Hammers United - Video on page 18

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

Re: Hammers United - New supporters group

Post by prince of wales » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:32 pm

A good post by M.V. on another forum.I had intended to post along similar lines myself but could not have worded it better!

In answer to these points
This is exactly how Hammers United are positioning themselves.
We have been transparent from the off about our position and aims. We have a committee that has been ratified by a member vote at the first open meeting, have been vocal on many forums and have committee members, and indeed members in general, from different age groups, skill sets and backgrounds.
Whilst most of us are new to this we are learning fast every day and have hopefully rectified, quickly, any early mistakes made. And trust me we are not ego driven. We seek nothing from doing this except what’s best for all West Ham Fans. Indeed if anything it is probably a cross to bear at the moment as we are all doing this on a voluntary basis and juggling around work and home life.
I hope this puts your mind at rest.
I also hope anyone who has any doubts about our character or motives comes along to the next meeting and meets those who are able to be there. Then perhaps you will understand that the only things driving us forward are frustration and passion for our team.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒
1 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:38 pm

There's no egos with Hammers United, no politics, no money asked for.

"There's too many groups doing the same thing"

I don't know if RWHG are still going but if they are, I've not heard anything.
You can gleam all you need from the Whuisa thread, I'm not going to be slagging them off on this thread.

It costs nothing to join, so what have you got to lose
Join via the website or Facebook

Interesting point on another thread
"What should happen is that a big ****ing meeting should be arranged in nobody’s name with selected reps from each group with a great big hatchet that should be buried.

One big coming together, a mutual dissolution, a committee elected for affiliation and a big party.

I think everything else is bollox.

I'll speak for myself, not Hammers United here...I'd drop the Hammers United name and and join a big meeting, but someone has to call it. I honestly believe HU are the group to get this going though.
There's good people involved with no agenda other than Uniting the fans again..

So for those that lost faith, lost trust or are just apathetic..
If you are happy with the way the club is run..fine
If you have any issue/s like stewarding, tickets, memorial gardens, heritage etc then FFS get off your arse, join us, speak with us, suggest to us - the fact is there are so many who complain but do nothing.

NOW IS OUR TIME
Let's unite and do something to improve the things at our club that we are so unhappy with.
http://www.hammersunited.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 pm

‘Come and Meet Hammers United.’-Meeting to be held at The Plaistow Park Community Centre on morning of Saturday May 4th.

We promised to meet our members again as soon as possible.We prefer to hold meetings at Plaistow to support the local businesses there and in any event are unaware of any suitable venues in Stratford.
The problem is that there is only one home game left and on this day both Upton Park and Plaistow underground stations are closed again.Also some of our members are on boat trips and others are off to Wembley.These factors will seriously impact on numbers.

We have therefore decided to hold meeting as promised but to make it more informal with fluid start and finish times.-Basically there will be no fixed agenda and our Committee will be around from 10.30 am until 1.45 pm for anyone interested to come and have a chat and a beer.We can listen to our members views and look to progress on our key points and campaign strategy.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

COYI.

Greg Hobbs(Secretary).
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Bubbles on American Hammers tv

1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon May 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Great Watch....
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Great Watch....
Prefer the Rolex Oyster myself. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Marlow Vaderman

Re: Hammers United - Video on page 18

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue May 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Great hour of viewing.
Bubbles made his points well. very interesting to hear the full story behind that day against Burnley
Also great to hear that there are so many Hammers Groups in the US. Hands across the ocean and all that. It gives UK people who now live there a focal point as well as bringing West Ham to the US of A.
Hammers United have quite a few US supporters, as well as some from other places around the world. All are welcome.
Together we can force change.
As Hammers United.
COYI
MV
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

I liked this video a tiny bit and the tiny bit I liked,was when Bubbles very succinctly encapsulated the meaning of West Ham belief and the strength to dream...
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Wed May 08, 2019 2:23 pm

So many points of view.
But surely we must all agree on a few things.
Firstly, and the most important, is regardless of your feelings toward OS we must all be able to see that we were rinsed. Many promises were broken. The stadium isn’t a world class football stadium. The seats are much further from the pitch than Upton Park. We are not first in the queue as anchor tennants (no more Boxing Day football, Westfield more important) to name just a few.
Secondly there is the despicable way that traders and businesses in the Upton Park area have been treated. Ken’s Cafe and Nathan’s Pie &Mash plus the loss of trade for the pubs. Again promises were made of trading pitches and pop up bars around the stadium. And of support from the club. What happened there then?
Thirdly there is the need for change. Some feel the bulldozer is the only solution, some feel major changes to the bottom tier would improve things. Even the people that like the stadium must have things that they would like improved. Can anyone really get a beer and a pie during HT and not miss KO second half? I haven’t mastered it yet in three seasons.
Lastly I’m sure no one can be truly happy with the attitude of the club towards US, the supporters (not consumers or customers either). How difficult would it be for them to reach out and build bridges. Something that never occurred to me till it was voiced the other day on an interview I saw was this. When Bubbles took the corner flag in the pitch he was making a statement. If I was the owner or chief executive I would have been falling over myself to speak to him. Yes, he’s been banned and I know for a fact that he accepts this and knows his ban will never be overturned. But the club could have reached out and opened dialogue and from that day worked with supporters to mend the broken relationship. Instead of this they threw some money around and made a few veiled promises about seating moves “one day”. This shows in my book the level of disrespect for the core fan base.
My point is that most of us would like to see things done differently. The only way we will achieve any level of change is to unite as one big loud voice. We don’t have to build a new stadium overnight. But what we need to do is force the club to sit down and talk. We can only do this if you are all behind us, United for change.
So who will make themselves heard.
Young, old, male, female.. all people and all points of view welcomed. Our only interest is making things better for YOU so why wouldn’t you join us?
Stand together.. as Hammers... United...
COYI
MV ⚒⚒
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm delighted to say, Hammers United are now an Affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation

Membership is growing and I really feel we are headed in the right direction.

Please join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com
0 x

Social Media