Andy Carroll

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:26 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 am

Trouble with that argument is that we might not of needed 'keeping up' if he hadn't missed so many games to start with.
Made me laugh when he suffered whiplash and was out for 2 weeks as result of celebrating his goal when he belly slid along the turf.
When 100% he is a nightmare for any defender to handle. Thats a given lol. His body has been slowly breaking and his career is over. Mistake we made was giving him such a lengthy contract.
6 years ago between 15 and 17 million was way too much not to hand out at least a 5 year deal.
It says a lot about Carroll's issues that although the other option (at the time) was Wilfried Bony, I'd say we made the wrong choice.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun May 12, 2019 4:24 pm

OMG Antonio can be abysmal LOL
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

garnett

Post by garnett » Mon May 13, 2019 7:49 am

What a sad sad thread, the bloke has been extremely unfortunate.
0 x

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm

garnett wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:49 am
FFS. Unfortunate ain't getting paid millions a year and not having to work for it. Aint his fault he was fucked when we brought him and has been fucked ever since. But no one can say he werent a fucking massive waste of money. And going on the piss regular aint helping him get up to match fitness.
1 x

Caboose

Post by Caboose » Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm

This club dont ever learn. Caroll got crocked his first match with us when he was only loaned to us and he missed a load of games but we still went and signed him for 6 years. Fucking mad or what.
1 x

garnett

Post by garnett » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 am

Parry Hotter wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm
garnett wrote:
FFS. Unfortunate ain't getting paid millions a year and not having to work for it. Aint his fault he was fucked when we brought him and has been fucked ever since. But no one can say he werent a fucking massive waste of money. And going on the piss regular aint helping him get up to match fitness.
You are correct of course, unfortunate is not being able to ply the trade you love due to illness or injury, on the piss didnt hinder Sir Bobby or Jimmy Greaves and I wouldnt worry about his Sullivans money problems, I can guarantee he doesnt give a flying fuck about your or any or OUR contributions to the club which in the bigger picture is insignificant.

Enjoy the sun
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm
garnett wrote:
Agree with all 3 points.

A total waste of money.? I don't think even those who think him a decent footballer would disagree with that.

As you say not his fault although his lifestyle wouldn't have done a lot for his overall fitness I would have thought. But his lifestyle was a matter of record when he signed for us so those who sanctioned the transfer knew what we were getting.

And no way unfortunate. Unfortunate is being in a market place when some cunt decides to blow himself up and take those in the vicinity with him. Unfortunate is losing your job and not being able to support your family. Unfortunate is being sick and unable to go out and earn a crust. Carroll was unfit most of the time he was on our payroll but his income was protected by his contract. Unfortunate is the last word I would use to describe him.

Glad to see the back of him. A bloke very fortunate indeed to be in a job where, even if he is regularly unable to carry out his duties, is still paid in full and has no fear of dismissal or other sanctions.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 pm

He’s actually been out-ponced by Alexis Sanchez at the moment

Manure will apparently have to pay £12m just to get him out the door

Just illustrates how obscene the top level of football is
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 pm
He’s actually been out-ponced by Alexis Sanchez at the moment

Manure will apparently have to pay £12m just to get him out the door

Just illustrates how obscene the top level of football is
Perhaps there should be an award alongside the various "Player of The Year" awards that come round this time of the year. A special award representing the biggest waste of money during the season.

Tbh given our record of signing chronic sicknotes I'm surprised we haven't yet been linked with Daniel Sturridge now that he has fallen even further down the Liverpool batting order.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 pm

If he being able to afford this is unfortunate, then i must be the unluckiest bloke ever born.....

0 x

Social Media