Page 3 of 3

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 am
by IronsForever
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am
IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm


Can't blame the club for Yarmelenko. Lanzini, Sanchez, Fredericks,Reid and now Balbuena.
Hmm. You may be right about most but the Balbuena one worries me a little. He was injured against Watford and it was some time before it was decided a minor operation was needed. Is it maybe possible that an earlier, correct, diagnosis of his problem may either have prevented the need for such an op, or enabled the player to receive his treatment earlier ? Don't think it's the first time such a situation has happened either is it ?
i believe its a knee injury. Same injury which he had surgery for before.

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
by terrya1965
Heard it will be back in 8 weeks.

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 am
by IronsForever
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
Heard it will be back in 8 weeks.
Just amazing. We just can't have things going sweet for a decent period. Now we have Diop panicking cause Oggy is beside him.

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 am
by terrya1965
IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
Heard it will be back in 8 weeks.
Just amazing. We just can't have things going sweet for a decent period. Now we have Diop panicking cause Oggy is beside him.
If we can progress in the Cup and get him back for the latter rounds.it would be good.

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm
by Whiskyman
IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
Heard it will be back in 8 weeks.
Just amazing. We just can't have things going sweet for a decent period. Now we have Diop panicking cause Oggy is beside him.
No panic on the evidence of today's performance.

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:21 pm
by hd1
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm
No panic on the evidence of today's performance.
Perhaps they are getting used to playing together, also Cresswell seems to be back to his best

Re: Grim news on Balbuena

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 pm
by Whiskyman
hd1 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:21 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm
No panic on the evidence of today's performance.
Perhaps they are getting used to playing together, also Cresswell seems to be back to his best
You're probably right. Plus Diop is becoming more accustomed to playing on the right side of defence although he seems to prefer the left.