Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5363
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 235
x 280

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 pm

What bollocks do we have in the team? How many can win 50/50 tackles and stick their foot in? Chico, NO. Nor Anderson, Lanzini because of the injury. Snoddy can but miss times his tackles and gives free kicks. Diop can but Cress and Fredericks are iffy.So the entire offensive that started today and not going to put their foot in . Only Rice can in the middle because Snoddy and Noble are mostly too slow to put in a tackle. Point is Warnock knew we have a lot of puff fairy's in this team so he got his players to go as tight as possible when we had the ball with another player close by in case he got turned. Brighton did the same. We rolled over and said fuck it.
3 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1599
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 98

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by jameskel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:49 pm

The "West Ham" way, summed up nicely
1 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC
x 1
x 59

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BCHammer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 am

Whenever I get up at 7am to watch, we lose. I predicted a 3-0 win too, should have known better.

Pellegrini got it wrong. Geo was right, Pam should have been rested for this one and Antonio should have started.

Yes, his shooting was horrific again, but he is the only one who at least attempts to shoot! The others try to tippy tap it into the back of the net and that will never work against a team like Cardiff.

Pam, Nasri a& Lanzini trying to nutmeg and dance around blokes like Arter, Bennett and Gunnarsson is just ridiculous. Drive at them and force them into mistakes, Watford & Everton managed it, why can't we?

Snodgrass is only any good for set pieces, but we had 3 corners I think and one free kick in their half, so if we are not going to do anything to get said pieces, he is worthless on the pitch. But he pretty much had to start as I dont think we can have Lanzini & Nasri in there, far too lightweight.

Arnie & Antonio should have been on from the start instead of Pam & Chicha, and should be for Huddersfield.

Chicharito was shocking and that dive was disgusting.

I thought Fredericks was OK first half, but lost his composure. I do think he will come good, that being said I think Zaba will be better against the udders.

There are only ever two who are always deserving of praise - Super Fab & Basmati Busquets.

Diop & Oggy were good, but again we conceded two and both could have done better.

But it does have to be said Cardiff played very well today, they didn't just put 10 behind the ball and counter either, they went for us. Fair play to them, the time wasting by feigning injuries not withstanding. That Victor Camarasa looks a real nifty player too.

Also thought the ref was very good today as well.
1 x

User avatar
thomasswe
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:52 pm
x 17
x 44

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by thomasswe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 am

This inconsistency needs to be adressed - the quality of the squad is stronger than it's been in years but the level of performance is like flipping a coin - you never know which side of us is gonna turn up.

I think Pelle got the selection wrong today, He went with keeping the winning side and it didn't work out. The form of Anderson and Snodgrass has been off for a while and Antonio should have strated. His shooting is frustrationg as hell as he goes or 100% power each time (he'll probably score a screamer some day) but it's just too wasteful as he does every part before the actual shot so well.

Chica looks like a passenger and even if Arnie might have motivation issues he is our best option upfront.

Subbing Lanzini was the wrong call as he was the one player in the first half wholooked up for it, Snod should have gone off.

I have doubts that Fredericks is going to be a long term solution at RB - a decent backup maybe but i fel his decisionmaking and positioning is lacking. He was out for some time so he might still improve.
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7342
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
x 193
x 516

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 am

thomasswe wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 am
This inconsistency needs to be adressed - the quality of the squad is stronger than it's been in years but the level of performance is like flipping a coin - you never know which side of us is gonna turn up.

I think Pelle got the selection wrong today, He went with keeping the winning side and it didn't work out. The form of Anderson and Snodgrass has been off for a while and Antonio should have strated. His shooting is frustrationg as hell as he goes or 100% power each time (he'll probably score a screamer some day) but it's just too wasteful as he does every part before the actual shot so well.

Chica looks like a passenger and even if Arnie might have motivation issues he is our best option upfront.

Subbing Lanzini was the wrong call as he was the one player in the first half wholooked up for it, Snod should have gone off.

I have doubts that Fredericks is going to be a long term solution at RB - a decent backup maybe but i fel his decisionmaking and positioning is lacking. He was out for some time so he might still improve.
Agreed.

The fact that Hernandez 'works hard', and at times I'd question that, is immaterial. He hasn't the pace or the power to be a real threat in the PL. He's a poacher. And on the wane at that. He shouldn't have played yesterday and MP got that wrong.

Gonzo said on his transfer budget video that he'd be worth keeping. I disagree. he needs offloading and if Arnautiovic does go we need two strikers in the Summer.

Gomez and Ismail Sarr from Rennes.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5363
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 235
x 280

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:41 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 am
thomasswe wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 am
This inconsistency needs to be adressed - the quality of the squad is stronger than it's been in years but the level of performance is like flipping a coin - you never know which side of us is gonna turn up.

I think Pelle got the selection wrong today, He went with keeping the winning side and it didn't work out. The form of Anderson and Snodgrass has been off for a while and Antonio should have strated. His shooting is frustrationg as hell as he goes or 100% power each time (he'll probably score a screamer some day) but it's just too wasteful as he does every part before the actual shot so well.

Chica looks like a passenger and even if Arnie might have motivation issues he is our best option upfront.

Subbing Lanzini was the wrong call as he was the one player in the first half wholooked up for it, Snod should have gone off.

I have doubts that Fredericks is going to be a long term solution at RB - a decent backup maybe but i fel his decisionmaking and positioning is lacking. He was out for some time so he might still improve.
Agreed.

The fact that Hernandez 'works hard', and at times I'd question that, is immaterial. He hasn't the pace or the power to be a real threat in the PL. He's a poacher. And on the wane at that. He shouldn't have played yesterday and MP got that wrong.

Gonzo said on his transfer budget video that he'd be worth keeping. I disagree. he needs offloading and if Arnautiovic does go we need two strikers in the Summer.

Gomez and Ismail Sarr from Rennes.
Chico isn't suited to the premiership anymore. Lots of clubs play 1 striker and 2 or 3 offensive behind with 2 holding. The lone striker MUST hold onto that ball when we are moving out. he has to be able to control it and hold off the marker and lay it off to the advancing mid players. Saturday i lost count of the times we pumped the ball to him when under pressure and his marker bullied him off the ball and it came straight back.
In a physical league he is way to lightweight.Not too bad at home when you are attacking more and he receives the ball near the box but away at Cardiff it was like playing with 10 men and no striker.
When your striker doesnt get one shot off at goal away from home and thats not the first time lol you kinda have to realize it's not working and let him go.
Should have started with Antonio up top. He has everything Chico doesn't outside the box. Can provide a physical presence, has pace to shrug off a marker and can hol onto the ball longer than 3 seconds. I know he put a shot on the roof but at least his pace allows him to get into that pocket of space unlike Hernandes.. 140 grand a week no wonder Arnie threw his toys out the pram.
Lanzini got caught a few times and was deffo struggling to keep up with play.No way he is match fit yet. Anderson was man marked and had no where to go. Cardiff did a number on us like Brighton and Burnley did.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7342
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
x 193
x 516

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:14 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:41 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 am


Agreed.

The fact that Hernandez 'works hard', and at times I'd question that, is immaterial. He hasn't the pace or the power to be a real threat in the PL. He's a poacher. And on the wane at that. He shouldn't have played yesterday and MP got that wrong.

Gonzo said on his transfer budget video that he'd be worth keeping. I disagree. he needs offloading and if Arnautiovic does go we need two strikers in the Summer.

Gomez and Ismail Sarr from Rennes.
Chico isn't suited to the premiership anymore. Lots of clubs play 1 striker and 2 or 3 offensive behind with 2 holding. The lone striker MUST hold onto that ball when we are moving out. he has to be able to control it and hold off the marker and lay it off to the advancing mid players. Saturday i lost count of the times we pumped the ball to him when under pressure and his marker bullied him off the ball and it came straight back.
In a physical league he is way to lightweight.Not too bad at home when you are attacking more and he receives the ball near the box but away at Cardiff it was like playing with 10 men and no striker.
When your striker doesnt get one shot off at goal away from home and thats not the first time lol you kinda have to realize it's not working and let him go.
Should have started with Antonio up top. He has everything Chico doesn't outside the box. Can provide a physical presence, has pace to shrug off a marker and can hol onto the ball longer than 3 seconds. I know he put a shot on the roof but at least his pace allows him to get into that pocket of space unlike Hernandes.. 140 grand a week no wonder Arnie threw his toys out the pram.
Lanzini got caught a few times and was deffo struggling to keep up with play.No way he is match fit yet. Anderson was man marked and had no where to go. Cardiff did a number on us like Brighton and Burnley did.
I don't get the reluctance to start with Arnautovic tbh.

Is he not 100% fit ?

Is he still being 'punished' ?

Are the club protecting him with a view to a summer sale ?

Or does Pellegrini genuinely feel Hernandez is a better option ?

it must be one of the above.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3798
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 340
x 233

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:36 am

I'm still fuming.

We have so much talent,but when we come up against a team away,that get in our faces,we fail miserably.

Wimbledon,bottom of League One,could hardly score a goal and get 4 against us.Brighton,Bournemouth,Burnley and now Cardiff,didn`t just beat us,they played us off the park,by bullying us.None of them matches were close,Fabianski saved us from a hiding in all them games.It wasn`t that we got beat,we were humiliated in them all.

In the 1960's & 70`s,we did this a bit,but in between,we gave out some hidings and played some fabulous football. We also stuck some silverware on the table too.Hope MP can sort this problem out,because it is a big one that needs to be addressed.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 174
x 191

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am

Not happy with starting 11,why the fuck Mickey Antonio is on the bench Fucks Knows,same goes
for Arnie ,Him over Chico...especially in a one up Top, is a no brainer,sorry Peller it just fuckin is...........
You Play your Best Players if you want to win games...it's not rocket science.
Despite this thought the side he put out should be more than capable....shut em out first 15/20,
when their gonna come at you,that was always gonna happen,be you Citeh,Scouse,whoever,
they're in must win..shit or bust mode...get ready for it,then slowly take over.
I Know they scored,but that pretty much happened,we started getting a grip and moving the ball
around,creating some half chances.
Half Time was still pretty confident...hence me having more of my hard earned on them... :lol:
If He doesn't get Arnie and Mickey on,I'm off to support MK tho... :lol:
Arnie For Chico...Mickey for Snod....Obvious,instead we get Arnie for Anderson,ok can get that
a bit....got a knock,seems a bit tired lately...then of go Nobes And Lanzini...
The 2 guys that were doing OK and starting to control the MF,and we start playing some kinda
4-1-5......bit of a shit or bust panic thing after 2nd goal, I reckon there,and created diddley..

A lot of us dig out and blame the Players,I put a lot more emphasise on the Manager,
with got a squad of players here that should be Pissing 7th IMO,yet we still lose consistently
to sides that are not of our strength and quality....
I'm not in the Peller Love in camp never have been,constantly makes basic errors in my opinion..
We should not be struggling like this...

Plenty of Managers could have got this Squad of Players 7th this year...even with the injuries,
Moyes included......
He's maybe good at building an attacking side,can't argue with that....but in the nitty gritty
organisational part of PL Footie,not so sure...

Really annoyed today....Really annoyed....
0 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 468
x 374

Re: Cardiff vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:06 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 am
I think we will see a rotation of the squad over the next 9 games, as the walking wounded return Mr P will try to implement this to keep us strong and pushing forward until the end of the season. Who deserves to be there without competition for their place will keep it, the likes of Noble, Snodgrass and Antonio maybe Obiang rotated in the midfield, Fredericks and Zabaleta, Cresswell and Johnson, Arnie and Hernandez could all be interchanged as they are all in good form at the moment. Obviously tactics against the other clubs will also play and important part but I would be interested to see how this pans out.
Well this shows how much I know about football management then....... :oops: :oops:
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media