Ronaldo and Messi(again)

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Ronaldo and Messi(again)

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Castiron wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:03 pm
BCHammer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Who knows, like comparing a Bugatti & Koenigsegg

Both outrageously out of our league.

I would like Juve to win it though for some reason, if they play Barca in the final that would be lip smackingly delicious. As long as its not Liverpool.
Hold on a minute. I would love to see Juventus do Liverpool in the final, now that would be lip smackingly delicious.
True enough . Who would win the game though ?
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

Parry Hotter wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm
Think many have debated this one.I did see if I could find the old thread,but without success.

I was one of them,that went for Messi,all day long,but I'd now admit,I am not so sure now?

Ronaldo getting Juve out a hole this week proves that he has still got it big time.Just remarkable against a very stubborn Athletico defence.

These 2 will probably be the difference in stopping an English club lifting the CL this year.Both are still different gravy to the rest.Neymar comes no where near these two,although his ego is bigger than both and that is saying something when we all know Cristiano has a massive one.

I still love Messi's style and I do prefer to watch him,but Ronaldo is just the complete package.He can do the lot.His heading ability is has good has anyone`s.His done it at United and Real and he looks like his repeating it at Juventus.

Messi has done it at Barcelona,but has never been anywhere else.I think many of Ron's fans will say that puts him in front.
Well I fucking well hope someone stops an English club lifting the bloody thing. Watched Barca Lyon last nightand what pissed me right off was the good news from Munichfrom the commentry when scousers score. Fucking good news --bollocks it was. Too much fucking noshing going on. If you support a team in it fair enough but ffs going all england my england because the scouse or spurs have gone through is a fucking no no for me.
Well said Parry. All this sucking up to whatever English (and Scottish when they were still involved) clubs are in the competition does my head in tbh. I don't have a problem with Man City myself but the other 3, and the 2 still in the Europa, can do one as far as I'm concerned. In fact I'm hoping for a Man City v Barcelona final. That would be some game imo.
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am
Parry Hotter wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Well I fucking well hope someone stops an English club lifting the bloody thing. Watched Barca Lyon last nightand what pissed me right off was the good news from Munichfrom the commentry when scousers score. Fucking good news --bollocks it was. Too much fucking noshing going on. If you support a team in it fair enough but ffs going all england my england because the scouse or spurs have gone through is a fucking no no for me.
Well said Parry. All this sucking up to whatever English (and Scottish when they were still involved) clubs are in the competition does my head in tbh. I don't have a problem with Man City myself but the other 3, and the 2 still in the Europa, can do one as far as I'm concerned. In fact I'm hoping for a Man City v Barcelona final. That would be some game imo.
I don`t disagree.Man City are head and shoulders above the rest,but it dosen't mean any of the other 3 English Teams can't win it.
The Chelsea side of 2012 and Liverpool 2005 were not outstanding teams at all,actually very average and they won the trophy.

Personally,I would love City to win it and do the quadrople.It would shut them Man U and Liverpool fans right up,has the Citizens will be known has the greatest EVER and deservedly so.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

The Chelsea side of 2012 and Liverpool 2005 were not outstanding teams at all,actually very average and they won the trophy.
Bayern Munich and A C Milan lost those finals rather than their opponents winning it imo. Plus they both went to penalties so it's not a "proper" win, again only imho.
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am
terrya1965 wrote:

Bayern Munich and A C Milan lost those finals rather than their opponents winning it imo. Plus they both went to penalties so it's not a "proper" win, again only imho.
Liverpool have won their last 3 trophies on penalties :cry:
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am
terrya1965 wrote:

Quite right - that's winning via the tradesman's entrance...and you don't see class sides like our's stooping so low when offered the chance...
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 am

I’m actually bored with the endless success and consistency of these two tbh.
Looking forward to someone else coming up and taking over the mantle of the world’s best player.
Fair play to them both and they’re incredible sportsmen but ffs..... it’s all getting a bit tiresome.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Another terrific hat trick from Messi tonight away at Betis.

Apparently got a standing ovation from their fans when he hit the third.

51 Hat-tricks
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 am
I’m actually bored with the endless success and consistency of these two tbh.
Looking forward to someone else coming up and taking over the mantle of the world’s best player.
Fair play to them both and they’re incredible sportsmen but ffs..... it’s all getting a bit tiresome.
The next superstars are already flexing their muscles mate. In fact one of them already has a world cup medal. That's Kylian Mbappe of course. Another two who could reach the very top imo are Vinicius and Frenkie deJong.
0 x

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:44 am

Antonio’s shooting is getting closer and closer to the goal and it won’t be long before he is rubbing shoulders with them two :lol: :lol:
1 x

Social Media