And so.....the end is near

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: And so.....the end is near

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am
garnett wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am

I dont believe he is the man to take us further, age isnt on his side.

Finally, I would like to congratulate 2 players, Rice for the excellent progress he has made this season and my Hammer of the Year Fabianski, without his heroics between the sticks we would have been in another relegation fight.
His age is a problem. But imo he's as good as it's likely to get for us.
Twice in less than a week I’m going to say “nailed on” :)
Edit: “Unless”..... Sullivan was to luck-in with a young, shit-hot, unknown up and comer (hugely unlikely). But even then such a person would be snapped up by a more progressive club faster that you can say “strap-on”.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am

His age is a problem. But imo he's as good as it's likely to get for us.
Edit: “Unless”..... Sullivan was to luck-in with a young, shit-hot, unknown up and comer (hugely unlikely). But even then such a person would be snapped up by a more progressive club faster that you can say “strap-on”.
Nailed On twice in a week eh. Very appropriate for Easter week is it not. :lol:

Problem is though Tone----oh fuck it there are so many problems to screw up your very nice theoretical observation.
1. The dwarf is unlikely to have a list of candidates who fall into any of those categories.
2. Spotty Sullivan Jnr is unlikely to know of them either as "unknown" is hardly likely to feature on the latest FIFA game.
3. Shit-Hot and Unknown tend not to go together in this context. Shit hot tends to mean on everyone's radar.
4. Even if we overcame all of the above the dwarf would surely fuck up any potential negotiations to release the bloke from any existing contract.
5. This is West Ham we're talking about. We don't do young, progressive or shit hot. We do Wilshere, Carroll and Avram Fucking Grant.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am

Nailed On twice in a week eh. Very appropriate for Easter week is it not. :lol:

Problem is though Tone----oh fuck it there are so many problems to screw up your very nice theoretical observation.
1. The dwarf is unlikely to have a list of candidates who fall into any of those categories.
2. Spotty Sullivan Jnr is unlikely to know of them either as "unknown" is hardly likely to feature on the latest FIFA game.
3. Shit-Hot and Unknown tend not to go together in this context. Shit hot tends to mean on everyone's radar.
4. Even if we overcame all of the above the dwarf would surely fuck up any potential negotiations to release the bloke from any existing contract.
5. This is West Ham we're talking about. We don't do young, progressive or shit hot. We do Wilshere, Carroll and Avram Fucking Grant.
“Nailed on” again (one more and we’re all done!).
You’re points are as valid as they are depressing :cry:

I should have written “Unless” in large, capitalised, flashing red font with your points as small-printed Ts and Cs.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media