Grim news on Balbuena

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Can't blame the club for Yarmelenko. Lanzini, Sanchez, Fredericks,Reid and now Balbuena.
Well.... there’s always the debate that the training ground (old and new) and facilities haven’t been and still aren’t what would be considered suitable for elite-level athletes.
Difficult to prove it may be but it’s not beyond plausible that our players are not physically at the peak condition that the modern PL requires and these frequent & lengthy injuries are a symptom?

The point is..... even if it’s ‘only’ debatable..... why, as a Premier League club would you even take the chance?
Danny said that they are making upgrades at the moment so hopefully things will improve.

But what struck me was that they were talking about putting in a swimming pool as if they were landing a probe on Mars :lol:
Our training facilities need more than an upgrade mate. Don't know where you live but if you get the chance visit Spurs training HQ in Enfield, Chelsea's in Cobham or Arsenal's in London Colney. If you've seen Rush Green and visit any of those you'll understand why.

The facilities might not be the reason for all the injuries, but if you're trying to sell the club to a prospective employee, including medical and fitness staff, the facilities sure help.
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Well.... there’s always the debate that the training ground (old and new) and facilities haven’t been and still aren’t what would be considered suitable for elite-level athletes.
Difficult to prove it may be but it’s not beyond plausible that our players are not physically at the peak condition that the modern PL requires and these frequent & lengthy injuries are a symptom?

The point is..... even if it’s ‘only’ debatable..... why, as a Premier League club would you even take the chance?
Danny said that they are making upgrades at the moment so hopefully things will improve.

But what struck me was that they were talking about putting in a swimming pool as if they were landing a probe on Mars :lol:
Our training facilities need more than an upgrade mate. Don't know where you live but if you get the chance visit Spurs training HQ in Enfield, Chelsea's in Cobham or Arsenal's in London Colney. If you've seen Rush Green and visit any of those you'll understand why.

The facilities might not be the reason for all the injuries, but if you're trying to sell the club to a prospective employee, including medical and fitness staff, the facilities sure help.
Yeah I’ve seen videos etc of the Spuds and Plastics training and development centres mate and as you say they’re just on another planet.
As I said whether or not our shithole contributes directly or indirectly towards the copious long-term injuries is up for debate (i’ve certainly run out of any other common denominators) but I bet a certain Gary Lewin would have an opinion on that.
Also, you’re bang on about it being a vital component of the club’s sell-on value.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Yeah I’ve seen videos etc of the Spuds and Plastics training and development centres mate and, as you say they’re just on another planet.
As I said whether or not our shithole contributes directly or indirectly towards the copious long-term injuries is up for debate (i’ve certainly run out of any other common denominators) but I bet a certain Gary Lewin would have an opinion on that.
Also, you’re bang on about it being a vital component of the club’s sell-on value.
I've visited City's training facilities. Never been to ours.

But I doubt I'd be far off the mark if I said it was like comparing St.Moritz to the Aldershot artificial ski-slope.
1 x
I will not be widiculed by the common soldierwy.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Yeah I’ve seen videos etc of the Spuds and Plastics training and development centres mate and, as you say they’re just on another planet.
I've visited City's training facilities. Never been to ours.

But I doubt I'd be far off the mark if I said it was like comparing St.Moritz to the Aldershot artificial ski-slope.
It’s going to have a swimming pool soon though ;)
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Wasn't so much thinking sell on Tone, although you're right of course, I was thinking more of showing a prospective new player around the place. There is a kid from my town (Welwyn Garden City) who has just broken into the Spurs first team. He was West Ham mad as a nipper but when it came to the crunch he saw what we had to offer, as well as Spurs and Arsenal and made his choice.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Wasn't so much thinking sell on Tone, although you're right of course, I was thinking more of showing a prospective new player around the place. There is a kid from my town (Welwyn Garden City) who has just broken into the Spurs first team. He was West Ham mad as a nipper but when it came to the crunch he saw what we had to offer, as well as Spurs and Arsenal and made his choice.
Yeah I get your point Whisk.
Another VERY good reason to sort the shithole out.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

ToneLoc wrote:

Let me know when its ready Tone........Looks enticing though..... :lol:

dumpster-pool-01.jpg
dumpster-pool-01.jpg (41.57 KiB) Viewed 114 times
3 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

dumpster-pool-01.jpg
:lol:
That’s Lanzini climbing in to do a bit of muscle relaxation work.
1 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

dumpster-pool-01.jpg
:lol:
That’s Lanzini climbing in to do a bit of muscle relaxation work.
He looks a bit rusty...... :lol: :lol:
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Sorry but that bollocks . We’ve ALWAYS been cursed .

Trouble is , and I don’t know why , somebody somewhere does , the club don’t help themselves do they ?
Can't blame the club for Yarmelenko. Lanzini, Sanchez, Fredericks,Reid and now Balbuena.
Hmm. You may be right about most but the Balbuena one worries me a little. He was injured against Watford and it was some time before it was decided a minor operation was needed. Is it maybe possible that an earlier, correct, diagnosis of his problem may either have prevented the need for such an op, or enabled the player to receive his treatment earlier ? Don't think it's the first time such a situation has happened either is it ?
1 x

Social Media