Are some bookings, bookings?

Chat about anything football related here!

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Are some bookings, bookings?

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:09 am

Are refs getting a little pedantic these days or are they just under so much pressure from all angles? Are they really to blame or is it the organisation that supplies them and the way they are guided? Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing in the PL getting worse? Does Colin Wanker really have a case to be answered?
A few examples from just this last week:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47921937

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47836480

Taking your shirt off for scoring a goal, celebrating with the fans etc. I know it’s nothing new, remember Gazza getting booked for picking up the refs yellow card after he had dropped it and returning it to him with a smile on his face?

Discuss...
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

eskimo joe

Re: Are some bookings, bookings?

Post by eskimo joe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Last time i read the laws of the game i recall seeing that it was only an offence to remove your shirt when the second undershirt had advertising of any sort on it. Course it could have changed, or maybe refs are skipping certain parts of the law. Cant be arsed to look up the renewed version, but yes they are too pedantic when it comes to that. But i guess some will have an argument as to why it ought to be discouraged. As for Colin Wanker, he is a bad loser anyway, so hell argue black is red, even if at times it is.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 am

eskimo joe wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Last time i read the laws of the game i recall seeing that it was only an offence to remove your shirt when the second undershirt had advertising of any sort on it. Course it could have changed, or maybe refs are skipping certain parts of the law. Cant be arsed to look up the renewed version, but yes they are too pedantic when it comes to that. But i guess some will have an argument as to why it ought to be discouraged. As for Colin Wanker, he is a bad loser anyway, so hell argue black is red, even if at times it is.
I've never really got why a goalscorer feels the need to show off his fucking torso to a predominantly male audience. Celebrating with the fans should never be a booking imo but removing your shirt ?? Give the cunt a red card. ;)

Very much in favour of shirt removal in the women's game though. Would do wonders for attendances. As would a return to the muddy pitches of old and the girls rolling around in mud after a goal. :shock:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

garnett

Post by garnett » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 am

Morning,
The referees are under instruction, its the institute that needs to be updated.
Quite simple in my book not every tackle is a foul, last time I looked it is still a contact sport, please correct me if wrong.
That said, I do believe the longer games go on I think more cards are given, again correct if necessary, but what I categorically know is true is that common sense is certainly not in the handbook.
0 x

Social Media