Is the PL rigged?

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by Flairon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am

TBH, the concept smacks of over the top and unrealistic paranoia.
0 x
Flairon

Fade-and-Die

Post by Fade-and-Die » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 am
It's all a bit over my head to be honest.

I still don't understand why the FA would want Man U to win a competition they don't get any money from. Why would they go to all the trouble of bribing their officials to manipulate a rival competition when they don't receive any reward.

They'd be risking imprisonment for nothing and somehow conspiring to keep it quiet amongst hundreds of people (all of whom would be pissed off because they're taking risk without getting paid).

The FA & officials would take all of the risk, yet when the TV deals come along the Premier League would get all of the money.

Where's the motive? People that commit crime want to profit and this would be fraud on a huge scale.
Conspiracy theories don't need to make sense Gonz
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Fade-and-Die wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 am
It's all a bit over my head to be honest.

I still don't understand why the FA would want Man U to win a competition they don't get any money from. Why would they go to all the trouble of bribing their officials to manipulate a rival competition when they don't receive any reward.

They'd be risking imprisonment for nothing and somehow conspiring to keep it quiet amongst hundreds of people (all of whom would be pissed off because they're taking risk without getting paid).

The FA & officials would take all of the risk, yet when the TV deals come along the Premier League would get all of the money.

Where's the motive? People that commit crime want to profit and this would be fraud on a huge scale.
You're right there mate. They never do. :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Fade-and-Die

Post by Fade-and-Die » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
Fade-and-Die wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 pm

There was a mental conspiracy theorist on Footymad. Can't remember his name but my God he had some fucked up views.
0 x

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Fade-and-Die wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

There was a mental conspiracy theorist on Footymad. Can't remember his name but my God he had some fucked up views.
Yeah, I remember that nutter...wasnt he a Barcode ?, and I think his name began with an "H"
He was just a total wind up merchant though, not a real conspiracist, it was obvious from his answers when give scientific proof, hed still just stay prove it or just say everybody is lieing ...
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Fade-and-Die wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Macgyver was his name (and he was a Newcastle fan from memory)

....Proper fruit loop...Fun though.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:17 pm

absolutely

the major reason i want VAR really, in theory it should be harder to justify dodgy calls

also the reason i think the new pen rules are good, ie accidental or not, if it touches the arm/hand it's a pen, unfortunately we are going to see attackers fishing for it but at least thats a large chuck of subjectivity out of the window

for me the premiership has a credibility issue and the fact they've dragged on with bringing in these changes is quite telling imho
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

the more money in something the higher probability of corruption.. take politics for example, of course power is attractive but it's scary how many of them end up become multimillionaires after getting into office
0 x

Social Media