Hammers United - Video on page 18

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

Re: Hammers United - Video on page 18

Post by prince of wales » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Whiskeyman.I do not want to say too much until everything is finalised but we are tackling the problem of stewarding head on and within the next few days will explain on Hammers Chat and other forums our initiative which will be in place for next season.-Thanks.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Phil wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Wouldn't it would be a better idea to identify the specific steward. Do they no longer have an identity number by which they can be specifically noted ? Years ago at Upton Park I complained in writing about one very officious female steward who had tried taking a camera off a young kid who was taking photos. She had a badge with a number on it, was easily identified and because various complaints as well as my own had been received she was sacked. Job done.
I asked that of someone who recently had a major stewarding issue..in the heat of the incident and worrying about his kids he didn't take the number...but yes, all stewards have id numbers on their jackets.
Fair comment I guess. When I had my issue I was already in my seat waiting for the game to start so it was a relatively easy thing for me to get her number. Particularly as the bolshie cow called the OB and demanded I was removed from the ground for getting involved. Which of course I wasn't. :lol:

Shows how long ago it was though mate. The letter I received from the club was signed by the bloke who was Club Sec at the time. Tom Finn. Showing my age again.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 pm

As you know Hammers United are seeking talks with West Ham to discuss the Stewarding at the London Stadium.

We will also be introducing our own initiative before the start of the new season.

In essence we will be circulating guidelines on how our members should deal with innapropriate Stewarding.We will also have a dedicated EMail line whereby our members can report innapropriate or unfair stewarding to Hammers United.We will then seek advice fromour legal team and advise our members accordingly.

We are extremely hopeful that this initiative will go a long way to safeguarding our members against any unfair or unwarranted action.

More details will be posted soon.

Lee Rogers(Joint Secretary).
0 x

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33 pm

The new season is all but upon us.
Hammers United will be out and about at games and will be pleased to meet you all and answer any questions. We have grown steadily through the summer and now will be looking to massively increase membership.
Come and find us, look out for meeting dates and venues to be announced soon.
Together we can make things happen.
COYI
MV

Join us today on Facebook
Check out our new website
www.hammersunited.com
2 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:00 am

Hammers United Stewarding Advice and Help
The likelihood of you needing this advice is low. However, we thought it would be helpful to compile some helpful hints in the event you are involved in an incident with stewards either at the London Stadium or at an away game.
In the event you are, it’s important you remain calm and polite at all times. Shouting and swearing will not help your cause nor is it going to persuade a steward to change their minds. Fold your arms or keep them by your sides or behind your back so a steward cannot accuse you of being physically threatening.
You are obliged to respond to the reasonable requests of a match day steward and, like it or not, they do have power over you and can use reasonable force when required.
If you or your mates become involved in an incident, the following should assist.
1.Always record any incident but be wary not to antagonise a situation. If you can't film, then an audio recording is the next best thing. A steward can ask you to stop filming but should not take your phone.
2.Write up an account as soon as possible afterwards while your memory is still fresh.
- ask witnesses for their personal details in case they are needed
- if injuries are caused take photographs
- if medical assistance is required, keep records
- the clubs complaints procedure is documented on their website.
3. Put your complaint in writing to the club and ask that any CCTV, including from body worn cameras (if applicable) is preserved as you may exercise your right to submit a Subject Access Request for any footage. (See point 8).
It is possible that the club will phone you in response to your initial complaint. Take notes of that call and ask for the email address of the person you have spoken to so you can – and this is important – follow up that call and formally ask that the key points from that conversation are confirmed in writing.
In the event a complaint is escalated or you are not happy with what the club are saying, it is important that there is a paper trail.
4.All stewards should wear an ID number or SIA badge. Take those details, again this is important so stewards can be easily identified.
5.Stewards can use reasonable force in certain circumstances.
6.Under the ground regulations supporters are obliged to adhere to reasonable requests. These may include stewards asking a supporter for their personal details. It's a grey area as to whether or not supporters should oblige to that but consider that a lack of co-operation may count against you.
7.A season ticket is the property of the club. If asked to surrender it, a supporter should oblige.
8 Supporters can use Data Protection to ask the club to disclose what information they hold about them. There is advice on how to make requests on the ICOs website see here. They club can’t just refuse a request. They should clarify what exemptions they are relying on.
We have set up an Email address for our members to contact us should they need assistance in approaching the club. Our committee and legal team, with assistance from the Football Supporters Association, will do our best to help including drafting letters for supporters. There will of course be cases when our members have to accept that they were in the wrong and that stewards were justified in their actions. We not here to judge you but to help and all we ask for in return is complete honesty. All information received will be treated in strict confidence and not shared with any external party unless specific consent is given.
Our email address is stewarding@hammersunited.com
Members can also action through our website by using the form in the stewarding section on www.hammersunited.com
The Football Supporters Association have solicitors who offer initial advice free of charge to supporters we refer to them. Again, all information is treated in strict confidence.
We hope this initiative will be of assistance to our members .
We would like to place on record our thanks to Amanda Jacks at the Football Supporters Association for her assistance in this initiative.
Come on You Irons.
Hammers United Committee.
📷
HAMMERSUNITED.COM
Hammers United – The Independent Supporters’ Group for West Ham United FC Supporters
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Some of our members asked us to write expressing their concern at Manchester City fans being in West Ham supporters areas.Below is the letter we wrote.
Jake Heath,
Supporter Services Manager,
WHUFC.,
London Stadium,
London E20 2ST.

August 23rd 2019.

Dear Jake,
Our members have raised the issue of large numbers of Manchester City supporters in the home sections at the recent match at the London Stadium.
They were clearly identifiable as they were wearing Manchester City Shirts and there is no doubt that their presence annoyed some West Ham supporters.
We would draw your attention to London Stadium Ground Regulations as follows:-
Regulation1.2.
Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the club,operator,any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry(or eject from)the ground any person whose presence within the ground is,or could,(in the operator’s reasonable opinion)constitute a source of danger,nuisance or annoyance to any other person.
Regulation 18.
Any individual who has entered any part of London Stadium designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.
There is no doubt Jake that these Manchester City supporters did constitute an annoyance to West Ham supporters around them.Furthermore, whilst thankfully(and perhaps fortunately) their presence did not lead to trouble, on another day this might not be the case.-And supporters including children could be put at risk.
This leads to two questions:-
1.These supporters were clearly wearing Manchester City Shirts.Why were they allowed entry into this part of the ground and (assuming they slipped passed security on entering)why were they not ejected when openly sporting colours?
2.How did they obtain tickets for this part of the ground?
We know that the safety of supporters is paramount to West Ham United.We have Manchester United at home coming up soon and fear that away supporters in the West Ham sections at this match could lead to trouble.Our members have asked us to pass on their concerns .
We would appreciate you investigating and taking the necessary steps to ensure that these obvious breaches of regulations will not happen again.
We have sent a copy of this letter to LLDC,The Football Supporters Association and the Premier League.
Hoping you can give this matter your urgent attention Jake,

Yours Sincerely

Lee Rogers
Joint Secretary,Hammers United.

We are doing our best to make things better for West Ham supporters.Check out our website www.hammersunited.com
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:27 am

Difficult to control ticket distribution when many people own multiple ST's, Even back when I had my ST at Upton Park I knew one bloke who had 5. He and his boy always went but the other 3 were a money making exercise for the "big" games. I'm sure there are many people who are in the same boat as that guy and aren't too fussed who they sell to if there's a few quid profit in it for them.

And really don't you think it's a pity that people find it difficult to enjoy a game of football if there are people close by who support the other team ? Obviously there are certain fixtures where common sense has to apply but if people are supporting the opposition, and I don't mean getting in the faces of the home fans by behaving like cunts, surely in this day and age there shouldn't be a problem. We're all grown ups after all.

When I used to go to all the away games I'd always get my tickets from the home club. Reason being the away fans usually get stuffed in the worst parts of the stadiums. There were always a fair few Hammers dotted around so I guess they all did the same thing. Never ever wore colours, home or away, except when I was a kid, but it was always obvious who I supported. Used to have some decent cracks with the fans at some of the places as well tbh. I just think it's a pity that we get people demanding we eject people just because they're wearing the wrong colours.

Different if they're behaving like pricks and trying to wind people up of course but I didn't hear of any issues during or after the City game in spite of the result.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

garnett

Post by garnett » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 am

With the amount of stewards around the turnstiles and on the concourse no one in an away shirt should reach their seat, but I would let them, fans should tell the nearest steward to contact the stand supervisor and then follow the fan to his seat, very rarely they are alone, what we want is the seat number and who`s ticket it is, once in position the SIA stewards can remove them and the ticket/s confiscated.
1 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Just to quickly report that we have been granted full affiliate status to the Football Supporters Association.We also have a couple of major initiatives that we will be completed this week and will report accordingly.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham supporters.

Please check out our website on www.hammersunited.com
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Just to report that the follow up Email below was sent to West Ham this afternoon.

Jake Heath,
Supporter Services Manager,
WHUFC.,
London Stadium,
London E20 2ST.

September 11th 2019.

Dear Jake,
Manchester City Supporters in Home sections.
Just to remind you of our Email dated August 23rd and your reply that you were reviewing our enquiry and that you would come back to us as soon as possible.
In the absence of a further reply Jake we ask if you have made any progress so that assurances can be made to our members, and indeed to all West Ham supporters, that the club is taking the necessary steps to avoid a recurrence.-There were also reports of Norwich City supporters(in colours)in the West Ham sections at the next match.
There is a real concern amongst some of our members that on another day this could lead to trouble and that supporters including children could be put at risk.The next home match is against Manchester United and there is of course history of trouble between elements of the two fanbases.
Looking forward to a positive reply,
Lee Rogers.(Joint Secretary,Hammers United).
Copy sent to Football Supporters Association,Premier League and London Stadium.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham supporters .Please check out our website www.hammersunited
0 x

Social Media