
2. Michael Jackson's monkey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 am

Anyone got the odds on Arnie being red carded today......? Might be worth a slight wager
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 am
Whiskyman wrote:

It’s just how it is these days

I’ve not read one suppprtice comment anywhere about Arnie so you have to assume he would get a rough ride

Personally, I think we need him today but fuck knows where his head is so I guess he’ll have ‘a niggle’
I'm a bit disappointed with Marko and here's why - He is the star,he earns the big bucks and does the grind and yet he allows his brother to interfere and comment on his personal work relations whilst he is supposed to be going about his work business.Totally unacceptable.

That smacks of weakness right there. Award yourself non hero status Marko, a merit badge for stupidity achievement and take all your trousers back from when you got them,because clearly you don't wear them either in the house or outside
Last edited by BlackDiamond on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 am

1 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 am

Squad has been announced on West Ham United main website live blog.

Fabianski

Zabaleta
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Noble (c)

Nasri
Antonio
Anderson

Arnautovic

Subs:

Adrian
Masuaku
Obiang
Snodgrass
Diangana
Perez
Carroll

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Looking good but hopefully Arnautovic will focus today as I am not happy with his and his stupid brother attitude of wanting to leave.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 am

Changing my prediction after seeing the lineup , its the best we could put out , considering . Great to see Cresswell and Nasri picked to start , and the 3 A's up front when in attack mode 4-3-3 . Going for a 3-1 win , that's how optimistic I am .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 am

Clayton wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 am
Changing my prediction after seeing the lineup , its the best we could put out , considering . Great to see Cresswell and Nasri picked to start , and the 3 A's up front . Going for a 3-1 win , that's how optimistic I am .
Hope you are right!

Hope for a 4-3-3 in attacking with balls and 4-2-3-1 when defending without ball.
1 x

Social Media