Will Lanzini be the same player?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Will Lanzini be the same player?

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am

BCHammer wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
I doubt he will be the same and will continue to pick up niggly injuries all the time.

What pisses me off the most is that he didn't pick it up even playing for us. But maybe it is a blessing in disguise, if he had shone at the WC playing with Messi maybe he would already be at Barca or the dippers etc
Surely better if he had shone in the WC and moved on for a decent fee than for his career to simply fizzle out because of injury.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:03 am

The problem now is that Lanzini will be dying to get on that pitch once fit.
For me his age is the saving grace. 29 years old, closing in on 30 no chance!! almost 26 he can recover!! and if we get 25 to 30 games a season from him , that would be mega for West Ham.

What value would you put on this quartet IF they are on top form and fit.

Declan Rice
Arnie
Anderson
Lanzini.

I am seeing a better player than Marhrez in Anderson. 70 million in todays market
40 for Arnie
50 Million for Rice
And if Lanzini is back he must be 40 million. 200 Million worth of assets there
ts
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am
BCHammer wrote:
I doubt he will be the same and will continue to pick up niggly injuries all the time.

What pisses me off the most is that he didn't pick it up even playing for us. But maybe it is a blessing in disguise, if he had shone at the WC playing with Messi maybe he would already be at Barca or the dippers etc
Surely better if he had shone in the WC and moved on for a decent fee than for his career to simply fizzle out because of injury.
I don’t think a Gamma Ray Burst could’ve shone in that Argentina squad at the World Cup.
Complete pile o shite !
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am

I don’t think a Gamma Ray Burst could’ve shone in that Argentina squad at the World Cup.
Complete pile o shite !
They was poor but they was unlucky losing to France who won it. Should of done better though with the players theyve got.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am

Who knows.

But what seems certain to me is that he shouldn't play this season. Rushing him back too soon could be a very bad move. It's not as if we'll be in a relegation scrap with 6 winnable games left at the ILS.

Mind you this is West Ham ;)
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 am

Parry Hotter wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am
ToneLoc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 am

Complete pile o shite !
They was poor but they was unlucky losing to France who won it. Should of done better though with the players theyve got.
I think that a number of teams “appeared” to be unlucky to lose to France in that World Cup.
But, imo this was down to Deschamps’s pragmatic style in which France allowed teams to come at them but then just took them apart with rare but deadly forays foreward due to the mind-boggling quality they had in their attack.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am

As you say age is on his side , all we can do is hope he has no problems , but as with all injuries little niggles can be a constant worry .Lets hope he is not rushed back into the fray to early .
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am

Truly hope so,on his day a fantastic player
Maybe a few cameo appearances when we are 3 or 4 up ;)

Don't rush back son.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm

BCHammer wrote:

How is that a blessing? There’s a big chance he’s not going to be able to be the player he was, yet we’ve lost out on at least three quarters of a season of a fully working Lanzini

If he had gone to the WC he more than likely wouldn’t have gone to a bigger club until Jan, meaning we would have seen a fully working Lanzini for half a season and trousered enough money to get in a decent replacement. I actually don’t think either of the clubs mentioned would have bought him anyway, by the way

As for getting the injury not playing for us, he would more than likely pick to train with the Argentina squad than play for us every time
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 pm

He plays when he is fit and ready. Leaving him out for the season 'just to be on the safe side' will not do him any favours and will not make him any stronger or less vulnerable.

Each player is different and it's impossible to tell how well he really has recovered, but plenty of players have and continued to play tot he top level so there's no reason he shouldn't other than it's our medical team sorting him out!
0 x

Social Media