China come in for Arnie!!

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: China come in for Arnie!!

Post by Hammertime » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Not talking about that, he was baiting the fans as unrealistic and the whole, what did we expect and we're going nowhere bullshit.

Edit to post:

Fans that called in didn't take the bait and well represented I think what most of us feel. He's not bigger than the club, the club have every right to drive this price up, 40 + mill for a player of his age is well worth it and if he leaves in this window our season's fucked!
I dont see how our season is fucked. We cannot get relegated. Big ask to finish 7th and we havent won a cup since 1980.
Arnie bagged 2 lovely goals last game but to be honest i think we play better as a team without Arnie.
Ok maybe a little overdramatic, but if we do get north of 40 mill for him now, we won't be able to replace him in this window and will then find ourselves with Carroll, Chicharito, Antonio and Perez as our striking options for the remainder of the season. So instead of a push to be the best of the rest and make a good cup run, we're fucked!
0 x
You can't spell hatred without red hat.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

I dont see how our season is fucked. We cannot get relegated. Big ask to finish 7th and we havent won a cup since 1980.
Arnie bagged 2 lovely goals last game but to be honest i think we play better as a team without Arnie.
Ok maybe a little overdramatic, but if we do get north of 40 mill for him now, we won't be able to replace him in this window and will then find ourselves with Carroll, Chicharito, Antonio and Perez as our striking options for the remainder of the season. So instead of a push to be the best of the rest and make a good cup run, we're fucked!
Dont forget Silva ! Who I think will surprise a few .
0 x

Post by 21212 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Don't forget, I stated on her a couple of months ago that he wanted out, I could tell by his body language and effort levels. People on here argued, like little kids saying he lived West Ham.

The Numbers. Correctimondo.
0 x

Post by 21212 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm this window I'd like to see us:
Sell Arnautovic.
Sell Anderson.
Sell Masuaku.
Sell Diangana if we can get £3-4 million as he would not make it

Go all out to sign Lacazette and Van Arnholt ( I said we should have signed Van Arnholt 3 years ago).

Big push again in the sumner for further quality.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

21212 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Sell Arnautovic.
Sell Anderson.
Sell Masuaku.

Go all out to sign Lacazette and Van Arnholt ( I said we should have signed Van Arnholt 3 years ago).

The same Lacazette that told us to fuck off a couple of years ago? Doubt he’s regretting anything, even if he’s on the bench recently. We’ll end up with another one that rejected us before in Batshuayi as a makeweight or loan if Arnie goes to Chelsea as Valencia want to cancel his loan

I’d like VA, though
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Clayton wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm
Trouble is £40M don't even get you Callum Wilson. Fuck sake there are rumours bouncing about that the dippers are sniffing around James Tarkowski for between £50-£65M depending on which reports you read. FIFTY MILLION ODD QUID!! For James Tarkowski for Christs sake!! :lol: :lol:

If we sell Arnie, my question is WHO do we replace him with for £40M?
Its been reported that Bournemouth want close to £70m for Wilson .
I want £1.25 mill for my house.

I won't get it though. ;)
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm
21212 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Sell Arnautovic.
Sell Anderson.
Sell Masuaku.

The same Lacazette that told us to fuck off a couple of years ago? Doubt he’s regretting anything, even if he’s on the bench recently. We’ll end up with another one that rejected us before in Batshuayi as a makeweight or loan if Arnie goes to Chelsea as Valencia want to cancel his loan

I’d like VA, though
Lacazetter didn't tell us to fuck off. He said he'd prefer to join Arsenal who either offered him more money or a better chance of medals. There is a massive difference. I would be over the moon if we signed him. But we won't.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm
punkrockhammer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I’d like VA, though
Lacazetter didn't tell us to fuck off. He said he'd prefer to join Arsenal who either offered him more money or a better chance of medals. There is a massive difference. I would be over the moon if we signed him. But we won't.
Semantics

I doubt he used the words “fuck off”, but rejecting us for another club has the same result

I don’t see what would change his mind now other than playing every game but he hasn’t kicked up a fuss about being on the bench as far as I know

And you’re right, we won’t sign him
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Semantics

I doubt he used the words “fuck off”, but rejecting us for another club has the same result
True. But if I was asked if I wanted to go for a drink after work with a tasty brunette and told her to fuck off I doubt she'd ask me again. If I politely declined saying I had a prior engagement but was flattered by her request I'd hope she might.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

There's a sell on clause ain't there? Don't Stoke get like 20%? £35M suddenly looks like fucking peanuts.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Social Media