Is the PL rigged?

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by Hammertime » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:49 pm

When you've been on the wrong end of them it can feel like a conspiracy! What is hard to quantify is the fact that we are anointed as the fastest league in the world, yet compared to the major league competitions globally, we've held off VAR for so long! Once you bring in this technology, it will become harder for the refs to be incompetent and that alone should level the playing field a little and is probably why the prem and the FA have suppressed it up until now.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 pm

0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 pm
How much more proof is required ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... p-biggest/
Nothing new.

Common knowledge for years now.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Guaranteed we get Man City first game,

Well last 5 seasons seen us start with
Liverpool
Man Utd
chelsea
Arsenal
Spuds

No conspiracy here.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:53 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 pm
How much more proof is required ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... p-biggest/
Nothing new.

That's pretty much been the case since the PL started hasn't it ? But it's hardly "rigging" is it ? Each team still has to play the others twice, home and away, so I don't really see when the fixture happens makes a blind bit of difference.

All this conspiracy theory stuff is a load of old cojones imo. The reason we don't qualify for the CL or the Europa League is sod all to do with match rigging, fixture rigging, the FA being anti West Ham (yes, I've read that somewhere) or dodgy refereeing decisions. We don't qualify because unfortunately at the moment we aren't good enough to.

Hopefully we will address and rectify that basic fact instead of, in true Mark Hughes fashion, trying to claim the world, his wife and the fucking F A are against us.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:53 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Nothing new.

That's pretty much been the case since the PL started hasn't it ? But it's hardly "rigging" is it ? Each team still has to play the others twice, home and away, so I don't really see when the fixture happens makes a blind bit of difference.

If it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference then why do the powers that be make sure it never happens ?
1 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

If it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference then why do the powers that be make sure it never happens ?
Precisely, why make 6 of the 14 teams have a hard opening day fixture therefore mAking it easier for top 6, as we have seen time and time again getting of to a good start can be crucial.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Of course it’s rigged

Terry Brown let that slip when he admitted it was “our turn” to be relegated
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I would have thought that was obvious. TV figures are pretty much always guaranteed to be high at the start and end of the season. The so called key games are wanted by the TV companies to be spread out across the season. And he who pays the piper, as they say.

My point is that it makes absolutely no difference when the West Ham Uniteds of this world are defeated by the Manchester Citys. It's going to happen sometime, why not get it over with. ;)

Tbh I'm amazed the people who are obsessed with the idea the whole thing is rigged bother following football at all. Would you watch a competition knowing the result was a foregone conclusion ? But I suppose it's always more comforting to blame someone else for your own shortcomings and deficiencies than it is to face up to them.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm
Newmarket wrote:

I would have thought that was obvious. TV figures are pretty much always guaranteed to be high at the start and end of the season. The so called key games are wanted by the TV companies to be spread out across the season. And he who pays the piper, as they say.

My point is that it makes absolutely no difference when the West Ham Uniteds of this world are defeated by the Manchester Citys. It's going to happen sometime, why not get it over with. ;)

Tbh I'm amazed the people who are obsessed with the idea the whole thing is rigged bother following football at all. Would you watch a competition knowing the result was a foregone conclusion ? But I suppose it's always more comforting to blame someone else for your own shortcomings and deficiencies than it is to face up to them.
Did that last sentence just suddenly come to you afterwards ?
1 x

Social Media