Is the PL rigged?

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7459
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 213
x 550

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Further research on my part has revealed that Leicester won the league in 2016 because of the Chinese animal sign which was the year of the monkey.

As everyone knows the PL is run by Chinese gambling syndicates.

The Chinese are deeply superstitious and the monkey trait is of light-hearted pranksters with the ability to make their dreams come true. Which summed the Foxes up. So millions of Chinese bet on them.

The nearest West Ham come is the rooster with a trait of 'wanting to be loved', which you can loosely tie to the dwarf. There is no year of the dildo. It's not an animal. The 'super-rabbit' comes close but there's already a year of the rabbit so it doesn't count.

The last year of the rooster was 2017, the year we were due to win it with the fat frog supplying the ammo for our marquee signing, but the Chuckles decided spending money was a bad thing and in any case the move to a new home caused a heavenly upheaval so we missed out.

But get your money on us in 2029.

It's not rigged. It's in the stars.

Fucking inscrutable those Chinese.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 351
x 239

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm

I would love to see the League Table with all the decisions that have been wrong and see how the League Table will look..I bet there would be a massive difference in points.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 179
x 198

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by mkhammer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Thing is at the end of the day....they're just better than us...

More Money,Better run,better players,better managers,better work ethic,better grounds,
better coaching,better training facilities.......better beer shelves........ :lol:
1 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3123
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 506
x 385

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 pm
Thing is at the end of the day....they're just better than us...

More Money,Better run,better players,better managers,better work ethic,better grounds,
better coaching,better training facilities.......better beer shelves........ :lol:
Now that's really depressing...............................better beer shelves..... :oops:
0 x

User avatar
Hildreth_1101
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm
x 16
x 57

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:32 pm

From the Referee's perspective, if it was rigged be a lot more people involved in the conspiracy, I think there are enough people that would speak out - I think it is more likely that the pressure of getting a decision wrong with a Big team means that on average, subconsciously Refs are more likely to favour them - When there is a poor decision against a big team you never hear the end of it, when it is for their favour, you only hear it because their rivals make a big deal out of it - Way I see it is even if they only get the big decisions in their favour 55% of them time, it adds up over time.

With that said, explaining the decisions went on the season we had Payet is hard to take - People don't even remember that we would have been in the Champions League if it wasn't for them.

Talking about Crystal Palace home, Chelsea away, Leicester Away, Arsenal home, were a few more like the FA Cup game they fouled Randolph as well - 8 extra points plus probably a Cup Semi-Final...8 points we'd been tied for 3rd with Tottenham and in the UCL. Things been a lot different I think.

That season WAS a bit of a one off, but still - Amount of decisions went the other way felt almost like a conspiracy at times.
2 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 7214
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 103
x 434

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm
I would love to see the League Table with all the decisions that have been wrong and see how the League Table will look..I bet there would be a massive difference in points.
I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be a big difference. Even when there is a bad decision no one really knows how the game would be affected.

Take the Liverpool game at the LS. Had Origi scored in the last minute when clearly offside that would have affected the result because there would have been no time left to do anything about it. The later in the game a crap decision is made the more chance, obviously, of the result being affected by it. That should be obvious to anyone. But had the goal they were allowed to keep been disallowed it's a silly argument to say we would have won 1-0. No one knows how the game would have gone had it been cancelled out. Sure we might have won but we could equally have ended up on the wrong end of a hammering. No one knows because the game would have been totally different. For a start it would have resumed with a free kick to us and not a kick off.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
thomasswe
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:52 pm
x 17
x 49

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by thomasswe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 am

Well look at FIFA and what a corrupt shite of an organisation that is, why would UEFA and FA be much differerent. However ref bias might just boil down to incompetence and i guess some kind of culture (get a wrong decision against a big club and your career takes a big hit)

the refs are likely not directly involved in any corruption other than how the FA treats and protects then - having them directly involved would be too hard to manage. Money-wise its more beneficial if the same teams are strong each and every year, look at the swedish league - it fair and even but weak as shit.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 7214
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 103
x 434

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am

thomasswe wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 am
Well look at FIFA and what a corrupt shite of an organisation that is, why would UEFA and FA be much differerent. However ref bias might just boil down to incompetence and i guess some kind of culture (get a wrong decision against a big club and your career takes a big hit)

the refs are likely not directly involved in any corruption other than how the FA treats and protects then - having them directly involved would be too hard to manage. Money-wise its more beneficial if the same teams are strong each and every year, look at the swedish league - it fair and even but weak as shit.
Make you right mate. We all know home teams often get marginal decisions because it's much easier to give them that way when there's thousands of fans screaming for a free kick. But deliberately favouring the top clubs ? Not in a million years. Obviously the top clubs get more of the favourable decisions because they have more of the ball. Simple mathematics.

As for the Swedish league being weak as shit as you claim, it may well be, but I'd be willing to bet the standard of officiating is far better than we see in England week in week out. Not just referees but linos too I might add. I watch a lot of European football highlight programs and quite a few Spanish league games live on the box and I can honestly say I think we have the worst officials of any major league.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 351
x 239

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm
I would love to see the League Table with all the decisions that have been wrong and see how the League Table will look..I bet there would be a massive difference in points.
I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be a big difference. Even when there is a bad decision no one really knows how the game would be affected.

Take the Liverpool game at the LS. Had Origi scored in the last minute when clearly offside that would have affected the result because there would have been no time left to do anything about it. The later in the game a crap decision is made the more chance, obviously, of the result being affected by it. That should be obvious to anyone. But had the goal they were allowed to keep been disallowed it's a silly argument to say we would have won 1-0. No one knows how the game would have gone had it been cancelled out. Sure we might have won but we could equally have ended up on the wrong end of a hammering. No one knows because the game would have been totally different. For a start it would have resumed with a free kick to us and not a kick off.
No doubt Liverpool and City would still occupy the Top 2 this season.
I do remember one of the tabloids a few years doing a Final Table,if all decisions were taken correctly,how the table would look.The normal big guns were way down on their positions.

You are right in what you say,you don`t know how a game would turn out,because of a different approach to saying going one down.Some teams have been one or two down and they have ended up winning.

At the end of the day,we both have an opinion,you can`t say whether one of us is right or wrong.In mine,I think the big clubs get the 50/50's and they rarely get one that anybody below Top 6 would get going against them.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 179
x 198

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by mkhammer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:55 am

Players make mistakes,Managers make Mistakes,Referees/Linos make mistakes....happens...
But..
The "Top Clubs" are better at pushing the limits....Chelsea were past masters at it,coning,diving,
just generally cheating...hence the nickname,others caught on started doing it,not so bad now tho.

The "Top Clubs" do things we wouldn't dream of....nearest we get to it was, Lanzas was it, wasn't
it last year..they've also learnt stuff...driving into the box for instance,(Hazard Saturday),was
just looking to be pulled down,win a free kick/Penalty,it's a bit of a win/win situation.
We just knock it around trying to play a ball in.
Salah does it,Sterling..It's not cheating anymore,just using it as a means to win, it's a big advantage
tho..don't watch a lot of other games..but looks like Wolves have got some guys that do it..
See the amount of free kicks these guys get in and around the box compared to us.

Spuds were like us,but they learnt the "Dark Side".. :lol: ...Deli Alli...constantly drags his leg,
looking to be tripped..
Just think other sides utilise whats there to be taken advantage of, a bit more than we do.

Thomas made a good point,bout the FA..UEFA..FIFA...being Organisations therefore Businesses,
A Business is out to make as much Money as it Can...you just gotta do the Maths..
Which Clubs do you want in your tournaments...

We Lost out Under Slav no doubt to some shitty Ref Decisions,didn't we have 3 reds all rescinded
as well....ridiculous....but then again we capitulated against Swansea at home...we make it
hard for ourselves..
1 x

Post Reply

Social Media