West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Say what you like about the moody Frenchman, his departure wasn't about increasing his paypacket. And just because Arnie is getting his brother to throw the spanner in the works, does that make him any better?
Should Arnautovic leave I'd be inclined to view him as we do Payet. Perhaps even less so, because Payet's talent was always there. It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic.
Strange thing is I’d have Payet back tomorrow . I’m not sure I would Arnautovic if he left in these circumstances.

Why do we always seem to be over reliant on one certain player ? There’s no denying it’s becoming habit.
So would I

Most flamboyant, naturally gifted player I’ve ever seen play for us, including the legends like Brooking and PDC
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 am

Hildreth_1101 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm
I agree with the post, very good post but the reality seems to be that we're unable to keep hold of players who show a level above where we are (A mid table team) - Whether it's to China or the Champions League, it's a shame because part of me imagines a team with Arnie, Anderson, Payet, Lanzini in it and drools but in the way football is, it's unlikely we can get to that level of the top 6.

We had so much turmoil, I just want us to be like Everton and be nowhere near relegation for the majority of the past 10-20 years, be a step in the right direction to me - MP is a great manager and having him here is fantastic but it won't last for very long so my only hope is he builds foundations for the next person, who has a similar philosophy to come in and do work.

As for Arnie, he can do a good job for us for next few years if his mentality is right, but if he loses his mentality than he's better off gone, he's one of our best players, between him, Diop, Fabianski and Anderson so keeping him is an obvious plus - See how he plays tomorrow, if he doesn't give 100% you know the fans will be on his back.
Fuck being Everton (who we are currently above btw ;) )
0 x

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 am

Well fuck me with a fish fork Arnie starts, let's hope he plays great scores 8 pushing his price up over the 100 mil level.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:51 am

Macca666 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 am
Well fuck me with a fish fork Arnie starts, let's hope he plays great scores 8 pushing his price up over the 100 mil level.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Is that pounds sterling or Chinese Yuan.......
0 x

Social Media