Hammers United - Video on page 18

Chat about anything football related here!
Rumford

Re: Hammers United - New supporters group

Post by Rumford » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:12 pm

LawnmowerMan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Run across David Sulllivan's lawn with a corner flag and post some unfunny memes of David Gold in hasidic garb on an obscure West Ham forum for the amusment of some DFLA knuckle draggers.

Currently they've just gone all RWHFAG on KUMB to some politley phransed and perfectly reasonable questions. Knowing the club montior forums they'll have seen this and rightly won't reply to this rabble.
I totally agree that the replies on that site have not helped their cause...and the website needs work showing who is actually involved.

That saying...its all a bit schoolyard right now on that thread. I personally don't think WHUISA come out of this situation with any sort of respect either again.

Must address though....how some people have gone on about being FSF affiliated when we all know this organisations past with us. I respect and thank Amanda for her help in a couple of issues BUT they didn't want to get involved in pulling WHUISA on it using a website as it's mouthpiece when going totally against the FSF ethos involving payments to sites for "advertising" away travel.

The former WHUISA leader Marc opposed this stance...the current people in charge back it Jon ?
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:23 pm

mywhufc wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:07 pm

on your 1st point because much of what people complain about was evident before the move

on your second point, id guess most but that just a guess from the amount of disappointed fans that feel the club lied to them and didn’t keep promises.
I never saw the club ever say, we promise to take us next level, etc etc
The club have ALWAYS lied to us....how many years do you want to go back ??

Most of what people were complaining about then have shown to be unfounded in my eyes...especially about the stadium.

If i had a pound for every "used to leave at the end of the game and jumped on the train at East Ham by 5pm" line i've heard I'd be a richer than the Pimps. It used to take over 15 mins to get to the exit of the Boleyn FFS :roll:

The stadium is far from perfect....but even i understand that we had to move into it.

The people that run our club are shysters...always have been...but if anyone believed we were going to be asking questions of the top 6 in terms of spending then i'm not sure they are not a bit jacobs.

I have lived with the "what if" dream for 50 years now...can't see it changing anytime soon, wherever we play.
4 x

whu

Post by whu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:12 pm

prince of wales wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm
whu.Bill is not involved but is fully supportive of us.-as his posts on westhamonline confirm.

i think we've met mate

you had a couple of goes on the mike in the boleyn during the RWH thing?

i'm a mate of datey' s (well he likes me) :lol: think i see you in the podium back then also

wish you well
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:25 pm

whu wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:12 pm
prince of wales wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm
whu.Bill is not involved but is fully supportive of us.-as his posts on westhamonline confirm.

i think we've met mate

you had a couple of goes on the mike in the boleyn during the RWH thing?

i'm a mate of datey' s (well he likes me) :lol: think i see you in the podium back then also

wish you well
Name dropping arsehole crawler .

:lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 pm

From Hammers United
Who is on the committee?
At the moment we have an ad hoc committee of 6 people that have dedicated time and effort in order to start the group. We are still less that 2 weeks old and as membership grows then we can put the question of election or adoption of the committee to our membership.

Funding.
We require no financial commitment from our members means what it says. You don’t have to pay to join. Funding is, as has been said, our problem and we have plans to deal with this as and when needed. Suffice to say at the moment a lot of work is being done on a voluntary basis by the existing committee and some very willing volunteers. Rome wasn’t built in a day but we are trying.

Our position on the badge being carried by DFLA.
We are not set up as a political group. We only care about two colours and that’s Claret and Blue. How can anyone control who carries what where? And where does it stop? One of the best things about this country is our right to protest. Did anyone see a West Ham shirt at the brexit march the other day? Do we completely remove football from non football related events? We are not setting up to comment on what other groups or movements do or indeed don’t do. We would rather focus on the things we can (hopefully) influence and leave our personal leanings at home.

Place on OSB
We would have to think long and hard about the OSB.
On one hand we have set up the group because we feel the OSB does not (through no fault of the people in it) really represent fan interests. On the other hand it could be good to have someone on the inside to give us a voice. I suspect if ever we were in a position to choose it would have to be down to the membership to decide.

Attending a meeting with the board.
Representatives from the group would attend. Possibly From the committee (elected or otherwise) but again the membership can be asked their thoughts on this when (if) such a meeting is called.

Membership
Yes, joining the Facebook group is taken as membership. There is also an email register for the many people who don’t use social media.

I hope these answers go some way to clearing up any confusion. The previous answers given were short and sharp and were borne of frustration with some people on the thread who seemed way to keen to attack our group before taking the time to find out about us. We are a new group and all we ask is see what we’ve got to say, come along and meet us and make up your own mind. If Hammers United isn’t for you or you’re totally happy with the way things are that’s fine to. It’s all about opinions and ours is that massive changes are still required to the match day experience on and off the pitch.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postby Condorhammer on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Excellent response to the questions raised MV.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Cheers Paul, that’s a well written summary from whoever it is. Can’t see much wrong with that tbh.

My only curiosity remains as to what you’ll do should the club not respond as they have yet too but assume that’s what the meeting is for etc. Keep us updated if possible.

I find it difficult to ‘become a member’ as not on Facebook and I don’t really use emails as such for this kind of thing, so in a way you can count myself as one but there’s no data to suggest it.
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 pm

We should have postal members but we can't afford the stamps!
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Little but effective video by Paul

1 x

LoxfordIron

Post by LoxfordIron » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:13 pm

Nice one Paul. Well worth a listen.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Obviously the change of bands, price increases etc, don't affect those of us like me who don't go anymore so it's difficult for us to get excited about them. But in the end it will all come down to economics. If season tickets sell out again the board will say prices aren't too expensive. But if sales tank it's a totally different matter entirely. The only way ANY board of any company will reduce prices is if sales drop.

And isn't it a bit difficult to keep up with the alphabet soup of all the various fan groups doing the rounds at the moment ? Why so many ? Do they all have different agendas ? Surely it would be better to have one "super group", singing from one hymn sheet, than lots of smaller ones who, in many cases, seem to be competing against each other.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media