Hammers United - Video on page 18

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Hammers United - Video on page 18

Post by redhammer » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Phil wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm
I'm delighted to say, Hammers United are now an Affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation

Membership is growing and I really feel we are headed in the right direction.

Please join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com
Am I right in saying this is the same level as the clubs OSB?
1 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm

redhammer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm
Phil wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm
I'm delighted to say, Hammers United are now an Affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation

Membership is growing and I really feel we are headed in the right direction.

Please join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com
Am I right in saying this is the same level as the clubs OSB?
The OSB are not affiliated in any way with the FSF as far as I'm aware
These are associate members
Claret & Hugh
Knees Up Mother Brown/KUMB
West Ham Fans United Over Land and Sea
West Ham FC Supporters' Club

and these are the Affiliate members
Hammers United (Affiliate)
Pride of Irons (Affiliate)
WHUISA (Affiliate)
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am

1 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 am

Phil wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am
Hammers United in the news

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/w ... 01ojDmtcBw
Well it would appear that LS185 are telling HU to “fuck off we will only deal with the OSB”.

Which is pretty par for the course .

Dontcha think ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 pm

A good piece by Marlow.

So many dissenting voices
People like me feeling a growing disconnect from the club.
Looking forward to another summer of promises that our marquee signing will be Messi, when in reality our new signing will just be plain untidy.
Would I rather be Same old West Ham or more like Man City? I can see constructive arguments for both. But.. and it’s a massive but.. West Ham for me was never about success. To be fair that must go for most of us. If I wanted trophy’s and success to feed my interest I would have given up in the early part of my 40 years of support. Safe to say I ain’t in it for the glory.
So what am I in it for? And what does West Ham mean to me?
The answer to that is simple. I didn’t chose West Ham. It chose me. From a tentative family connection with the area the seeds were sown. And to be honest the clincher was the claret and blue shirt (albeit rare glimpses in black and white) oft mud and blood streaked, that won my heart.
West Ham is my second family. It’s about togetherness. That roar, the feeling of invincibility (sometimes, usually spoiled by kick off), the journey to the East End, the Pubs, Pie & Mash.. the list is endless.
Upton Park is gone. We are now at the “Bowl in Ground”. It isn’t going to change just for me.. of that I’m sure.
So what is there to do?
Well, I have an idea.
Stand up and be heard. Make your feelings known. Tell the Board No More. Demand investment, improved stewarding and seats closer to the pitch that we were promised.. The Next Level, World Class Team for a World Class Stadium.. sounds familiar?
To do this all you have to do, in the first instance, is click.
Search out Hammers United on FB, or visit our webpage. Register on FB or by email.
With your help we can make a difference.
It’s up to all of us to be custodians of our heritage. Don’t leave it to them as they don’t seem to care.
We’re West Ham, what we’ve always been good at is standing our ground together. Let’s go once more.. one last hoorah. Join us and together we will say No More.
Join Us and together we will make a stand.
As Hammers... United....
COYI
MV ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman
0 x

Caboose

Post by Caboose » Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm

We aint glory hunters if we was we support someone else but there aint no harm in wanting to see some success. I support West Ham becuase of Alan Dev my favourite player when I started supporting the clubin 1978. Got no connection with the East End so the trip to the East End bit didnt mean nothing to me in fact I thought it was a bit of a run down place thats been turned into a right old shithole. Pie and Mash ? Stick it up your arse and give me a burger and chips any day or a fucking big banger in french with loads of onions like we used to get from that stand in Priory Road. Lets be truthful the area round Upton was like being in fucking Banglerdesh not London so Im glad we got out of the place. Dont know who in their right mind would stump the readies for the gaffs theyve built where the ground was.
2 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:29 pm

The Hammers United Committee has noted with great interest the proposal made by Doc H Ball, a well-respected and highly thought of member of the KUMB community.-We agree in principle.

As a supporter’s group, we chose our name, because we fundamentally believe that it’s as Hammers supporters, United, with common goals binding us together, we could achieve the changes that our long-suffering West Ham United support deserves.

I’d like to make it clear that we as a group wish for no conflict or ill-will to any other supporters’ groups, associated with the OSB or otherwise and recognise that we all share a deep passion for our unique football club.

We also must acknowledge that as a group, we were forged as a direct result of the long-standing frustrations of our fans with the current board of our club, and that a significant number of those fans had and some continue still to hold, associations and memberships with other groups.

We’re a reasonably well-informed bunch here at Hammers United, and are under no illusions that the stories of infighting, lobbying and powerplays, and the lack of delivery on promises made over the past year by other groups have been key drivers into the surge in our membership since our inception a matter of weeks ago.

Furthermore, we believe it’s the principles of our group, its leadership, and its governance which will continue to ensure that such negative, counter-productive behaviour is neither welcomed nor tolerated – we see this as a duty of care to our nigh on four thousand members, who support our more traditional approach, built on old school values of mutual respect with shared goals at our core.

There is no denying the great potential value that an independently voiced, fully united supporters front could bring to a negotiating table and we have discussed engaging with some group leaders as to what this could look like.

Where we do hit an obstacle is on introspection of and the ability of some to get their respective houses in order – we are on a mission to drive change and we have neither the time, or the appetite to embrace those who are more intent on internal feuding, conflict or self-serving agendas, when they should be serving the interests of their members (many of whom are often paid).

We do however believe that given our own current state, we would most probably be better placed than most to lead an initiative that would see a united front of independent supporters organisations, and it is to that end we will make it a priority to further discuss this proposal as an agenda item at our next committee meeting, to be held on June 8th in London, prior to discussing any approach with our members.

In the meantime, if you are reading this and you want to drive positive change at our football club, you are most welcome to come and join us at Hammers United – it’s free and it’s your support that will help us make a difference.

Doc H Ball’s proposed letter to West Ham United.

Dear Jake,

Thank you for your most recent reply dated [ ]

We now write together with WHUISA whom the Club have also refused to liase with. We write as 2 organisations that only seek to further the interests and concerns of attending supporters.

[We are supported in the writing of this letter by the Football Supporters’ Association with whom WHUISA is affiliated and HU are associated.]

As stated in your letter and previously, the Club says that it refuses to engage with supporter groups outside of the OSAB. We would ask you to consider, in your role as Supporter Liason Officer, if this complies with UEFA and PL regulations regarding supporter liason.

As you are aware, the creation of a SLO is a requirement as is engagement and recognition of ‘stakeholders’ concerns. We appreciate that the Club have created what they consider to be a compliant structure but it is noted that this does not have democratically elected representatives, appears to comply with the bare minimum terms and does not actually engage the Board with issues of the most relevance to the supporter base.

In any event, the creation of the OASB does not then mean that the Club can ignore the genuine concerns of other, actually democratic and formal, supporter organisations. In fact they should be welcoming it and encouraging it as specifically mention in the UEFA guidelines.

The Club is not following the spirit of the regulations as it must and you, as our SLO, should ensure this as much as anyone.

It is apparent to many supporters and observers that West Ham have had a fractious relationship with large swathes of the supporters for some time. [Private meetings have been held in the past outside of the OASB between private individuals and Board members which were disastrous and completely went against the requirement for transparency and accountability.] This only over emphasises the need for proper fan engagement at this great Club of ours.

We urge you and the Board again to engage with us both as representative bodies. If not then we intend to

make a formal complaint to UEFA, the PL and to The Department of Culture for breach of the regulations and the good governance of football guidelines. We are left with nowhere else to go.

Yours.

Hammers United.

WHISA

[FSA]

Hammers United, in conjunction with the FSF, have reviewed, revised, approved and endorsed the proposal of Doc H Ball at our committee meeting held this morning in St Pauls. (Today 8/6/19)

We have extended an invitation to WHUISA, as an independent organisation in their own right, to endorse the amended proposal.

It is our intention to send this letter on Monday 10th June at 1100hrs and we await the response from the WHUISA organisation.

Given the Hammers United position, with our intention to ramp up our efforts over the closed summer months, and in the interest of time, should we not receive an endorsement from WHUISA inside the allotted timeframe above we will forward the letter directly to the club.
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:34 pm

as you can also see in the WHUISA thread..

Whuisa wrote..
We've also just written to Hammers United to support the joint letter going to the club next week regarding the club's limitations towards supporter engagement.

Great news in my opinion
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:12 am

Phil wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am
Hammers United in the news

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/w ... 01ojDmtcBw
Ironic because where Gonzo and myself sit there seems to be a much better general camaraderie with the stewards than there was in the very early days.
We have a good laugh and a joke where we are and with security coming in. From my own angle I saw far less anger and agitation on match days last season (I guess some better football and results is an effective stress-reducer also).
I think the problem is more isolated and individual-based than it is “policy”.
There’s always a wanker somewhere!!
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Hammers United, in conjunction with the FSF, have reviewed, revised, approved and endorsed the proposal of Doc H Ball at our committee meeting held this morning in St Pauls.

We have extended an invitation to WHUISA, as an independent organisation in their own right, to endorse the amended proposal.

It is our intention to send this letter on Monday 10th June at 1100hrs and we await the response from the WHUISA organisation.

Given the Hammers United position, with our intention to ramp up our efforts over the closed summer months, and in the interest of time, should we not receive an endorsement from WHUISA inside the allotted timeframe above we will forward the letter directly to the club.
0 x

Social Media