Leeds most entertaining side EVER in Second Tier English Football...

Chat about anything football related here!

terrya1965

Leeds most entertaining side EVER in Second Tier English Football...

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

According to Talksport's,Adrian Durham. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have not even scored the most goals in that League and don't even top the League this season.What a stupid statement to make?Three teams have scored more than them this year too.

I remember us being there in 1981.We were FA Cup Holders,League Cup Finalists and were still in Europe in March and walked the Division with a +50 Goal Difference.Now that`s Entertainment. :D
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Leeds most entertaining side EVER in Second Tier English Football...

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am

If goals scored is the only measure of entertainment Allardyce's promotion team in 2011/12 was the second most exciting team in the division that season. :o

The most entertaining using only goals scored? Southampton. Managed at the time by Nigel Adkins. :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 am

They hired a manager who likes to play pressing attacking football.
Much as I can't abide Leeds, getting Bielsa onboard was a fantastic bit of business.
He's probably better than half the managers in the PL.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 am

Talk bollocks more like.
Norwich are the best side in that league by a mile.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

garnett

Post by garnett » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 am

EVER is a big statement, however I agree with Nev, they have entertained ME more than any other club in the Championship this season, love the managers attitude.
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am

Leeds shouldn't be in top 2 because Bielsa send a spy to other clubs training ground up to New Year to see what plan the other teams do.

I hope Leeds will drop to play-off and not promoted as West Ham had a very bad record against Leeds, especially in Premier League which at West Ham's home, West Ham won 1, draw 3 and lost 6 while West Ham away, West Ham won 1, Draw 1 and lost 8. Now it may be different as Leeds learnt lesson not to use 7 loans company to get top players including our Ferdinand and sparks our downfalls.

I hope just Norwich, Bristol City and Sheff Utd to go up. I know we all HATED Sheff Utd cos of their whinging in Tevez affairs but we have better chances of beating Sheff Utd than Leeds. Plus Leeds fans are very rough as I been there once, not a nice place for me.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:28 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am
If goals scored is the only measure of entertainment Allardyce's promotion team in 2011/12 was the second most exciting team in the division that season. :o

The most entertaining using only goals scored? Southampton. Managed at the time by Nigel Adkins. :lol:
Tbf to BFS(one of his biggest critics),I thought we actually played some half decent football in the Championship.It was when we got to the PL,it got boring.

You remember us in 81?We played some great Football..I remember going away to Grimsby in April.Their defence was water tight at home..Only conceded 4 goals all season and David Cross doubled that feat on his own. :lol:

There is the prove https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-ham-un ... 1981/home/
https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-ham-un ... by%20Town/
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am

garnett wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 am
EVER is a big statement, however I agree with Nev, they have entertained ME more than any other club in the Championship this season, love the managers attitude.
Nobody is denying that.Leeds have played some lovely stuff,but most entertaining EVER?Our side of 81 knew what entertainment was about.I have been going since 1971 and that is my favorite ever season for beautiful football.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:28 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am

Tbf to BFS(one of his biggest critics),I thought we actually played some half decent football in the Championship.It was when we got to the PL,it got boring.

You remember us in 81?We played some great Football..I remember going away to Grimsby in April.Their defence was water tight at home..Only conceded 4 goals all season and David Cross doubled that feat on his own. :lol:

There is the prove https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-ham-un ... 1981/home/
https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-ham-un ... by%20Town/
I do remember that season. We only lost 4 games all season. Half of them to Luton. :)

And take a look at some of the clubs we played. Orient & Wrexham are both non league at present and Grimsby, Bristol Rovers plus the aforementioned Luton have all spent time in the Conference or National League. And another, Notts County, could well be dropping out this season.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media