The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Post by Newmarket » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm
If nothing better, for the silly money involved we should have kept Perez.
Absolutely Dave , top notch goals to games ratio for our level .

My initial thoughts when they let him go so cheap was that it was a sweetener to get Maripan
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm
If nothing better, for the silly money involved we should have kept Perez.

My initial thoughts when they let him go so cheap was that it was a sweetener to get Maripan
His ratio was decent because he never played many and them games he scored was against weaker teams. I can never see him scoring against a top 6 team. One goal in every 5 games for a striker isn,t that great tbh.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:41 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:15 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm

His ratio was decent because he never played many and them games he scored was against weaker teams. I can never see him scoring against a top 6 team. One goal in every 5 games for a striker isn,t that great tbh.
Perez was crap.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm

Not enough spent or players brought in to take us to the next level this coming season.

You need speed in this PL, Haller looks too big and slow for me, ok for the deadballs, remember he was not our first choice striker, more of a panic buy after the other fiasco.
Don't think Chico will score many once again either, we don't play his game.

So all in all, from what I have seen, not enough goals in this team for me as usual, and once again too many defensive problems to overcome, much the same as last season.

10-12th for me again, lets hope I am proven wrong.
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Not enough spent or players brought in to take us to the next level this coming season.

You need speed in this PL, Haller looks too big and slow for me, ok for the deadballs, remember he was not our first choice striker, more of a panic buy after the other fiasco.

So all in all, from what I have seen, not enough goals in this team for me as usual, and once again too many defensive problems to overcome, much the same as last season.

haller isn't slow, those long legs just take a while to get to speed, maripan is sort of similar

panic buy? nah.. he is ideal, currently far better than gomez.. we weren't interested in gomez after the price was jacked up from 20m to 50m
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am

dagenhamdave wrote:

You've seen a couple of pre-season game highlights and this is your opinion for the season?

I know it's all about opinions, but fuck me, what a load of old bollox! You don't panic buy a £45m striker 4 weeks before the end of the transfer deadline.

Haller to big and slow? Seen him play a lot then eh! We didn't play Hernandez's game last season but he still managed 7 goals in 14 starts (11 sub).

Defensively we are solid when we have Diop and Balbuena playing together and Fabianski behind, if we can keep them all fit then we should be easily able to improve on 10th given the attacking players we have.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:52 am

Heard a snippet. As money is now tight and whatever's left is earmarked elsewhere, as cover for Haller, the possibility of a certain Geordie gentlemen, no stranger to the treatment table, being offered a one year deal isn't totally out of the question, and his Mrs. is keen to stay near her family as well.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:53 am

hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am
dagenhamdave wrote:

You've seen a couple of pre-season game highlights and this is your opinion for the season?

I know it's all about opinions, but fuck me, what a load of old bollox! You don't panic buy a £45m striker 4 weeks before the end of the transfer deadline.

Haller to big and slow? Seen him play a lot then eh! We didn't play Hernandez's game last season but he still managed 7 goals in 14 starts (11 sub).

Defensively we are solid when we have Diop and Balbuena playing together and Fabianski behind, if we can keep them all fit then we should be easily able to improve on 10th given the attacking players we have.

==============================================================================================

Defensively we are exactly the same as last year, and we let in a shed load of goals, the way we are set up I do not see that changing, unless we go to a back three. If Haller gets injured, we have nothing up front to talk about really, we were short upfront last year and even shorter this year after three strikers leaving. We still badly need another striker and DM. Just my opinion.
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:54 am

Defensively we are exactly the same as last year, and we let in a shed load of goals, the way we are set up I do not see that changing, unless we go to a back three. If Haller gets injured, we have nothing up front to talk about really, we were short upfront last year and even shorter this year after three strikers leaving. We still badly need another striker and DM. Just my opinion.
We were not "solid" last year unless I missed something? Like I say, I hope to be proved wrong.

2018/2019 season
Matches played
Wins
Losses
Goals
Goals conceded
Clean sheets
0 x

Dagger

Post by Dagger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:20 am

all about opinions

for me we only let go 1 striker (converted winger) in Arnie and he was such a sulked cunt
we would have been hard put to get anything out of him, so Haller replaces him the other two were shit and or injured all the time

agree we need another striker BUT the window is not shut just yet so fingers crossed
but I don't expect big money but maybe a loan or a lower divi striker for less than £20 mill

whufc_crest fuck the rest
0 x

Social Media