Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:08 am

Man U are great at getting Pen's. Didn't Mata get given a soft one against us last season?
Watched the Martial one back, he never even thought about shooting once he caught Frdericks coming from the side. He slowed up and jinked across him.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 am

Alot of us are saying ManU we're poor,but think you have to give us some credit for stopping them
playing out.......by using a high press...we only seem to do it against the "Top Teams"
Is that why we play better and have better results against them..?
Against everyone else it's a matter of getting back behind the ball/running back,instead of
shutting down,running back gives your opponents time on the ball,shutting down doesn't.

You can't do it for the whole game,attacking MFs/Strikers would be fucked,but you def start of with
it...it unsettles your opponents,Arnie wants to do it,Snods always looking to do it,Antonio will,
we should make it part of our game,for every game,not just as a way of getting something gainst
the top boys..

And for Me I know we're split on Antonio...but he has to start for me,he's constantly our
biggest goal threat,gives us something in the air,which is pretty non existent,(apart from set
pieces),without him....defenders hate that sorta unpredictable player,they hate being run at,
I really still rate him,don't think Mr P does...wouldn't be surprised if Mickey started looking elsewhere
TBH,frustrating when your playing well..then get Dropped.

If we played like that every week,we woulda pissed 7th..
But Again well done everyone...proud of that performance.... :D
1 x

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:13 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 am
Alot of us are saying ManU we're poor,but think you have to give us some credit for stopping them
playing out.......by using a high press...we only seem to do it against the "Top Teams"
Is that why we play better and have better results against them..?
Against everyone else it's a matter of getting back behind the ball/running back,instead of
shutting down,running back gives your opponents time on the ball,shutting down doesn't.

You can't do it for the whole game,attacking MFs/Strikers would be fucked,but you def start of with
it...it unsettles your opponents,Arnie wants to do it,Snods always looking to do it,Antonio will,
we should make it part of our game,for every game,not just as a way of getting something gainst
the top boys..

And for Me I know we're split on Antonio...but he has to start for me,he's constantly our
biggest goal threat,gives us something in the air,which is pretty non existent,(apart from set
pieces),without him....defenders hate that sorta unpredictable player,they hate being run at,
I really still rate him,don't think Mr P does...wouldn't be surprised if Mickey started looking elsewhere
TBH,frustrating when your playing well..then get Dropped.

If we played like that every week,we woulda pissed 7th..
But Again well done everyone...proud of that performance.... :D
Could not have said it better myself MK absolutely spot on about the high press and also Antonio.
goodpost:)
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Anderson played well yesterday because the way UTD set up gave him space to roam around. Pellgrini for me has to stop isolating him on the left wing in tight games. Give this guy a Hazard role and let him exploit space anywhere on the pitch because he needs to let those legs burst into action.
A great example was the goal. He saw a huge space right side when the full back pushed in. Lanzini did incredibly well to shake off 2 players and delivered a perfect ball. This is why its so important for us to have Lanzini or a fit Nasri in the team so they can find them important , game changing moments.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm
Anderson played well yesterday because the way UTD set up gave him space to roam around. Pellgrini for me has to stop isolating him on the left wing in tight games. Give this guy a Hazard role and let him exploit space anywhere on the pitch because he needs to let those legs burst into action.
A great example was the goal. He saw a huge space right side when the full back pushed in. Lanzini did incredibly well to shake off 2 players and delivered a perfect ball. This is why its so important for us to have Lanzini or a fit Nasri in the team so they can find them important , game changing moments.
Yeah,this spot on....thought we had an opportunity to try him there,earlier in the season,
we'd lost Jack...Lanza was out,had plenty of wide options,but no one to sit in there,that,free
role MF Slot....linking up,drifting around,we just played for a while with no one there,then,
got Nasri in.....Shame would like to see him there,even maybe as a No 10,got more to give,
than being stuck out wide...in saying that seemed to have a freer role yesterday...2 Goals.... ;)
and much more effective..
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:36 pm

His fan from Lazio said as much on here 4 or 5 months ago..a lot agreed with him then.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Can't begin to comprehend where that performance came from..

Have our players suddenly learned how to receive the ball at their feet,beat the marker,pass and move and make penetrative passes ?

Or was that an example of, as Murphy said on M.O.D, playing against a badly set up side.? Players were receiving the ball in acres of space...OLS needs to be introduced to pressing.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:43 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Did the team walk under a ladder before they came out?

If we`d have won by 4 or 5 today,I and many would have said,well deserved.

Has a few have said,We never get any luck at OT.

Thought we dominated the midfield(for a change).It was a great watch.

I enjoyed the performance,but gutted how we lost.

MoM Graham Scott & his Assistant :roll:
Spot on. I have been going to OT since the late 70s and that is the first time I have really seen us completely dominate them. We should have won the game and would have but for the fact the ref had no balls as per usual.

Both Liverpool and now Man Utd. The game is stacked against teams like us. I said to the guy yesterday standing next to me that we seem to need to score 5 to get 2. I was livid driving home last night

So well done West Ham, we now can beat teams like Man Utd, we just need to know how to beat the ref and lino.

and how shit is Marcus Rojo. No wonder Argentina are so shit ;)
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:45 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm
Yeah,this spot on....thought we had an opportunity to try him there,earlier in the season,
we'd lost Jack...Lanza was out,had plenty of wide options,but no one to sit in there,that,free
role MF Slot....linking up,drifting around,we just played for a while with no one there,then,
got Nasri in.....Shame would like to see him there,even maybe as a No 10,got more to give,
than being stuck out wide...in saying that seemed to have a freer role yesterday...2 Goals.... ;)
and much more effective..
Exactly. When we had them injuries Pellegrini should have played Arthur left midfield which would have given Noble and Rice more cover. Arthur can also run at defenders which is gold dust in our team. Anderson alongside with a runner in the middle.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 am

Think I must have logged onto a Liverpool forum with all this victim speak. The offside goal was offside but it was hardly a cock up comparable to the one at the Liverpool game. VAR would have disallowed it but it was very marginal.

We were the better team today. All the pundits said so, Solskjaer said so and most of the Man United fans I heard on phone ins tonight said so. But were we "cheated" ? Of course we fucking weren't. Ther officials got it wrong but it was hardly blatant. We are becoming more like Victimpool every fucking week with this fucking whining shit.

No wonder we are becoming one of the most disliked teams in the fucking league.
The Anderson goal was onside by the rightback. Tight, but onside

The same lino let them have a flurry of attempts at our goal with four clearly offside
Yes he did. But it doesn't mean he's in any way corrupt. He's just like the rest of the hopelessly inadequate bunch of officials turning out week in week out in the Premier League. And it's hardly a surprise with Mike Riley in charge of the fucking shop. I'm old enough to remember that cunt as a referee. Made even Mike Dean look competent.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media