Ole Gunnar Wotsit

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Ole Gunnar Wotsit

Post by Gonzo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Putting his feet up with a nice big fat cigar and a three year contract.

I'm not sure what the stats are regarding promoting caretaker managers but Edward Woodwoodwood may well end up repenting at leisure.
1 x

Newmarket

Re: Ole Gunnar Wotsit

Post by Newmarket » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Callan ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm

After the first 25 or so mins of the game v Barca I was thinking there's no way Ole's good enough...then something's kinda clicked in that Utd side and they've looked decent. More than decent enough for them to give us a right spanking I fear.

Mind you part of me can't help but think maybe Ole got the job by default. It's a bit of a poisoned chalice is the Old Trafford hot seat and I don't imagine many of the big names Utd would have looked at were in all reality that interested.
1 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 pm

This is why Manure won't challenge for the title.
Solskjaer was the easy option. Riding the wave of positivity after Mourinho got the chop doesn't make Solskjaer a good manager.
There are managers and coaches out there who could build a side with the red plastics resources into a force -- Simeone and Pochettino being the two obvious choices.
Solskjaer might benefit from a Hazardless Chelsea and an underinvesting Arsenal, but he's not cracking the top two, no chance.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm
After the first 25 or so mins of the game v Barca I was thinking there's no way Ole's good enough...then something's kinda clicked in that Utd side and they've looked decent. More than decent enough for them to give us a right spanking I fear.

Mind you part of me can't help but think maybe Ole got the job by default. It's a bit of a poisoned chalice is the Old Trafford hot seat and I don't imagine many of the big names Utd would have looked at were in all reality that interested.
Not his team yet so he can't be blamed for their shortcomings. I thought his tactics were sound tonight but they've only got 2 players who would have a shout of getting in Barca's matchday squad, deGea and Pogba, so it was always going to be an uphill struggle.

Agree about the job by default though. But judge him in a couple of years. If he gets that long. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm

time will tell if he is good enough for the job or not
hopefully he will get the sack which means manure have had a bad time
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm
I think he will have a bad time of it. Pogba has already started with him. I am not sure he will be strong enough when the chips are down.

Which is a shame as he is one of the only Man United players over the years along with Dennis Irwin that I always liked because he appears to have some humility.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:20 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm
4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm
I think he will have a bad time of it. Pogba has already started with him. I am not sure he will be strong enough when the chips are down.

Which is a shame as he is one of the only Man United players over the years along with Dennis Irwin that I always liked because he appears to have some humility.
In my opinion I think Pogba is over rated.Before anyone starts shouting"He helped France win the World Cup"..He was apart of a very good squad.The bloke loves himself and a lot of the time his attitude stinks.

I reckon Grealish or a Maddison would do a better job in the United midfield than him.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:20 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm

In my opinion I think Pogba is over rated.Before anyone starts shouting"He helped France win the World Cup"..He was apart of a very good squad.The bloke loves himself and a lot of the time his attitude stinks.

I reckon Grealish or a Maddison would do a better job in the United midfield than him.
Maybe but he is a mareketeer's dream and so is more important than the coach there.

PS.. for clarity it was OGS that I said I liked.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 pm

h69 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Maybe but he is a mareketeer's dream and so is more important than the coach there.

PS.. for clarity it was OGS that I said I liked.
I knew what you meant H..Who wouldn`t like Ole.
1 x

Social Media