Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 pm
Cheers Ibbs.
Enjoy your holiday mate.
Cheers mate
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:02 pm
Excellent intro Ibbs...being on a coach for 8 days should not be an excuse to abrogate your "Thread" responsibilities. Doesn't the vehicle have wi-fi...

That withstanding, I'm hoping old thunder-thighs Arnatovich can make a positive contribution and not spend his Old Trafford tea time being intercepted by Man U's speedy fullbacks. And talking of people who don't have time to waste, I'm expecting a more coherent way of winning football matches than has been employed in the last outings. I'm not pointing the finger but thinking about a certain Chilean gentleman...
The coach from Calias (not sure about the spelling) to Venice with 1 night sleep then 6 nights in hotel then back to UK with 1 night sleep in coach and yes it has wi-fi. Thanks God that I am living in 21st Century :D
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Sadly I have to admit that for the first time since last season under Moyes that I’m not in the remotest looking forward to our next game.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 am

.................................................................FLAPPY....................................................
Fredericks.....................................BALBUENA....................DIOP...............................CRESS...
.................................NOBLE..............................RICE.......................MASUAKU.............
...............ANDERSON........................................ARNIE..........................LANZINI............
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 am

Enjoy the holiday Ibby.

As for the team:

Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Noble, Rice, Snodgrass
Holland, Arnautovic, Anderson

Thought fredricks played well the other night so he'd be my right back for the rest of the season. Diop in for Ogbonna, get our best CB pairing back together.

Lanzini looked knackered and still isn't match fit, I'd give him 30 mins off the bench. Holland in because well why not! Assuming Antonio is injured, time to give him a chance. Anderson is in by default because we don't really have anyone else, would say his form warrants him being dropped but not sure who can replace him.

Can't say I'm confident getting anything based on recent performances
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 am

Not that I'm expecting anything other than a defeat but it will be interesting to see what sort of side United field.

They play the return at the Nou Camp three days later. And still in with a shout, especially with their comeback against PSG still fresh in the memory.

But of course they, like Chelsea, can't afford to field a much weakened team in the league as they're slogging it out for the prize of top 4 and the CL again next season, as the Spuds will probably be when we face them as well.

My ultimate dream of course would be for a huge sink hole to swallow Old Trafford, but I'm forced to concede that the PL do nothing to help our teams in Europe, desperate as they are for the Sky and BT money.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 am
Not that I'm expecting anything other than a defeat but it will be interesting to see what sort of side United field.

They play the return at the Nou Camp three days later. And still in with a shout, especially with their comeback against PSG still fresh in the memory.

But of course they, like Chelsea, can't afford to field a much weakened team in the league as they're slogging it out for the prize of top 4 and the CL again next season, as the Spuds will probably be when we face them as well.

My ultimate dream of course would be for a huge sink hole to swallow Old Trafford, but I'm forced to concede that the PL do nothing to help our teams in Europe, desperate as they are for the Sky and BT money.
I'd imagine Solskjaer will be thinking in terms of getting a 2 goal lead and banking on our lack of attacking creativity, providing they shut Anderson out, and firepower to enable them to close down the game. Tbh I can't really think of a better team than West Ham for any team to play under those circumstances. Not just this season but every fucking year I've supported the club.

Remember the old saying from back in the day.? West Ham come down with the Christmas decorations.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am

As it has been pointed out to me by a gentleman here today our best results have come with Rice , Noble and Obiang in midfield which I cannot deny , no matter how much I don't rate that trio , so let's see if that trio can get another result for us :o . Fredericks is now the better option then Zabaleta , let's go with our best defensive duo and our only LB . Up front we can't do any better then Anderson but going to put him on the RW as I am drafting in Holland on the LW , and up front going to have to go with Arnautovic , as much has I hate saying it . Dont want to see anyone playing that will not be here next season but beggars can't be choosers.
Fabianski
Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
Rice - Noble - Obiang
Holland - Arnautovic - Anderson
Subs - Trott - Johnson - Ogbonna - Coventry - Antonio - Snodgrass - Hernandez
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:35 am

Clayton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am
As it has been pointed out to me by a gentleman here today our best results have come with Rice , Noble and Obiang in midfield which I cannot deny , no matter how much I don't rate that trio , so let's see if that trio can get another result for us :o . Fredericks is now the better option then Zabaleta , let's go with our best defensive duo and our only LB . Up front we can't do any better then Anderson but going to put him on the RW as I am drafting in Holland on the LW , and up front going to have to go with Arnautovic , as much has I hate saying it . Dont want to see anyone playing that will not be here next season but beggars can't be choosers.
Fabianski
Rice - Noble - Obiang
No Lanzini ? Not even on the bench ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:35 am
Clayton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am
Fabianski
Rice - Noble - Obiang
No Lanzini ? Not even on the bench ?
Actually forgot all about him , probably due to how poor he has been , and hate to say it Snodgrass did improve us when he came on against Chelsea . Could try something different and have a front three of Holland , Anderson and Lanzini .
0 x

Social Media