Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Ibbyham
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm
x 146
x 110

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am

Would be nice to get Grealish this summer as covers for Rice but the price is the problem and no point wasting all those money. Better look elsewhere.
0 x

User avatar
Caboose
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 pm
x 7
x 14

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Caboose » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 pm
If Villa don't go up,he will be sold.

I think his a class act and would love to see him here,but I think he'll go to a Top 6 Club if he went.
Dont think hes good enough for top 6 and Villa was asking silly money last summer so if our budgets only 25 million hes out of our range anyway.
0 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 339
x 233

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 am

Caboose wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 pm
If Villa don't go up,he will be sold.

I think his a class act and would love to see him here,but I think he'll go to a Top 6 Club if he went.
Dont think hes good enough for top 6 and Villa was asking silly money last summer so if our budgets only 25 million hes out of our range anyway.
He is good enough.Put him in a half decent team and he will thrive.

He was out for 4 months and Villa were awful and now his back,they are in form.It`s no coincidence.
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 63
x 187

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm

He's certainly good enough but he's not yet worth the huge fee Villa would undoubtedly demand and as someone else said, we're pretty stacked with players that can fill the AM role at the moment.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 339
x 233

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm
He's certainly good enough but he's not yet worth the huge fee Villa would undoubtedly demand and as someone else said, we're pretty stacked with players that can fill the AM role at the moment.
Difference is,Jack scores goals from the centre of Midfield,ours rarely do.
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4973
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 133
x 305

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm
He's certainly good enough but he's not yet worth the huge fee Villa would undoubtedly demand and as someone else said, we're pretty stacked with players that can fill the AM role at the moment.
Difference is,Jack scores goals from the centre of Midfield,ours rarely do.
The thing is Tel, players get more time in the championship to express themselves on the pitch. The premier league is a very different ball game with far better players.
Grealish is a decent player in a poor Villa side and overall is probably one of the better championship players, but imho not good enough for any premier league side with aspirations to break in to the top six.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 3975
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 263
x 238

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Clayton » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am
Would be nice to get Grealish this summer as covers for Rice but the price is the problem and no point wasting all those money. Better look elsewhere.
Cover for Rice ? , Grealish is a attacking midfielder .
1 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 3975
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 263
x 238

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Clayton » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Caboose wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 pm
If Villa don't go up,he will be sold.

I think his a class act and would love to see him here,but I think he'll go to a Top 6 Club if he went.
Dont think hes good enough for top 6 and Villa was asking silly money last summer so if our budgets only 25 million hes out of our range anyway.
Probably worth £20m , but valued by AV at something like £40m yeah for a championship player .
0 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3079
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 465
x 374

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:07 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm
He's certainly good enough but he's not yet worth the huge fee Villa would undoubtedly demand and as someone else said, we're pretty stacked with players that can fill the AM role at the moment.
Difference is,Jack scores goals from the centre of Midfield,ours rarely do.
He has only scored 4 goals in 24 games, look at our midfield, say Anderson Rice Noble Snodgrass and Antonio have all scored, Rice and Noble who are holding midfielders have both scored a brace Snodgrass 4 and Antonio 5. Anderson is there on eight. As for assists Grealish is way behind Snodgrass on 9, Antonio 5, Anderson 4, Noble 3. Grealish has assisted 4 times. Last season was similar 3goals and 5 assists in the league.
0 x

Riceascaptain
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
x 7
x 5

Re: Is Jack Grealish worth a punt?

Post by Riceascaptain » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:07 pm


He has only scored 4 goals in 24 games, look at our midfield, say Anderson Rice Noble Snodgrass and Antonio have all scored, Rice and Noble who are holding midfielders have both scored a brace Snodgrass 4 and Antonio 5. Anderson is there on eight. As for assists Grealish is way behind Snodgrass on 9, Antonio 5, Anderson 4, Noble 3. Grealish has assisted 4 times. Last season was similar 3goals and 5 assists in the league.
That's actually piss poor stats for an attacking midfielder, I'm OUT
2 x

Post Reply

Social Media