£25m transfer budget

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 6889
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
x 123
x 339

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:28 pm

I'm not an accountant. I know how to manage my own money and I try to give my kids sound advice, namely, don't buy what you can't afford.

Obviously the rules are different for football clubs and risk / reward is taken into consideration.

But if true, and the Chuckles are indeed massively reducing the budget so they can pay themselves back the loans, is this something they have to do by a certain time or just something they want to do ?
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 7353
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 97
x 264

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:57 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm


Well they've gone from being tight lipped to leaking like a colander in the last couple of days so they are clearly trying the spread the message that they club is skint.
Yep I think so as well Kris.
......although it IS unlike them to be the harbinger of bad news right before the ST renewal comms go out.
Usually they like to tell us that half of continental Europe is on their radar.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 65

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by jameskel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Only a few weeks to go, I fully expect Lopez to get plastered all round the net, along with the usual ground bollox.
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
ryanguitarhammer
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:49 am
x 6
x 11

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by ryanguitarhammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:40 am


I really hope you're wrong.

Try to stay at the same level in this league and you go backwards.
Well they've gone from being tight lipped to leaking like a colander in the last couple of days so they are clearly trying the spread the message that they club is skint.
Is this a reason why st prices gone up as well?
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 66
x 269

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm

hd1 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 pm
The club leaked the £25m figure.

I would imagine they are softening the blow early because the debt is being settled at the start of next season so they'll be taking £40-50m out to pay themselves.
If they pay themselves to clear the debt then I have no problem with that as it makes us much more attractive to a buyer. It doesn't stop them spending a similar sum this year as they did last year.

And you should know not believe anything that is 'leaked' from the club
Paying off the debt will make absolutely no difference to the "attractiveness" of the club to a potential buyer. Any debt would be reflected in the price asked and would be factored into any negotiation.
1 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 15
x 95

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Carroll injured yet again I see ,time to call the Cheltenham vet.
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 6557
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm
x 271
x 226

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by Gonzo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm

ryanguitarhammer wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm


Well they've gone from being tight lipped to leaking like a colander in the last couple of days so they are clearly trying the spread the message that they club is skint.
Is this a reason why st prices gone up as well?
I doubt it mate because one place higher in the prem would yield just as much. I would imagine it is to facilitate the interest payment on their loan.
0 x

User avatar
ryanguitarhammer
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:49 am
x 6
x 11

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by ryanguitarhammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm
ryanguitarhammer wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 pm


Is this a reason why st prices gone up as well?
I doubt it mate because one place higher in the prem would yield just as much. I would imagine it is to facilitate the interest payment on their loan.
And the loans will never disappear till they’ve fucked off
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 6557
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm
x 271
x 226

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by Gonzo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 pm

ryanguitarhammer wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm


I doubt it mate because one place higher in the prem would yield just as much. I would imagine it is to facilitate the interest payment on their loan.
And the loans will never disappear till they’ve fucked off
No mate, the balance of £40m id due to be settled in Jan 2020. I was referring to the interest payment which i believe is due shortly.
1 x

User avatar
hd1
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Lost, looking for who we used to be
x 170
x 109

Re: £25m transfer budget

Post by hd1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Paying off the debt will make absolutely no difference to the "attractiveness" of the club to a potential buyer. Any debt would be reflected in the price asked and would be factored into any negotiation.
Would you like to buy my car? I have a loan on it so you can have it at an adjusted price and clear the loan or you can buy one with no outstanding debt. Which would you really choose?

The reality is the club is worth more debt free and the terrible twins will want every ounce they can squeeze out of it
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media